BY THE ORDINARY #74 in Face Serums

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry A two percent salicylic acid treatment solution with witch hazel for blemish-prone skin. Solutions for: - Acne and blemishes - Dullness and uneven texture If you want to know more… This two percent treatment solution helps exfoliate skin, fighting the appearance of blemishes and for better visible skin clarity with continued use. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without alcohol, silicone, nuts, gluten, and fragrance. see more...

Mariela S.
Mesa, AZ
I love the ordinary products. I bought the product because of a beauty guru, and the salicylic acid was my first product from this online store. The product comes with a sticker schedule so if you buy two one can have the morning sticker and the other for night time. its very convenient. The only reason I rated 3 stars is because i only used it for one week and had a breakout not sure if this was the cause. But I am looking into using it again so i can give a better review.
Kelsi B.
Dallas, TX
I use TO salicylic acid 2% on a daily basis and it has done wonders for my skin. Salicylic Acid is a BHA (beta hydroxyl acid) meaning is exfoliates inside your pores as opposed to AHAs which exfoliate the surface. Both kinds of acids are great but TO Salicylic Acid 2% is at a higher concentration than most products containing salicylic acid (usually less than 1% in most over the counter products) so it’s more effective without having to get a prescription. It’s also dang cheap at around $6!!! This product has personally helped me get rid of some post pimple marks and removing blackheads & other gunk that has clogged my pores. And as an added benefit, the company is vegan & cruelty free.
Faith F.
This does wonders if you are going the BHA route! It's very affordable, easy to use, good texture. I have used more expensive BHAs in the past but this works just as well as anything I've tried. I usually use this every other night to avoid excessive dryness of the skin. If you're looking to incorporate a BHA into your skincare routine or looking for a cheaper alternative, try this!
Erin F.
Columbus
This product is part of my skincare routine and I use it every other morning as a spot treatment for my acne. There are a lot of brands that sell salicylic acid serums and other products, but The Ordinary’s products get the job done without breaking the bank. The packaging is very sleek and modern, and the dropper makes for easy application.
Theresa B.
San Francisco, CA
Good salicylic acid (SA) solution without the piney smell that a lot of SA products have. Dries down completely. Works especially well for body acne—I personally use this on my upper back after showering and it helps keep that area clear. (It works on the face as well, it’s just too harsh for my face since I use retinol products.)
Katie O.
Kent, OH
I really enjoyed this product at helping to control my oil, but I didn’t feel like it did enough. The product produced a white foam when rubbing in and seemed to mattify the skin without drying. It didn’t do anything for blackheads or acne, so it was kind of miss for me. I really would only use it to control oil not acne.
Robbi K.
Bought this because I was breakout out soooo bad on my chin lately and wanted a cheap sal acid to help. Been using his for a week so not sure if I see any results yet but will keep this post updated. Oh and if you use too much it leaves a weird soapy film on skin? Not sure if that is just the base or the sal acid...
Erin H.
Tomball, TX
Honestly this stuff is like a miracle in a bottle. I had severe acne all over my face and all i did was mix a little in with my night moisturizer and then in 2-4 days my break out was gone. And even after the first night my pimples were dramatically different. If you place the product directly on your face it will dry out and cause a terrible amount of peeling so i definitely suggest mixing it with moisturizer. The product is 10/10, must buy! And pretty cheap too!
Naomi G.
HINESVILLE
Its just bestThe Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution ever i use it whenever i break out and sleep on it and my acne us gone in the morning i order this product at DCIEM website because they are always sold out on sephora i recommend this to acne prone skin it the best
Blaine H.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Recently discovered that I have mild rosacea and this is the most amazing acid for me. Not harsh, but gets the job done and calms down my skin. Minimalistic packaging ordered through their website. Everything is so decently priced I could buy the whole site!