The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%

by The Ordinary

Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant, brightens the skin tone and reduces signs of aging. In its pure form, Vitamin C is unstable in water. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) is a water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C. It is more stable in water but it is less potent than direct L-Ascorbic Acid. It is compatible with water but higher concentrations cannot be offered in a low-viscosity serum format and requires emulsification to form a cream. This formula is a light cream that offers 10% pure MAP (very high solubilized concentration). Aside from the general benefits of pure Vitamin C, MAP has been shown to offer specific skin brightening benefits, more so than other derivatives of Vitamin C. (Note: some brands offer "powder" formulations that offer up to 15% MAP. Such powders would offer less direct availability of MAP as compared to an emulsion such as this formula which has solubilized the complete 10% concentration of MAP. It is extremely difficult to solubilize higher concentrations of MAP in non-powder formulations.)

Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience. We have developed a guide that offers guidance on the formulations of Vitamin C offered under The Ordinary range. It also offers education on Vitamin C itself and on the differences between formulations of Vitamin C at large.

Usage: Apply a small amount of this cream formula to face AM and PM, after application of water-based serums. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Coco Caprylate/caprate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Coconut Alkanes, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglycerol-3 Polyricinoleate, Glycerin, Hexamethyldisiloxane, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Will this irritate sensitive skin?
How do you think this compares to their other products? Better? Worse? The same? I’d love to hear about your experience using it!
Has anyone had success using this to brighten up PIH??
Start your review of The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%!
How would you rate this product?
a month agoBladensburg, MD
The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% uploaded by Claudia B.
Purchased at: ULTA
It is a derivative of vitamin C the most stable and does not irritate your skin, it is quite moisturizing leaves my skin very soft and seen improvements has a slightly strange smell that for those who are sensitive to odors I do not think they like it, but it is very good I recommend product
7 days agoSan Diego , CA
Me a ayudado mucho para unificar mi tono de piel por las mañanas al complementario con alpha arbutin 2% HA y niacinamide 10% +zinc 1%. Tip: usar una pequeña cantidad y distribuirla bien por todo el rostro ya que en exceso se empieza a desprender de la piel.
2 months agoWhite Bear Lk, MN
This is my new holy grail moisturizer. I have cystic, hormonal acne that tends to leave red hyperpigmentation. After using this for about a month, I have noticed that my skin looks brighter, clearer, and the scars have lightened. This also works really well under makeup.
10 months ago
I decided to try this because I wanted to incorporate vitamin C to my skin care routine, but I wanted to start with something very gentle. I have very sensitive skin and this didn't irritate my skin at all. It feels really moisturizing without feeling oily. It leaves your skin with a subtle glow. I've been using this for a month now and I do notice my skin complexion more even.
5 months agoFountain, CO
I LOVE this product. It applies smoothly and evenly, I make sure to push the product into my skin in an upward motion to ensure ultimate absorbtion. The product smells slightly weird, but it fades in seconds. This product has made my face so soft and supple and I have noticed an increase in brightness and in previous dark spots. I've been taking retin-a for about a month now and use that at night and this in the a.m. Definitely recommend
4 months ago
This moisturizer is an all around good one. It came in a pack with two face serums and I instantly liked it. I'm not sure if there is anything special about it, but it just felt like a simple, no fuss moisturizer. There is practically no smell, it sinks in and does what it needs to.
7 months agoMedina, OH
I love this as a moisturizer and primer on my skin. It’s great if you have dry skin. It’s lightweight and very I. Expensive. A little goes a far away and the packaging is cute and simple. If you’re looking for a good daily moisturizer I recommend it
7 months ago2600 tropical point apt 1335
The Ordinary. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% uploaded by rachel O.
People complain about flakiness. I didnt expeeience that because i either mix it with my moisturizer or apply right after my moisturizer. In all i wont be buying again
3 months ago
This is a great moisturizing hydrating skincare item. I really love that I feel like I am using a skincare item that benefits and improves my skin and is affordable. It applies nicely and absorbs quickly. I feel like it is comparable with any primer and I have not found it to pill under makeup which can happen with some products.
a year agoNew York, NY
Purchased at: Deciem
I have fairly sensitive skin but I’m happy to say that using this did not break me out/give me an allergic reaction! This brightening solution is a kind of creamy lotiony texture, which I like because it’s less messy compared to those oil drop serum things. It’s a fairly small bottle but overall cheap considering it’s less than $10! So far so good, but I haven’t seen any crazy change in my complexion.