Skin CareFacial SkincareFace SerumsThe Ordinary
Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml

The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml

by The Ordinary

This water-free solution contains a 2% concentration of an advanced retinoid active complex called Granactive Retinoid that has been shown to offer better results against multiple signs of aging than retinol without any of the irritation and drawbacks common with retinol. Granactive Retinoid, an active technology from Grant Industries, is a solubilized system of Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, a highly-advanced form of retinoid which is, in fact, a non-prescription ester of all-trans direct retinoic acid that offers a multi-fold better effect against signs of aging than retinol, retinyl palmitate and nearly all other forms of non-prescription retinoid.

This product uses next-generation retinoid active technologies which have been shown to achieve better reduction in signs of aging than retinol without irritation. These technologies cannot be compared directly with retinol itself in terms of concentration because they include a different retinoid molecule, in a similar way that Retinol cannot be compared with Retinoic Acid in terms of concentration. If you have interest in a retinol product, please refer to our Retinol portfolio above which products contain pure retinol and cost less since many retinol technologies cost less than their next-generation counterparts like Granactive Retinoid.

Caution: Retinoids can make the skin more sensitive to UV radiation. Sun protection is particularly important when using retinoids. This product must not be used in conjunction with other retinoids including retinol or retinoic acid. This product is not a treatment for acne. Acne-prone skin may experience a temporary increase in acne during the first few weeks of using any form of retinoid including those used in this formulation.

Note: When pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid any skincare products containing retinoids such as formulations with Granactive Retinoid or Retinol.

Usage: Apply a small amount to face in the PM as part of your skincare regimen, after water-based serums but before heavier treatments. Do not use with other retinoid treatments. Avoid unprotected solar exposure. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Squalane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bisabolol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

my skin seems to be purging with this product, does anyone know why or how long this will last?
Has anyone used this long term? Has your skin changed in any way?
Start your review of The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml!
How would you rate this product?
Nouchine M.
Was ok but I did not see incredible results so I’m not sure if it really worked on me (I used it in combination with other products so hard to say). This is oily so I recommend using it at night and it may make your skin rare if it’s sensitive
khloe L.
Good product really good it’s really awesome I really love this product I definitely recommend this product it’s soooooo good
Ghofrane S.
Borsbeek
In the beginning my skin had to adapt to the product so I got a few bumps but after slowly using it more and more, it showed its results and now I have a fair, glowy skin.
tina P.
Rhodes, Dodekanese
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by tina P.
🌛InRetinoidsWeTrust. Retinoids are alternatives to retinol/Retin-A, claimed to cause no irritation, unlike their high-strength counterpart. Containing 0.2% of the active ingredient hydroxypinacolone retinoate (hpr), this product is one of the few silicone-free #retinoids in the #skincareindustry and, probably, the most affordable of all. The term "granactive retinoid" refers to the delivery system for the hpr, which includes the solvent dimethyl isosorbite in a 10:1 ratio to the hpr. 🌗SqualaneBase. Due to its squalane base, it has a light oily texture, almost scentless and easily absorbed by skin, it is transparent, with a yellowish tint that is not visible on skin and the packaging is practical and dark to maintain the stability of the product for at least 12 months. 🌒Sensitive skin From my standpoint, if your skin is sensitive to retinols, then this is a moderate-strength alternative treatment that could replace #retinol to a certain extent, combating signs of #aging after a few weeks. In my case, it helped with some fine lines, especially around the eye area, and reduced rough texture without causing any irritations. 🌙Would I repurchase? Definitely yes! By far, one of the most wonderful products by The Ordinary...
Dominique B.
Chicago Hts, IL
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Dominique B.
The Ordinary's Retinol 2% in Squalane is an interesting Retinol/Retinoid.Its water, nut, alcohol, gluten, and silicone-free. As well as vegan, but it does contain oil.(Jojoba Seed Oil) As someone with combination skin, I was a little apprehensive of using this product. But I gave it a shot anyway, and it did not irritate,cause any flare-ups or breakouts with my skin.The 0.2 is great for those who are new to retinol.With the lower percent, you may not experience high levels of irritation,or peeling.I applied this at night after my water-based serums, and it absorbs pretty well. It is a liquid serum, so you do not have to use a lot of product. One or two drops is good enough. After using this product for about 2 months,I did see differences with my hyperpigmentation scars. I would suggest this product if you have no problems with trying something with oil in it. If this is an issue for you, then I suggest you go with one of The Ordinary's other products. But for those who are comfortable, this is a pretty affordable but potent product. The price one is perfect if you are in the market for a new Retinol serum. (SN:I cannot find the tag for this EXACT one..sorry ) Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml
Sheri P.
Beaufort, SC
1,481 reviews
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Sheri P.
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Sheri P.
Purchased at: Amazon
I am completely in love with this product. I find that it is the perfect way to dip your feet into using retinol without the extreme harshness. The Ordinary is a great company that is extremely well priced and has individual products that fit your direct needs. And using this product for over two weeks I had found that my fine lines on my forehead are gone. I'm 54 years old and this is an undoctored photograph. I'm absolutely thrilled. I've used it three times a week without any stinging or burning. I do make sure to use my 50 SPF in the mornings, which I do anyways, but I make sure to be religious about it. I can't recommend this product enough. Not to mention that the price point is phenomenal.
A R.
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by A R.
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by A R.
Love this skin care line- it’s my go to for all good things. I have not had any issues with any of their retinoids. Just follow directs and don’t mix with conflicting products. Beautiful skin! [product:the-ordinary-granactive-retinoid-2%-in-squalane-30ml]
Brandy S.
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Brandy S.
Purchased at: ULTA
Affordable and worth the money to add to skin care routine. Helpful for fine lines and preventative
Kris L.
Derry, NH
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Kris L.
This is the best retinoid that’s extremely affordable. I like using this at night, after moisturizer, I squeeze a few drops of this on my face and massage it in. It helps with fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven texture. Love this bottle and I would highly recommend this!
Shamira B.
Minneapolis, MN
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Shamira B.
Amazing great productor if you have hyperpigmentation in some areas, usually wear it at night. But before buy it do your research on the web site so you will know what you need, and how/when/with use it.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...