The Ordinary Retinol 1% uploaded by Michelle F.The Ordinary Retinol 1% uploaded by Jacqueline G.The Ordinary Retinol 1% uploaded by Karen M.

BY THE ORDINARY

This water-free formulation contains 1% pure Retinol, an ingredient that can reduce the appearances of fine lines, of photo damage and of general skin ageing. While Retinol has been studied extensively, it is irritating to the skin and newer technologies exist that mimic the visible effects of Retinol without causing skin irritation.

Geneva S.
Los Angeles, CA
The ordinary does it again!! I cannot believe that such quality products come at such and incredible price! This retinol is incredible! I put it on every night and my face looks so refreshed in the morning. It has helped my acne and scarring. The 1% is stronger than the 2% so if you’re newer to retinoids, I recommend starting at 2% first.
Erikka B.
Three cheers for fewer lines and less congested skin; if you're going to buy The Ordinary products, I suggest taking full advantage of their advisors to make sure you're getting ingredients that will help YOUR skin. At that gorgeous price point you can buy them all and not know how to use any and realllllllly wreck your skin.
Naomi G.
Hinesville, GA
I love this i alternate using my marula oil and this it like fountain of youth its best prevent fine lines and wrinkles i am 37 and my skin is not showing of aging The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2% Serum i would buy this over n over again and it so affordable
Callie O.
Judsonia, AR
This is a good retinol to use if you're new to using retinol as long as you follow the directions. I used it 3 times a week. The only thing I dont like is how greasy this feels, but it didnt break me out. I probably will try a different retinol product.
Danielle L.
Hagerstown
This is lightweight and makes your skin so soft and supple. It’s very effective and can help with fine lines and uneven skin tone. It’s very gentle and works well. I really like this product and will purchase again.
Yesenia L.
Visalia, CA
This has minimal irritation for me... but it could be because I’ve been using retinol for over a year now. I love that it’ has silicone base... it feels nice, but if you’re trying to stay away from silicones, this isn’t the product for you.
Nichole C.
Vancouver, WA
This retinol cream/serum has helped with my texture so much. I wouldn’t use this more than two times a week though because otherwise you will start to peel a lot and it can leave your makeup not looking so hot so definitely exfoliate!!
carlena h.
Stow, OH
It doesn’t get any better than this not only does this work very well but it is very cheap the only thing is I wish I had a store that I can walk into to look at some items and read more detail and also test them out
Kristen M.
Orange Beach, AL
This is the concentration of one of the most important anti-aging ingredients. It's in a creme base and I use it at night and I swear my fine lines are gone and my face feels so tight and youthful.
MaryAnne A.
It's very lightweight and comfortable on the skin. I want to believe it's evened out my skin tone, but I didn't have that much pigmentation to begin with. It's definitely no miracle worker on its own but it's a nice complement to my skincare routine. I'm also 24, so there's not a lot of ageing to combat yet lol. Never too early though! Also can't beat the price
rebeca c.
Will this help with wrinkles? I'm beginning to get one and want to nip it in the bud 😩
anewxa a.
How often can I use this and is there a way to introduce this for sensitive skin?
Catherine S.
Westmoor, Newcastle upon Tyne
I have this and i tried it but it completely dried my skin out and made it really textured. Is this normal and my skin will get back to normal or should I completely stop using it?
Jen F.
How does this compare to higher end brands like skinceuticals? Both have retinol 1.0, but are they similar?
Jenny R.
The Ordinary Retinol 1% Is this the formula I should start out with? I haven't used retinols since college, but need to add them back into my routine. I want to go with The Ordinary's line bc it is affordable and amazing. I just don't want to start off too high or too low. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.