The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid to balance visible aspects of sebum activity.

Contraindications: If topical Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid and/or Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid) is used as part of skincare, it should be applied at alternate times with this formula (ideally Vitamin C in the PM and this formula in the AM). Otherwise, Niacinamide can affect integrity of the Vitamin C.

Notes: While Niacinamide and Zinc PCA reduce the look of blemishes and balance visible sebum activity, neither is a treatment for acne. For persistent acne-related conditions, we recommend the use of Benzoyl Peroxide and/or Retinoic Acid. DECIEM doesn't recommend ongoing use of BHA such as Salicylic Acid for persistent blemishes. For temporary improvement in appearance of blemishes, Salicylic Acid would help. This formulation can be used alongside acne treatments if desired for added visible skin benefits.

Usage: Apply to entire face morning and evening before heavier creams. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

I have had this product for a while but I find it’s making me break out more, is this happening to anyone and any ways to help?
Iss this good for blackheads?
Does this product clear out pores? I’ve been having trouble finding a good product for my nose cheek and chin area
Start your review of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%!
How would you rate this product?
Rebeca A.
Haymarket, VA
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Rebeca A.
Purchased at: ULTA
It’s everything to me! I have all of them, it’s really effective and I’ve been using every day, I can’t do my mornings skin care without it!! [product:the-ordinary-niacinamide-10%-zinc-1]
Melissa B.
Howell, NJ
1,051 reviews
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Melissa B.
Purchased at: ULTA
I picked this serum up at Ulta a few months ago and when I first tried it, I used WAYYYY too much and my skin broke out SO bad. Even in places that I normally don’t break out! That’s what I get for not doing my research! 🤦🏼‍♀️ More is not always better... this past month I’ve been using this serum every day, 2 drops for my entire face at night. When I started my period this month, I added one tiny drop in the morning mixed in with The Buffet and it’s made a WORLD of difference. The maskne and hormonal acne I’ve been suffering through for months since wearing a mask had completely gone away!!! I have tiny blemishes and dark spots that I’ll need to work on correcting, but it’s been SO much better. I definitely recommend this powerhouse serum that helps reduce blemishes and acne. It retails at $5.90 for 1 oz, which is SO affordable.
Celine A.
Glendale, CA
1,112 reviews
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Celine A.
Purchased at: Sephora
PRODUCT: This serum is made up of 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc. The Niacinamide is meant to reduce the appearance of blemishes and congestion. The Zinc is meant to regulate excess sebum activity. This product is suitable for all skin types. MY THOUGHTS: I have acne prone skin so I decided to incorporate Niacinamide into my routine to see how well it regulates break outs. I’ve been using this serum for about 3-4 months now and I LOVE it! I usually get a few blemishes every few weeks but I haven’t had any major break outs (just 2 small ones on my chin) for over a month now. I use this daily at nights and the results have been fantastic so far! It hasn’t irritated or caused my skin to dry. I definitely recommend it. SIDE NOTE: 🌱🐰This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without alcohol, silicone, nuts, gluten, and fragrance.
Kimberly R.
Midland, TX
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Kimberly R.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love the ingredient niacinamide, so I was excited to try this. I guess the 10% is just too strong for my skin (combination/sensitive) I kept getting large cyst acne on my chin, and it lasted way beyond any purge period. I know others who swear by this, so it isn’t a bad product...it’s just too strong for me. Niacinamide is proven very effective at 5%, so I think doubling it is too much for some. I still love the brand, just can’t do this one. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1[product:the-ordinary-niacinamide-10%-zinc-1%-2-oz/-60-ml]
Alia C.
New Orleans, LA
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Alia C.
Purchased at: ULTA
This product works wonders for my skin and wonders for my pocket. In 2 weeks of use my any blemishes are much calmer,my face as a very natural glow and my dark marks are fading.This serum is very concentrated,yet gentle on the skin.
Nicole I.
Bowie, MD
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Nicole I.
I’ve been using it for a month now and let me say CHILEEEEE 😍😍😍 dark spots where?? Omgggg
Solomiya D.
Brooklyn, NY
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Solomiya D.
Purchased at: Sephora
As a skincare lover, I obsess over this product. It transformed my skin completely! It leaves your skin hydrated and glowy. I use it every single day and recommend it to everyone! You can’t go wrong with a niacinamide.
Crystal C.
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Crystal C.
Purchased at: ULTA
Love this product so much! This is my first ordinary product and I already love what it has done for my skin! The consistency is a little sticky, but that’s not a big deal. Overall, I would recommend this!!
Nicole C.
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Nicole C.
Purchased at: Sephora
Another miracle product from The Ordinary! Pat a drop or two of this onto your face after cleansing, toning (the ordinary glycolic acid toner) , and hydrating essence (or the way I usually prefer is to mix a couple drops with a hydrating serum then massage and pat in) then follow with their "buffet" serum mixed in with your favorite moisturizer and you're on the road to beautiful, clear skin. The dropper style components make these really easy to control the amount you use (you never need much) and for mixing with other products, they're all simple formulas that are easy to learn about on their website and what goes best with what and vice versa. You're getting quality products, at incredibly affordable prices, that truly do work! Once I learned the best way to integrate this into my routine, I immediately noticed incredible results! Don't sleep on this brand! (Side note: I recently read that Estee Lauder bought this company and I'm terrified they're going to change things... hope not).
Lydia J.
Sicklerville, NJ
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Lydia J.
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% uploaded by Lydia J.
Purchased at: Sephora
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1 I enjoy this product. It made my skin glow for sure. It meet my expectations and I loved putting it on before my oils that I use. The packaging is simple and I would definitely buy it again!

1,342 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Lauren L.
Belleair Bch, FL
il y a 7 jours
Which The Ordinary product is best for removing acne scars and dark spots?
Susie S. il y a 7 jours
High percentage Vitamin C products do well at fading dark spots, too. Try to pick a product with at least 20% Vitamin C. And be consistent in using. Good luck!