The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5%

by The Ordinary

Pycnogenol® is a natural plant extract derived from the pine bark of French maritime pine trees. It contains procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids that work in synergy to rejuvenate the skin, with the aim of enhancing skin hydration and elasticity. With the ability to selectively bind to collagen and elastin, Pycnogenol® protects these proteins from degradation, helping to nourish the skin from the inside out. Being a unique and powerful antioxidant, Pycnogenol® scavenges for free radicals before they cause damage by oxidative stress. It can also recycle oxidized Vitamin C to restore its activity. The Ordinary Pycnogenol® 5% is free of artificial colours. The formula’s deep red colour is due to the high procyanidin content in Pycnogenol®. After application, please wash hands and avoid product contact with light coloured fabric as it may stain.

Pycnogenol® is a trademark of Horphag Research Ltd. Neither DECIEM nor The Ordinary is affiliated with Horphag Research Ltd.

Usage: Apply alone or after water-based serums, before oils or heavier creams. Alternatively, mix with other treatments to enhance their antioxidant capacity significantly. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Propanediol, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract.

How do you use this product?
which one would you recommend? The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% ? The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% 30ml
Start your review of The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5%!
How would you rate this product?
Jacqui V.
Vancouver, BC
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Jacqui V.
Purchased at: Sephora
My new favourite skincare product!! This serum is AMAZING, it instantly brightens and hydrates dull skin. This has become a daily staple, I’ve found it even evens my skin tone and the appearance of old scars. Super impressed with this product, don’t let the bright red colour dissuade you!
Vanessa B.
Toronto, ON
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Vanessa B.
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Vanessa B.
I didn’t really know what I was getting into when I bought this but I had been using HA and wanted to expand further into serums and acids by The Ordinary. This one is great!! A few drops on the fingertips and I massage the oil into my skin, its really warm when it first touches. I find it plumps and smooths my wrinkles down instantly!
Stephanie H.
Medon, TN
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Stephanie H.
It had great reviews , and I wanted something to add when I use vitamin c serum, it seems almost like a face oil and after using it for a few weeks honestly I can't tell a difference. I love most of the ordinary products I have tried but I will pass on this
Patricia O.
Sant joan, Alicante
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Patricia O.
Estupendo producto te deja la cara lisa y perfecta para seguir con tu rutina, tengo la piel mixta y no me da ninguna sensación de grasa. Llevo pocos días usándolo pero promete ser un buen antioxidante para el verano. Recomendado 100 por 100. Sin duda forma ya parte de mi rutina . La utilizo despues de la vitana c un par de gotas . Despues de aplicarlo lavarse las manos ya que tiene un color rojizo y podria manchar tus prendas.
Erika L.
Cassadaga, NY
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Erika L.
Pycnogenol is a great ingredient for anti-aging and this is the main reason why I decided to try it and The Ordinary is a great brand so I ordered this. Let me first warn you incase you don't read the full review because there is somethings that I wish I had known and I personally saw no reviews explaining this. The texture of this is very oily and it leaves a oily feeling on my skin no matter what I do or how I layer it. This isn't a deal breaker because I use this in my night routine and I usually use a oil in my nightly routine so im used to that feeling however it takes a little longer than my normal oils to soak completely into my skin. So yes its oily but I still have to explain more about the texture of this. It isn't exactly sticky but it feels almost thick or a little hard to spread (apply) all over your face if you use a tiny ammont, so you do a little bit more than maybe you would thick you in. The only way I can explain what im trying to say it so imagine laying on thicc thicc syrup on your face but oily. Its not as bad as im sure you're picturing this in your head. I do recommend this and I will repurchase this but I wish I had known this when I went to use it the first couple of times I went to apply it. So back to my review now that im done with the texture. The Ordinary is an amazing affordable brand which I absolutely stan. I have tried most a handful of products and I have liked and repurchased all that I have tried. This does layer nicely and it never piled on me but I prefer to wear it at night because it just feels to heavy o n my face for my morning routine which consists of a toner and essence then i start layering my niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C and finish with my moisturizer and SPF. Don't forget to wear your SPF! Thanks for sticking around til the end, I hope this helps you and be kind to your skin. Also The Ordinary is clean, vegan and cruelty free The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5% 15ml
Taylor M.
Manitoba
Purchased at: Sephora
Super hydrating. It’s a medium thickish oil but I apply it to the areas I need more hydration/firmness. It’s super affordable and leaves my skin w a pretty glow!
Brooke K.
Voorhees, NJ
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Brooke K.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is an underrated product from the ordinary. This is an antioxidant so it’s great to mix with vitamin C. I use this in the morning after my vitamin C and before my sunscreen. It has a little bit of a funky smell and comes out red but it hasn’t left any staining on me. It’s a great boost for vitamin C and makes your products work even better!
Roxanni  D.
Virginia Bch, VA
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Roxanni  D.
Purchased at: Sephora
Never heard of this until I became obsessed with The ordinary. What I’ve noticed when I used this product at night is that my skin wakes up feeling hydrated, glowing and supple. A little goes a long way, the first time I used too much, but three drops is all I need. I would definitely recommend this to someone who suffers from dull skin.
Domenica R.
Sorisole, BG
The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5% uploaded by Domenica R.
This is a great antioxidant, it feels weird on the skin because is a little sticky and it has a weird smell. I’ve been using this product for a month now and I don’t see drastically results but my skin seems brighter. The Ordinary. Pycnogenol 5%
Emma C.
Roseville
I am a huge, huge skincare JUNKIE. I have used so many skincare products and continue to do so. I'm using hardcore anti-aging topicals, including Tretinoin (6 years,) Vitamin C, Niacinamide and Peptides daily. It takes A LOT to wow me. This is one product that did. This is truly a 'what is this sorcery' "HOLY SH*T" product. Almost immediately, it evened my skin tone and reduced redness. It's also super moisturizing, super gentle and makes me GLOW. People are SLEEPING on this. I will literally never be without this and I PRAY it never gets discontinued. Deciem, I hope you are reading.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Alaina T.
il y a un an
Erika L. il y a 6 mois
I havent tried the The Ordinary's Ascorbyl Glucoside yet but you're right it would make a great antioxidant exlir I'll have to put this on the list to try
GIUSEPPE  A.
il y a 2 ans
Misty F. il y a 2 ans
I love the Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%. It took about 2 weeks but I noticed less breakouts amd my skin looks so hydrated and healthy.