BeautyFaceFacial SkincareThe Ordinary
The Ordinary Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%

The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%

by The Ordinary

Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant, brightens the skin tone and reduces signs of aging. In its pure form, Vitamin C is unstable in water. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) is a water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C. It is more stable in water but it is less potent than direct L-Ascorbic Acid. It is compatible with water but higher concentrations cannot be offered in a low-viscosity serum format and requires emulsification to form a cream. This formula is a light cream that offers 10% pure MAP (very high solubilized concentration). Aside from the general benefits of pure Vitamin C, MAP has been shown to offer specific skin brightening benefits, more so than other derivatives of Vitamin C. (Note: some brands offer "powder" formulations that offer up to 15% MAP. Such powders would offer less direct availability of MAP as compared to an emulsion such as this formula which has solubilized the complete 10% concentration of MAP. It is extremely difficult to solubilize higher concentrations of MAP in non-powder formulations.)

Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience. We have developed a guide that offers guidance on the formulations of Vitamin C offered under The Ordinary range. It also offers education on Vitamin C itself and on the differences between formulations of Vitamin C at large.

Usage: Apply a small amount of this cream formula to face AM and PM, after application of water-based serums. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Coco Caprylate/caprate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Coconut Alkanes, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglycerol-3 Polyricinoleate, Glycerin, Hexamethyldisiloxane, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

I Am trying to get this product from ulta and Sephora from last month but I always see out of stock everywhere. Can anyone suggest something similar?
I’m torn in between this , alpha Arbutin 2%+HA and ascorbic acid 8%+ alpha arbutin 2%. I’m new to vitamin C and my skin is combination. Any help ?
Can I put The Ordinary’s Magnesium ascorbyl phosphat underneath my eyes? I have awful eye bags and I want to pair it alongside the Caffeine Solution for maximum effects.
Start your review of The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%!
How would you rate this product?
Zoe  S.
Meriden, NH
The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% uploaded by Zoe  S.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love this mask. I use it about once a week as an exfoliating mask and it has helped so much with my pores and acne! I will definitely repurchase and $12 is a steal. You can easily get 6+ masks out of each bottle.The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque 50Ml #SkincareIsSelfcare
Gabriela P.
Schaumburg
The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% uploaded by Gabriela P.
The Ordinary I love this brand I love all the products! This one help me with my scars
Claudia B.
Bladensburg, MD
The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% uploaded by Claudia B.
Purchased at: ULTA
It is a derivative of vitamin C the most stable and does not irritate your skin, it is quite moisturizing leaves my skin very soft and seen improvements has a slightly strange smell that for those who are sensitive to odors I do not think they like it, but it is very good I recommend product
Alejandra G.
San Diego, CA
Me a ayudado mucho para unificar mi tono de piel por las mañanas al complementario con alpha arbutin 2% HA y niacinamide 10% +zinc 1%. Tip: usar una pequeña cantidad y distribuirla bien por todo el rostro ya que en exceso se empieza a desprender de la piel.
Chelsea S.
Tyler
The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% uploaded by Chelsea S.
I haven’t noticed any vitamin C benefits, but this is just an excellent morning moisturizer. It’s so smooth and moisturizing and provides a great base for adding makeup. No added fragrance and very affordable! [product:the-ordinary.-magnesium-ascorbyl-phosphate-10%]
Kristin C.
Ham Lake
I use all of there products. The price and quality are very important to me. Can't say enough good things about the product line.
Franxeen R.
Roanoke, TX
Big fan of The Ordinary, here. I don’t know how they keep their prices low but their products each contain important state of the art skincare active. I give their website an A+ because they describe the science behind the need for each skincare active.
Crystal M.
SEATTLE, WA
Funny little story.. I have so many products from this brand, that I sometimes forget what they are for. In a recent attempt to identify what I have, I started looking them up and using a sharpie to write what they are for on the bottles. That’s when I realized that I had been absent mindedly using this product as a hand cream instead of brightening face cream! HA! Welp... needless to say, my hands look dark-spot free! I guess that was a bit of a splurge that I normally wouldn’t have spent on my hands, but now I know It works :)
Jacoy G.
Las Vegas, NV
THIS IS NOT THE PRODUCT IVE USED. The product I’ve used is The Ordinary’s HA moisturizer. This stuff has done absolute wonders for my acne and my skin!!! I would recommend to anyone! Super affordable!
Roben C.
This is a great moisturizing hydrating skincare item. I really love that I feel like I am using a skincare item that benefits and improves my skin and is affordable. It applies nicely and absorbs quickly. I feel like it is comparable with any primer and I have not found it to pill under makeup which can happen with some products.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...