The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution uploaded by Maddie S.The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution uploaded by Amber D.The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution uploaded by Juliana O.

BY THE ORDINARY

Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin. This 2% treatment solution helps exfoliate the inside walls of pores to fight the appearance of blemishes and for better visible skin clarity with continued use.

Contraindications: This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.

Note: While exfoliating acids can result in quick visible benefits, we generally suggest indirect forms of skin exfoliation in favour of direct forms such as this formula due to potential inflammation and sensitivity associated with acids. Please refer to NIOD's Non-Acid Acid Precursor for such a reference.

Note: This product is not medicine. If you are fighting extensive or persistent acne, please consult a physician. Effective medicine exists to fight acne successfully, including retinoic acid and benzoyl peroxide.

Kim M.
Kim M.
This product really made me like salicylic acid. I always hated salicylic acid products because they would make my skin dry and break me out even more (and not in a purging way) because of all of the additives. I love how this can be added to any other serums or used as a spot treatment so you can really customize it. As a spot treatments it seems to help cysts go away faster and I seem to break out less when I mix it in with other serums for all over my face. One thing that confuses me about this is the size, it's only 0.5 oz, which is fine, but even their eye serum which is used on a smaller area comes in 1 oz. I found the size/shape of the bottle a little cumbersome also had have accidentally knocked it over already, thankfully this stuff is so affordable. If you ever have acne, whether it is a single breakout or two a month, or you have a full face of acne I think you need to buy this product.
Danielle G.
Danielle G.
AWESOME. great for a spot treatment or even as a once a week night serum to get rid of those pesky pimples that we like to keep away. I mostly use this as a spot treatment, I love that it is clear and absorbs into the skin I can use this under makeup during the day to keep those blemishes under control during the day. this doesn't dry out my skin, its like magic in a bottle the breakouts have just vanished after using for 2 weeks.
Maddie S.
Maddie S.
This is a pretty good product because it is in my price range, but contains the ingredients my skin needs. I usually buy expensive skin care, but I was happy to see an affordable nice skin care line. This product really helps my skin with spot treatment. I use it in the morning and night.
Vee P.
Vee P.
This is my new favorite BHA product. I have been dealing with acne for a really long time and have tried a few other BHA products on the market. So far, this has been the most effective for me. My skin did purge but the results afterwards is clear smooth skin. It helped clear my skin up within a month. My acne is not very severe though. I would like to note that, only occasional spots. The packaging is strong and sturdy. I like the dropper bottle. I'll be repurchasing once I run out.
Amber D.
Amber D.
Deltona, FL
THISSSSSSS. I think we're all taught in our teens that salicylic acid is our friend, but it really loses its effectiveness when it's the 30th ingredient listed on product that creates a slew of other issues, such as dryness, tight skin, and furthering breakouts. Being that this is such a pure form, it does WONDERS for acne, either a drop on a pimple here and there or on the face entirely. With use of this morning and night, in conjunction with the niacinamide/zinc solution after, my breakouts have decreased in frequency and heal much faster.
FuRen B.
FuRen B.
West Hartford, CT
i have oily skin and i love this product. i use it at night and it has really helped my skin break out less and the BHA in it helps exfoliate without irritating my skin. i think it's helped my skin be less oily as well done it draws out all the gross stuff! great addition to my skin car routine!
Prashansa G.
Prashansa G.
I have dry skin and don't struggle a lot with acne either. However, I do get big cystic zits once in a while. I use this product as a spot treatment and it works wonders on my skin. I used to use the Origin's salicylic acid but I'll most likely be switching to this one.
Ocean T.
Ocean T.
Ozone Park, NY
I dont have acne butthose tiny bumps that irritate me , they don't favour my makeup at all rather makes makeup look like bad. But I've been using this for sometime now. I feel it has made my skin very smoother and lesser bumps can be seen. I will continue using this as this is such a great product for the price!
Jacquie B.
Jacquie B.
Anaheim, CA
I recently purchased 7 different items from The Ordinary and I am so happy I did. I use the salicylic acid as a spot treatment before bed and put a moisturizer on after and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin.
Juliana O.
Juliana O.
i love love the price point of these products and they're very affective. no scent, fast absorbing, right to the point.
Linda P.
Linda P.
How long does it take to see results? I've been using this product for 2 weeks now and I see no change.
morgan c.
morgan c.
Catonsville, MD
Does this burn the skin or cause any peeling? I have sensitive skin and would like to use this product to get rid of acne.