BY THE ORDINARY #24 in Face Serums

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A high-strength vitamin and mineral blemish formula with 10 percent pure niacinamide and one percent zinc PCA. Solutions for:- Oiliness- Pores If you want to know more… Niacinamide (vitamin B3) reduces the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. A high 10 percent concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc PCA to balance visible aspects of sebum activity. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without alcohol, silicone, nuts, gluten, and fragrance. see more...

• When are you supposed to see a drastic change in your cha...6 Answers
  • Has anyone used this with vitamin-c products or derivativ...2 Answers
  • Hi all, just bought this product to add to my beauty rout...4 Answers
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
I originally heard of The Ordinary on Sephora, where the products were briefly carried. The first thing that caught my eye was the price tag, and initially, I ignored this entire line because there’s no way skincare could/should be that inexpensive AND effective. After they were discontinued from Sephora, I saw them again on Beautylish and added this serum to my order on a whim. I’ve been using in consistently for about two months, and I have been totally proven wrong about how affordable skincare can be! I’ve always struggled with my skin. When I was about 13, I had terrible acne, and I saw several dermatologists who prescribed me different diets and medications. Nothing worked. I’m 23 now and my face is still oily, I have large pores, blackheads, and the occasional breakout or two. This serum, in less than a week, started to help my breakouts. A little goes a long way (two much will cause it to pill up on your skin), and I use it every evening after toning and before applying eye cream. I’ve had ONE pimple in the last month and honestly, my stress levels have been out the roof, so I can’t say I blame my skin. I still can’t believe how cheap it is. I’ve never used any products that didn’t make my face worse before it started improving. In conjunction I’m also using their The Ordinary AHA + BHA 2% Peeling Solution, which looked/sounded scary at first, but this is the best combination of skincare for my skin type I’ve ever found. Even if you have different skin concerns, I would recommend looking through the guide on Beautylish to figure out an easy regimen from the Ordinary. I’m working and in college, so this was a lifesaver in more ways than one!
Josie A.
I'm going to start this off by saying that this REALLY cleared up my skin. I've used about a fourth of the bottle so far, which has taken me maybe a month, and I went from constantly having scattered pimples and small scars on my face from picking at them to really having nothing on my face except clear skin. Acne has never been a real issue for me, so I don't know if it would impact acne greatly, but if you're like me and have constant problem areas (hairline, between eyebrows, cheeks) that almost always have some sort of blemish, I would definitely recommend this. I use it in the morning and follow with FAB's Ultra Repair Cream. You can't really put oil on top of it because it will pill, so I get application over with in the morning and at night I keep it simple and just cleanse, tone, and moisturize with The Ordinary's Marula Oil. Overall, this is GREAT and I thank The Ordinary for making this so cheap and effective.  The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 1 oz/ 30 mL
Yasmin D.
Everyone seems to have their holy grails on beauty review websites, and this one is definitely mine. I've never had major acne woes but I do have tiny little blackheads/bumps that get especially aggravated when I exercise a lot. I have been on Differin for a few years with good results, but the addition of the  Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% was really a game changer. My pores are tighter, my skin is smoother, my texture is improved and my blackheads are almost completely gone. To be sure, I don't get the same results without the Differin. It's also a little drying, so I won't use this both night and day unless my skin is very congested. I also want to add that I have never used a Niacinamide/Zinc product prior to The Ordinary's, so I am not sure how this product compares. But I don't care! It's less than a cappuccino in San Francisco and works great!
Gina A.
Glendale
This is my ultimate skincare HOLY GRAIL. I have hormonal acne that likes to pop up around my chin, cheek and forehead when my time of the month comes. After I started using this serum (I use it 5-6 times a week, applied in the morning - two drops for my entire face), I have no random hormonal pimples popping out even during my period (usually I’ll have 1-3 pop up during that time). Additionally, when I had pimples before I started using this or if I have a random pimple pop up (usually happens when I don’t clean my makeup off my face thoroughly enough from the day before or I completely drop the ball and get lazy about applying any of my skincare), I add this to my face over the pimple and I see a reduction in inflammation and even the Whitehead part of the pimple doesn’t pop up and heals significantly faster. I’m almost out of this, definitely going to purchase again!!
Bailee K.
Virginia Beach
I have very mixed feelings about this product because I wanted to love it like everyone else did but was having a lot of issues. I bought this product to lighten up some of my PIH and prevent further acne from occurring. I used this for about 2 months until I realized it was doing absolutely NOTHING for my skin. It was not making my skin worse, but it was not making it better. When I first began using this I noticed I produced A LOT less oil, but I think as a result I broke out a little because my natural oils were not able to come through. I wanted to really love this product, but I think it's more of a hit or miss. If you have some light PIH then give it a go! Its inexpensive enough to try (:
Valerie M.
MY ABSOLUTE HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE PRODUCT!!!

Let me start with - I am a ginger. Pale skin that burns easily and over time has gotten redder and redder. I have suffered from red patches on my skin for so long and have had little to no relief. It is not dryness related, nor is it rosacea, I just have easily irritated/flushed skin, pink patches, and visible veins, etc. This is the first product I have ever used that showed me a visible result after 1 DAY! Fast forward 3 weeks later and my skin is almost to the point that I don't need foundation. On top of this, my acne marks are disappearing if not gone, I have NO NEW ACNE because of the zinc, and my fine lines and wrinkles are diminishing. This product, which is only $5, is the best skin care product of my life.

CAUTION!! Do not use with any acids like BHA or AHA's! Niacinamide in the presence of acids can turn into Niacin which has the opposite effect and irritates and flushes skin. I've have experienced it and it was my own fault for not knowing the ins and outs of my skincare ingredients.
Jennifer A.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
I'm one of the unfortunate few who had a bad reaction to this. I think I must not agree with the high percentage of niacinamide in this formulation, or perhaps the addition of the zinc. This made my face itch and break out in little red bumps that went down pretty much the next day after I stopped using it. I don't think the product itself is bad, I just don't interact well with it.It is a fairly thick, viscous texture that must be applied fast since it dries down pretty quickly. Three drops was sufficient for my whole face. It can leave your skin feeling a bit tight. I also found that I had to apply this right after I cleansed or it would pill over other products. There was no scent.
Gretchen S.
Willowick, OH
I have been using this product for the past two months and am extremely happy with the results I’m seeing. I have oily, acne prone skin and recently added the ordinary to my regimen. I will admit it is difficult to state which products have significantly helped because I added several to my regimen at the same time. I use this product twice daily every day. My morning regimen: cleanse, benzoyl peroxide treatment gel, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 1 oz/ 30 mL followed by Acne.org 16 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone mixed with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL. Since I have added the ordinary products into my regime I truly have seen a dramatic improvement and difference in my skin over the past two months. I have significantly less breakouts and the breakouts I do have clear up much quicker, my residual scars are clearing up and I have become comfortable going out of the house and to work with no makeup on (which I haven’t felt in years!) I highly recommend this product to anyone with acne prone skin.
Christina D.
S Portland, ME
I recently started a new skincare regimen with this, vitamin c, and a retinoid. My skin has never felt smoother or been clearer. I’m on my early 30’s and my skin probably looks the best it ever has as an adult. I never had a lot of acne but my skin tone and texture were always lacking. And I ALWAYS broke out around my monthly cycle. NO LONGER. This combination is working so well for me. I would definitely recommend The Ordinary to anyone looking for inexpensive but effective skincare. Just do your research on the products first. I really feel like this has had a huge impact on old blemishes, my uneven skin tone, and my bumps. Love this stuff.
Dani M.
Orlando, FL
I have been using this product for a little over a month, so my review may change once I am finished with the bottle. I have definitely noticed less oil buildup throughout the day while using this, which makes my makeup look better longer. But like some others who seem to have issues, I have noticed my skin purging around my jawline and forehead/hairline. I'm hoping based on the other reviews that once this annoying period is over, I will see significant improvements where blemishes are concerned. 2-3 drops is really all that's needed. If I personally use more, I notice pilling when I start to add my other products.
Nada A.
Brooklyn, NY
When are you supposed to see a drastic change in your change? when does it start working?
Ali W.
University Cy, MO
Does this ever pile up with other products for anyone else?
Kim B.
Ebro, FL
How long until you started seeing results with this product?
Leah C.
Thunder Bay, ON
Hi all, just bought this product to add to my beauty routine. I suffer with regular blackheads, larger clogged pores, and the occasional whitehead.. also, sometimes I deal with hyperpigmentation. Any suggestions on how exactly to incorporate this into my routine to achieve the best results?
🌻Jodie L.
How do you stop this pilling? Really doesn’t agree with my other skincare products!