BY THE ORDINARY

Samaria L.
Tempe
I really like this foundation. It leaves my skin feeling dewy and hydrated and doesn’t look caked on at all. Has great build-ability as well. The only downfall for me is that I am in between shades. I end up mixing this with another tinted moisturizer I have and works perfectly.
nefertiti H.
Kingsland, GA
The coverage you get with this foundation is PHENOMENAL! I have very oily skin in the t-zone and sweat above my mouth, but my foundation didn’t move one bit throughout a full day of work! The only reason I can’t give this a full 5 star rating is because this shade is reaaally red- I have to offset the redness with a more neutral setting powder. Other than that, it’s one of my all time favorite foundations right next to their serum foundation!
ashley g.
this is cheap and it's clear why this foundation was running off my face before I could even begin to set it. if you don't care about long lasting then this could for you
kat f.
Philadelphia, PA
I recently purchased this brand foundation after reading the reviews. I enjoyed the pigment and formula. My foundation stayed flawless even after yoga!
Yulonda S.
Denham Spgs, LA
This foundation impressed with it's quality especially considering the price point. I have use this personally and professionally
Myzz F.
Wallington, SURREY
It’s no secret I love The Ordinary! Their skincare range is amazing at cheap prices: a combo I always love! The skincare giant released Colours by The Ordinary (I think late last year) and it quickly went viral too and soon it was sold out with stellar reviews were coming in. I only purchased the foundation this year, mainly because I didn’t really need a new foundation but also I couldn’t be bothered to join a waitlist for it.The High Coverage foundation is one of the foundation offerings from the brand. This one provides full coverage with a higher conc of pigment plus a semi-matte finish. Skin looks smoother, stays on longer and resists settling into fine lines.As always with the challenge, I have been wearing the foundation all month and for May I really tested the claims of this out! It’s not the biggest shade range, you get 21 shades with different undertones. I have yellow/golden undertones however the shade that offered this would be too light so I opted for the 3.2 shade which has red undertones. I was worried about this, but after watching tons of videos it looked like it wasn’t that red.The High Coverage foundation is lightweight and does leave the skin looking smoother! It does have a semi-matte/ satin finish. The red undertone is really subtle infact I didn’t notice a huge difference compared to my yellow/golden foundations! Thank God it doesn’t oxidise too! In terms of performance, its top of the range and I am actually very impressed by it! The staying power on this £5.90 foundation is amazing! It does extremely well in heat and wears very well as time goes on! It’s also one of the foundations I have noticed that takes a while to separate around my smile lines! This pairs well with a few primers I have tested it out with: Makeup Revolution Primer and L’Oréal Mattifying Primer (if you love a matte finish, pair this foundation with a matte primer and you will love the results! I paired it with the L’Oréal primer and it gave an extremely matte finish which I didn’t like (I don’t like matte finishes but if that’s your thing go for it)I have also mixed the High coverage foundation with a few liquid illuminators (see which ones on my instapage ) and a few times with an illuminator and beauty oil for the ultimate dewy/glowy finish- it pairs and works so beautifully with these products without falling short. Of course it means the coverage is ‘sheer’ compared to its normal coverage. Or more like a medium coverage. It doesn’t look cakey on however I have realised if I use a full pump or 2 it can look cakey. I think it’s because it’s a high conc of pigment, this is very reminiscent of the NARS all Day Weightless Luminous. Is it transfer proof? No but so is all my other foundations.
Christine D.
I thought it looked dry on the face. This made my face look cakey. Like after a few hours my face would feel stale. Also, the shade was too red for me. It seemed like I was trying to pull off black face. Then, again I’m difficult to match.
Natoya E.
Mission , BC
I was skeptical to say the least in regards to trying foundation that was so "cheap". But I was pleasantly surprised to find. This actually works so WELL! The coverage is amazing and matches my skin perfectly! why buy expensive foundation again?
Joy K.
Great shade and appropriate for deep skin. Goes on great and has great coverage. For a lighter person, it’s great for a ruddy contour