BY THE ORDINARY #35 in Face Serums

Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin. This 2% treatment solution helps exfoliate the inside walls of pores to fight the appearance of blemishes and for better visible skin clarity with continued use.

Contraindications: This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.

Note: While exfoliating acids can result in quick visible benefits, we generally suggest indirect forms of skin exfoliation in favour of direct forms such as this formula due to potential inflammation and sensitivity associated with acids. Please refer to NIOD's Non-Acid Acid Precursor for such a reference.

Note: This product is not medicine. If you are fighting extensive or persistent acne, please consult a physician. Effective medicine exists to fight acne successfully, including retinoic acid and benzoyl peroxide.

• I purchased this product specifically for my nose. How do I use t...1 Answers
  • Does anyone else use this after the toner? And do you find that i...2 Answers
  • Soy de piel seca, y estoy interesada en estos pro... Be the first to answer!
Kelsi B.
Dallas, TX
I used to use a drugstore SA spot treatment but I never felt like it was especially effective. This product, however, is exceptionally effective. Its a great spot treatment but you can also use it all over your face to break up gunk deep in your pores.

Its not only a great spot treatment, though! About once a week I'll put this on my entire face and about 30 minutes later I will do an oil cleanse (massaging a non comodegenic cleansing oil or emulsion on dry skin for about 5 minutes) to pull out some of those sebaceous filaments. You know those little grey spots that look like blackheads but they're not? Yeah, those things! The SA 2% exfoliates deep down in the pores so that the oil cleanse removes those little collections of sebum!
Meghan C.
Glendale, CA
The Ordinary is truly a god send. Absurdly affordable, straight/forward ingredients and a very informative website that helps you create your routine and tell you in which order to apply your products for maximum results. The Ordinary has become my absolute favorite skincare brand. I know use this along with a few other products and this one has stood out the most. Salicylic Acid is actually good for so many things other than just acne. It brightens and smooths skin as well. It’s a little drying but not enough that i even need a night cream, i just let it do its thing. This is my favorite product from the ordinary. Use it all over your face or just as a spot treatment.
Cara E.
Pikeville, KY
Best salicylic acid product on the market. I know, that seems like a far-fetched statement, but I’ve tried them ALL and this one works the best. I have oily/combination skin, so I only use this once daily in my nighttime routine and my skin is so clear. I’m even on my “monthly” right now - which usually means a few zits and blackheads pop up. Nope, nothing. My pores look smaller and all around my skin is so so so much better. You can’t beat the price of this product, so even if it wasn’t the best - I would still be impressed. I’ve only been using it for two weeks and I ordered two extra bottles just so I never run out. I love it!
Stephanie O.
This is definitely the best salicylic acid I have ever used. I literally saw my blackheads FALL OUT... I kid you not! I have tiny blackheads on my nose and it looks like little hairs just chillin there. I wiped it off and was so amazed. This happened over night. I have also dabbled on my troubled acne areas and it helped reduce the redness. The bumps are also going down. Can't wait to see the progress after a month of using. The price is AMAZING. It does not get better than this.
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
I bought this on Sephora.com. Heads up, I have to wait like 2 months for it to be “in stock” and it sells out in 24 hours.

I wanted to use this to take a break from my prescription acne meds, but it didn’t do anything. It is a very thick serum so really just one drop can supply the entire face. I wouldn’t recommend using more than a drop because then you will have to wait a while for it to absorb before you apply anything else.
I gave it 3 stars because it seems to speed up healing for body acne.
Ally D.
Somerville, MA
I don't think you can really go wrong with a Salicylic Acid in your routine. It's a smooth serum/gel like consistency and it applies nicely. I wouldn't necessarily put this all over my face but use this more as an on spot treatment for me personally. If you are someone who is concerned about breakouts while wearing heavy makeup, I also like to apply this on my skin before I put on any moisturizer or makeup to ensure any thick foundation won't cause problems.
Breeana D.
Oceanside, CA
THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I have very weird skin, it’s oily but also incredibly dry to the point where I have skin flaking off of my forehead and nose it’s so dry. Based off of a review I read on Buzzfeed, I bought this product. I felt like I was in sticker shock when I saw how cheap their prices were! Flash forward to receiving it in the mail, literally 7 days later, no more skin flaking off my face and it has improved my skin tremendously
Eva T.
Indianapolis, IN

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}

The best salicylic acid product on the market hands down!!! All of their products are so affordable and easy to customize to one’s own skincare needs. I bought this product for my daughter and we are definitely seeing the results. She has hormonal acne and she spot treats nightly. The formula is gentle and does not irritate her skin.
Michele L.
Astoria, NY
In a previous review for a different product, I said that that was my go to SA product. After using this for a few weeks, I think I need to go back on that. The first 2 nights I used it, I got some small breakouts, but I pushed through and they've gone away. It's a slightly thicker than water consistency, and a little bit goes a long way. I use this product in the AM, and use moisturizer and sunscreen on top of it.
Frankie E.
Maplewood, MN
Salicylic
acid is a total must-have for psoriasis. This is the same ingredient as what you find in over the counter pain killers, so it’s fantastic for inflammation! I was thrilled to find a SA product for so cheap! I use it primarily for spot treating breakouts and dry patches, but I've also had a lot of success on my scalp.

Salicylic acid increases cell turnover. This makes the skin grow faster, opening up pores. For those with dandruff, psoriasis, or heavy acne, this is a fantastic problem solver. It doesn't work for everyone but at only 2% it also doesn't cause a lot of poor reactions.

Great packaging, great price, great product! 5 stars, easily!
Why does it turn into white foam when applying it on face? This happens to even if I’m only using this product. Does anyone else come across this as well?
I have been using this product for 7 days and i have extreme dry skin now where i used this . Also i am having peeling! Does that mean it is working ? Or amy reaction? Shall I continue using this?
Emily S.
Reston
How long should I use this product? Can I use it everyday for months or should I stop after a certain amount of time?
Rebecca C.
Has anyone with Oily skin used this as a spot treatment? Or do you use it daily? What do you find works best!?
Jackie M.
Gilbert, AZ
Have any of you tried out the brand “the ordinary” and if so how do you like it!? The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution