BY THE ORDINARY #48 in Face Serums

Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin. This 2% treatment solution helps exfoliate the inside walls of pores to fight the appearance of blemishes and for better visible skin clarity with continued use.

Contraindications: This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.

Note: While exfoliating acids can result in quick visible benefits, we generally suggest indirect forms of skin exfoliation in favour of direct forms such as this formula due to potential inflammation and sensitivity associated with acids. Please refer to NIOD's Non-Acid Acid Precursor for such a reference.

Note: This product is not medicine. If you are fighting extensive or persistent acne, please consult a physician. Effective medicine exists to fight acne successfully, including retinoic acid and benzoyl peroxide.

• I purchased this product specifically for my nose. How do I use t...1 Answers
  • Does anyone else use this after the toner? And do you find that i...1 Answers
  • Soy de piel seca, y estoy interesada en estos pro... Be the first to answer!
Kelsi B.
Dallas, TX
I used to use a drugstore SA spot treatment but I never felt like it was especially effective. This product, however, is exceptionally effective. Its a great spot treatment but you can also use it all over your face to break up gunk deep in your pores.

Its not only a great spot treatment, though! About once a week I'll put this on my entire face and about 30 minutes later I will do an oil cleanse (massaging a non comodegenic cleansing oil or emulsion on dry skin for about 5 minutes) to pull out some of those sebaceous filaments. You know those little grey spots that look like blackheads but they're not? Yeah, those things! The SA 2% exfoliates deep down in the pores so that the oil cleanse removes those little collections of sebum!
Meghan C.
Glendale, CA
The Ordinary is truly a god send. Absurdly affordable, straight/forward ingredients and a very informative website that helps you create your routine and tell you in which order to apply your products for maximum results. The Ordinary has become my absolute favorite skincare brand. I know use this along with a few other products and this one has stood out the most. Salicylic Acid is actually good for so many things other than just acne. It brightens and smooths skin as well. It’s a little drying but not enough that i even need a night cream, i just let it do its thing. This is my favorite product from the ordinary. Use it all over your face or just as a spot treatment.
Cara E.
Pikeville, KY
Best salicylic acid product on the market. I know, that seems like a far-fetched statement, but I’ve tried them ALL and this one works the best. I have oily/combination skin, so I only use this once daily in my nighttime routine and my skin is so clear. I’m even on my “monthly” right now - which usually means a few zits and blackheads pop up. Nope, nothing. My pores look smaller and all around my skin is so so so much better. You can’t beat the price of this product, so even if it wasn’t the best - I would still be impressed. I’ve only been using it for two weeks and I ordered two extra bottles just so I never run out. I love it!
Stephanie O.
This is definitely the best salicylic acid I have ever used. I literally saw my blackheads FALL OUT... I kid you not! I have tiny blackheads on my nose and it looks like little hairs just chillin there. I wiped it off and was so amazed. This happened over night. I have also dabbled on my troubled acne areas and it helped reduce the redness. The bumps are also going down. Can't wait to see the progress after a month of using. The price is AMAZING. It does not get better than this.
Cat R.
Bronxville, NY
I love this salicylic acid! For a great price you get a whole lot of concentrated product. I'm not a big fan of the dropper, but that's really no big deal. Be careful with this stuff, though,  because it really will dry you out. Spot treatments only with this. I put it on a spot for two nights in a row (a pretty big one I have to say) and by the third morning all that was left was dry skin (gross I know, but I would rather have dry skin than acne).
Ally D.
Somerville, MA
I don't think you can really go wrong with a Salicylic Acid in your routine. It's a smooth serum/gel like consistency and it applies nicely. I wouldn't necessarily put this all over my face but use this more as an on spot treatment for me personally. If you are someone who is concerned about breakouts while wearing heavy makeup, I also like to apply this on my skin before I put on any moisturizer or makeup to ensure any thick foundation won't cause problems.
Breeana D.
Oceanside, CA
THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I have very weird skin, it’s oily but also incredibly dry to the point where I have skin flaking off of my forehead and nose it’s so dry. Based off of a review I read on Buzzfeed, I bought this product. I felt like I was in sticker shock when I saw how cheap their prices were! Flash forward to receiving it in the mail, literally 7 days later, no more skin flaking off my face and it has improved my skin tremendously
Eva T.
Indianapolis, IN

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}

The best salicylic acid product on the market hands down!!! All of their products are so affordable and easy to customize to one’s own skincare needs. I bought this product for my daughter and we are definitely seeing the results. She has hormonal acne and she spot treats nightly. The formula is gentle and does not irritate her skin.
Jordie M.
Claremont, NH
If you have mild to moderate acne or hormonal acne like myself, this is a must have product. This works incredible as both a daily treatment or for spot treating. It works great to decrease the inflammation around the acne. Acne appears much smaller almost immediately, and then is usually gone within a day or two. It can be drying on the skin, so make sure you have a good daily moisturizer.
Jessica W.
Rock Hill, SC
I like this product so much more than I thought I would. I was afraid at first because I have dry skin but I have awful hormonal breakouts. This stuff works great! But do be sure to hydrate your skin well afterwards as it can make your face feel very tight! You can even use it as a spot treatment if you don't want to put it everywhere. And the price is to die for!
Emily S.
Reston
How long should I use this product? Can I use it everyday for months or should I stop after a certain amount of time?
morgan c.
Catonsville, MD
Does this burn the skin or cause any peeling? I have sensitive skin and would like to use this product to get rid of acne.
Linda P.
How long does it take to see results? I've been using this product for 2 weeks now and I see no change.
Rebecca C.
Has anyone with Oily skin used this as a spot treatment? Or do you use it daily? What do you find works best!?
I have been using this product for 7 days and i have extreme dry skin now where i used this . Also i am having peeling! Does that mean it is working ? Or amy reaction? Shall I continue using this?