The Ordinary. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) are elements that keep the outer layer of the skin protected and well-hydrated. NMF are made up of multiple amino acids, fatty acids, triglycerides, urea, ceramides, phospholipids, glycerin, saccharides, sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid and many other compounds that are naturally present in the skin.

This formula offers non-greasy hydration that acts as a direct topical supplement of impaired NMF components. It contains 11 amino acids, phospholipids, alpha/beta/gamma fatty acids, triglycerides, sterols and sterol esters, glycerin, ceramide precursors, urea, saccharides, sodium PCA and hyaluronic acid. It offers immediate hydration and lasting results with continued use.

Usage: Apply after serums as needed for effective surface hydration. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Is this ok for oily skin?
Does this ever get oily or clog anyone’s pores? Does it effect foundation at all?
does it work on oily skin?
Start your review of The Ordinary. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA!
How would you rate this product?
Kingston, TN
The Ordinary. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA uploaded by My S.
PRICE RANGE: 💲 @deciem The Ordinary NMF + HA . This in my opinion a very thick lotion to cream product that could be beneficial for every skin type. The good/cool thing about this lotion is that is easy to mix with other stuff that are more fluid in consistency so, you might customize your own. . It contains Hyaluronic acid, glycerin, essential amino acids, urea, ceramides, fatty acids, sodium PCA and lipids which are already present in our skin are essential for a healthy skin barrier. With age, we often decrease producing these essential “nutrients” as we used to. This is marketed as your last step in a routine and as a barrier hydrator and protectant. . This product ingredient list is unbelievable perfect for the price. In my personal opinion this product hasn’t caused me breakouts. It’s very thick in consistency so, I mixed it up with the Marine Hyaluronics from The Ordinary to make it less thick but, mixed it 2:1oz and I should’ve mixed it 1:1 because the lotion is still too thick for my liking. Other than that my skin feels like it’s a little too much until absorbed, then it feels fine on the skin. I also mix the NMF with The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% to make it easier to spread on the skin. . Overall, this is a good lotion to try and it might work wonders for you. At least my skin is not as dry as it used to and seems to be balancing out. I also think this could be an excellent sleeping mask for those that like them. BENEFITS: ✅ Excellent list of ingredients. ✅ Fragrance free and we can consider it non-comedogenic. ✅ Contains barrier repairing components that are hard to find in the market together particularly for the price. ✅ Hyaluronic Acid is the list🤩 ✅ Suits every skin type, the key is how much you’re using and/or if you dilute it with a more liquid formula. CONS: ❌ For me, I wish it was less thick. ❌ I can see how oilier skin types won’t like this product when is summer. . 7/10 I would repurchase in the future without thinking it twice. Good product, good price.
Oklahoma City, OK
The Ordinary. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA uploaded by Kort-nee J.
This is my favorite moisturizer to use after using clay masks, The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution or when my skin is feeling a little extra dry. The formula is very thick and creamy, it goes on very smooth but it’s a bit too thick to be worn under makeup. I use this at nighttime only and my skin feels so good the next day. A little goes a long way, a dollop about half the size of a dime is enough to smooth over my whole face and neck. This tube is going to last me forever! The price is amazing for how good this product is, just like all of The Ordinary’s products. If you’ve never tried hyaluronic acid before, this is a good one to start out with. Get this moisturizer! You will not be disappointed!
I finally conquered my acne in my 30's, right around the time the wrinkles started showing, yay! It took me a year of intense trial and error before I found a routine that helped my wrinkles without aggravating my acne, and NMF is a bif part of that. Now, I will say that this is probably the most boring moisturizer on earth, it doesn't do anything fancy, it's certainly not going to knock your socks off. But having tried to replace it with at least a dozen other products, all of which caused breakouts, I now find myself buying in bulk because if the zombie apocalypse happens, I want at least a few more months of happy skin.
Travelers Rest, SC
I may never use another moisturizer. this goes on so easily, and if you use it regularly, you can go down to literally a pea-sized drop or less, so a tube lasts forever. and that tube is already so cost effective (about $8 for the small, $16 for the large)! as someone with oily skin, the only way this makes me shiny is if I accidentally apply too much. the only downside for me is that apparently my neck is sensitive to hyaluronic acid; it made me itch there. but I just use my daily sunscreen as a daytime moisturizer on my neck, and I'm good to go!
Delta, OH
Purchased at: ULTA
Ya'll, this is what my Sahara-dry skin was looking for. I love this stuff. Applying it after serums (like TO's HA) has been like magic. My skin is no longer lacking moisture and flaking. It's not just the immediate effect either, the smoothness and hydration lasts all day (I use this combo in the AM). If you're like me and have been searching for the perfect moisturizer and have been wasting your time and money, look no further. Seriously, pick up this product and TO's Hyaluronic Acid serum and indulge your skin with hydration!
Brevard, NC
This moisturizer is pretty fantastic but when you consider how much it costs and how much you get it is phenomenal! There aren't any bells and whistles here, which is standard for The Ordinary product line and one of the things I really like about it. It moisturizes beautifully it's very affordable and you get a pretty decent amount. You can also combine it with other The Ordinary products to create a custom application targeting your specific skin care concerns. Brilliant! The Ordinary. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
Portage, MI
The Ordinary. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA uploaded by paige P.
Purchased at: Deciem
I use this daily to lock in my serums. So after applying any oil based product I put this over to help my skin absorb the serums and not be so greasy to the touch. On its own it's a decent moisturizer as well. I have very dry skin, especially around my nose, and this does a great job of smoothing rough skin, but being light enough that I can wear it under makeup. Great product, great ingredients and super cheap.
Clarkston, MI
The Ordinary. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA uploaded by Roger L.
Purchased at: Sephora
I’ve been using this near the end of my skincare routine in hopes that it would help the uneven skin tones. It’s been about four months of dedication with my routine and with this moisturizer and it has done such an incredible job. Not only does this product work very well, the cost of it is a fraction of what most other companies will ask in price, for their own product. I would strongly recommend checking this out as well as other products by “The Ordinary”, as they are the real deal at affordable prices.
Chicago , IL
This product is used as a moisturizer at the end of your skincare routine. I would recommend to use this at night more than the day since it is a thick solution. You do not need a lot of this product since it is thicker. It goes into the skin very easily and gets tacky. The HA is hyaluronic acid which can hold 100x its weight in water which is an excellent ingredient for people who have dry skin or even dehydrated skin. This product is very user friendly and is a great staple in your skincare routine.
Beverly Hills, CA
First purchase this from deciem.com in their standard small size but loved it so much that I bought a bigger bottle. Was pregnant earlier in the year and this was pregnant-safe. I have normal to dry skin and this was great for the price point and the results. The product was light and easy to apply, didn’t leave my hands of face feeling greasy and had a great price point. I do use more than a dollop per use but it’s significantly cheaper than other moisturizers that I’ve tried so I didn’t mind at all.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
New Glasgow, NS
a month ago
My S. • 14 days ago
I think this will potentially help eczema since it contains urea and that’s a super ingredient to soothe eczema.
Dallas, TX
3 months ago
Is The Ordinary. Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA a good moisturizer for oily skin?
joyce Y. • 3 months ago
This has been working great for my oily skin right now because the weather is getting colder. It provides the right amount of hydration for me and I don't wake up feeling like an oil slick.