Skin CareFacial SkincareToners & AstringentsThe Ordinary
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Glycolic Acid is an alpha hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin. This 7% toning solution offers mild exfoliation for improved skin radiance and visible clarity. The formula also improves the appearance of skin texture with continued use.

This formula contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use. This derivative is of plant origin and varies in colour seasonally and this colour variation may be apparent in the formula from time to time. The formula is further supported with inclusion of ginseng root and aloe vera for both visible radiance and soothing benefits.

Contraindications: This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.

This pH of this formula is approximately 3.6. Glycolic Acid has a pKa of 3.6 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation. Higher pH numbers in such a case would increase salt which counter-intuitively would make the formula even more irritating than if the formula was more acidic.

Note: While exfoliating acids can result in quick visible benefits, we generally suggest indirect forms of skin exfoliation in favour of direct forms such as this formula due to potential inflammation and sensitivity associated with acids. Please refer to NIOD's Non-Acid Acid Precursor for such a reference.

Usage: Use ideally in the PM, no more frequently than once per day. After cleaning, saturate a cotton pad with the formula and sweep across face and neck. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes. Do not rinse off. Continue with additional skin treatments as needed. Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

(Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.)

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

How do you guys use Toners? I use cotton pads but I heard they aren't that useful and some people just use their hands to put toner on? I feel like cotton pads absorbe too much and dry out fast. The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Does anyone else kind of feel likevThe Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution is good but wayy to rough? I used this but honestly don't notice any scar fading and I'm half way through a whole bottle and my acne just returns.
What step during your skincare routine would you use this?
Start your review of The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution!
How would you rate this product?
Victoria , BC
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Jillian H.
OMG. This product you guys. Is wonderful. For very sensitive skin I do not recommend o the face...instead use it on your armpits...yes armpits. I saw on a review to do that and oh my it does wonders. Also for non sensitive skin. You can use o your face. I have one for my body and one for my face, use it one a week as it does exfoliate. 5/5 recommend. Price is FANTASTIC
Toronto, ON
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Allie B.
Purchased at: Well.ca
I was very worried this would cause irritation to my sensitive skin, so was happily surprised I had none! The price point can’t be beat and makes skin feel super clean and fresh ready for next step in nighttime cleaning regime. As you can see this bottle almost entirely used up but I liked it so much (lasted a long time) my next supposed to be arriving tomorrow!
Barrie, Ontario
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Maya H.
I really love this toner. It gently exfoliates my skin to get rid of any build-up dirt and dead skin. It's an amazing price for this product! This toner also makes my skin feel super soft after. By using this product I have also skin an improvement in my ance. Overall, I really love this toner and would repurchase and recommend it!
Markham, ON
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Cherie C.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is the cheapest toner I’ve ever purchased and it is one of the best ones! I’m so glad I decided to try this. I have been using it once a day for a month and can definitely feel my skin texture improving. It feels great on my skin and makes my skin look radiant and luminous!
Winnipeg, CA
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Dani T.
This stuff for me personally is magic in a bottle. I use it in my night routine with my serum and moisturizer. It evens out my skin tone so much. After just 1 - 2 times using it i saw a difference. Even if you use it Daily it lasts a long time so for that price its just perfect. I also have sensitive skin and was worried but it never broke me out or irritated my skin.
Windsor , ON
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Mayra O.
Purchased at: Sephora
I have been using this magic potion for two weeks and I can say that I have never had a clearer skin before ! I use it every day sometimes at the AM and pm and I glow ! [product:the-ordinary-glycolic-acid-7%-toning-solution]
Toronto, ON
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Joanne S.
Purchased at: Sephora
I needed a toner (never used one before) and decided to try [product:the-ordinary-glycolic-acid-7%-toning-solution]! I’m honestly wowed by how well it works and how much brighter and cleaner my face looks. It’s an amazing price so you can go wrong!
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Rach L.
For my skin type - dry skin Feels really harsh Love the packaging, you could take it on a trip & would not leak.
North Bay, ON
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Sheila M.
First of all- absolutely love the packaging of all ordinary products- so minimal and sleek. I haven’t used this toner too too much so I cannot say if I love it but definitely like it so far. My skin was a tiny bit irritated/stung when I first put it on because of an open acne spot but we will see how well it works in the long run!
Dartmouth, NS
The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution uploaded by Toni N.
Purchased at: Sephora
This toner is absolutely amazinnggg when used correctly! I was told to be careful with my first time applying as I was new to chemical exfoliants, super grateful I had some prior knowledge to this product already but make sure you don’t overuse it! I use this every other night, sometimes only once a week if I’m not having any breakouts. For the price range and effectiveness, I would certainly recommend this product just be sure to have knowledge on combining products and be safe 💕

905 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a un jour
Christie B. il y a 14 heures
It definitely burns. I have pretty tough skin but even I couldn’t use this every day.
Chattanooga, TN
il y a 7 jours
Sno W. il y a 7 jours
To be truthfully honest I really do love both of these toners!! I have used the Pixie for around two years now and absolutely love it!! However I recently learned about the Ordinary line and am just loving it! So the comparison for these two are just too good for me to decide!!! So I will continue to switch between the two toners being as they work amazing on my sensitive skin and make me glow!!