The Ordinary. High-Adherence Silicone Primer

by The Ordinary

This formula uses advanced adaptive silicones to act as a matte, hydrating, blurring primer for makeup that looks higher in definition and adheres for longer. The formula can also be used alone as a non-greasy hydrator that reduces the looks of pores and of imperfections.

Usage: Use as the last step in skincare regimen either on its own or as a makeup primer. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Hexamethyldisiloxane, Isoceteth-20, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 60, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Is this primer a satin finish ?
Does this work well for dry skin?
Does this formula fill in your pores?
Start your review of The Ordinary. High-Adherence Silicone Primer!
How would you rate this product?
Reston, VA
The Ordinary. High-Adherence Silicone Primer uploaded by Sarah R.
The Ordinary. High-Adherence Silicone Primer uploaded by Sarah R.
I went a little crazy and bought a bunch of products from The Ordinary line and this is the first one I have tried. I have been on the hunt for a good primer that will keep my makeup in place for the entire day. I use a combination of another primer (No Pore Blem Primer) and this one on top and I find that it works wonders. It goes on so smoothly and the smell, while not the best, it's not horrible and disappears quickly. I also find that it helps keep my makeup in place a lot longer than previous primers. For the price, I will definitely be adding this into my daily makeup routine.
Phoenix, AZ
The Ordinary. High-Adherence Silicone Primer uploaded by Jennifer K.
This is a pretty good primer. Not my favorite but for the price, it's good. It's silicone based, which I prefer. It definitely leaves a smoother surface to apply makeup. I didnt notice any blurring. I like this one better then their other primer. #theordinary #primer
Kershaw, SC
Perhaps it's just my skin and how I react to products but I purchased this primer on recommendation from a fellow beauty lover. My first impression was "wow, this is sticky" which isn't always a bad thing but in this case, it was. I found it really difficult to blend out my foundation and other products when using this primer, and I suppose that's what you get for something claiming high adherence. Even so, I felt like it just took too much extra effort to make it work and at the end of the day, it irritated my skin so bad that I had breakouts popping up everywhere. No cool.
Brooklyn, NY
The Ordinary. High-Adherence Silicone Primer uploaded by Monique F.
I started using this primer about 6 months ago when I started a whole new skincare routine. The consistency of this product is like a nice cream but when you rub it in you can definitely tell it has silicone in it. I have to say, I’ve been searching for a prefect primer for years now and I didn’t expect much from this little inexpensive thing but it blew me away. It didn’t cause breakouts and I really like how it looks under my Fenty foundation. People walk up to me all the time to comment on how good my skin/makeup looks and I think this primer does a lot to give me a smooth foundation for the rest of my makeup. For the price and the effectiveness, I can’t ask for more.
Elk Grove, CA
I’m not a fan of full coverage foundation because it looks really cakey on my skin but I do use it to cover up scars and blend it into the rest of the face. So I use the primer to help it sit nice on my face and this primer leaves like a nice texture on my skin for the foundation to settle on. It has like a sorta sticky like texture which I guess is the silicone in it. I usually use it with a liquid primer just to make sure my make up stays for sure.
Las Vegas, NV
I honestly can't say enough things about the ordinary. Let's break it down who needs this and why. 1st the price is unbeatable, I am so shocked how something so amazing and life changing is so extremely inexpensive. 2nd you will see the difference in you skin almost instantly. I have dry combination skin, I don't break out that much, and have random dry patches. So for me this came extremely in handy.
Boulder City, NV
I honestly do like this primer BUT there are definitely better out there. If you’re looking for a primer that leaves that nice smooth silicone feel on the skin and fills pores you will probably love this plus it’s really inexpensive!! A little goes a long way and it’s pretty moisturizing (I have oily skin and I still liked this) definitely give this a try if you’re looking for an inexpensive primer
Westminster
I am a really big fan of this primer. It has a thick, creamy consistency which I love. I’m also a big fan of silicone primers as I see a bigger improvement in filling my large pores. This is a great dupe for some very high end primers. With this price point, you have nothing to lose in trying it! A little goes a long way, and it lasted me a solid two months even though the packaging is small.
Franklin, KY
This is a keeper!!! It’s great for full face priming before makeup. I do have a few small places on my cheeks, either side of my nose, where the pores are larger and this doesn’t quite do the trick there. (Thus the 4 stars rating) But overall this is the best primer for keeping makeup where it’s supposed to be, not drying out my skin, but still lets the glow shine through.
Portland, OR
This primer is incredible! Typically I use benefits porefessional primer but have been slowly introducing The Ordinary products into my life and had to give this a go. At the price point of $5 it really can't be beat. A little goes a long way and I'm always impressed by how little it takes. Blends easily, holds on to my foundation beautifully and feels fantastic.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Lexington, KY
2 months ago
What is your favorite or most recommended The Ordinary product for someone with dry, reddish skin?
Crystal D. • 20 days ago
The buffet+copper peptides has been amazing for me and the Retinoid 5% squalane topped with the rose hip oil is my nightly routine. I have dry aging skin, but get compliments on it all the time now. :)