The Ordinary "Buffet"

BY THE ORDINARY #32 in Serums

This formula combines a comprehensive array of studied technologies to target multiple signs of ageing at once. The technologies are Matrixyl 3,000 peptide complex (with palmitoyl-pentapeptide 35), Matrixyl Synthe'6 peptide complex (with palmitoyl tripeptide-38), Syn-Ake peptide complex (with dipeptide diaminobutyroyl benzylamide diacetate), Relistase peptide complex (with acetylarginyltryptophyl diphenylglycine), Argirelox peptide complex (with acetyl hexapeptide-8, pentapeptide-18), Probiotic complex (with lactococcus lactis lysate), in a base of 11 skin-friendly amino acids and multiple hyaluronic acid complexes. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 25.1%.

The Ordinary
The Ordinary "Buffet"
Elizabeth B.
W Hollywood, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
So this isn’t an ordinary Buffet with a salad and pasta bar, this is a buffet mecca with lobster tails, fondue, and kobe beef.
$15 for a serum that’s packed with peptides, matrixyl, and a bunch of anti-aging goodies for the skin, I was skeptical at first. So skeptical. could it live up to the 3 serums I’ve been using that all cost atleast 5-10x as much? Ummmm yes it can, yes it can!
I ordered this from the Deciem website and within a week it was here, which is super fast during prime holiday shopping. I immediately put just a few drops on my hands and smooshed it into my pores. This stuff soaks up quick and your skin will thank you. I had no breakouts (and my skin breaks out from a lot ). Within a week i think i’ve really seen it kick in, it’s a great product for the price and filled with tons of skin nutrients and no fillers or “makes my skin look good just while using it” ingredients.
Loved it so much I went out and bought half of the rest of their line just to see what other incredible gems they have. My other fave from them is the niacinamide serum (hint hint)
Jordie M.
Claremont, NH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Awesome cruelty free and inexpensive brand. This was one of the more expensive serums they put out. Claiming to be a fix all to most major skin problem that people try to correct. I find that it may not be that fantastic on its own, but when used in conjunction with other serums it worked fantastically. I love to use this all over my face as part of my daily skincare routine. I have loved the softness and change in texture I have noticed since using this product along with other serums in my routine. I have started to notice that the fine lines and dark circles are diminishing as well. But I do not think I can attribute it solely to this product.
Tamara F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This peptide serum is worth every single penny. It isn’t expensive and I noticed that my skin looked and felt healthier after a couple of weeks of use. It works best for me in my night time routine before my moisturizer. It can feel a little sticky at first but melts right into the skin upon application. I have noticed more of a glow and even tone to my skin but that could be due to other products I’m using in conjunction with this. Definitely try The Ordinary Skincare My DECIEM: you won’t regret it! Just be picky when choosing your products. Just because they are inexpensive, doesn’t mean you need to purchase them all.
Britt M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this product! I was reading about how peptide serums are great for anti-aging, but unfortunately many were out of my price range. I searched The Ordinary site and of course they had something right up my alley! This is a very lightweight serum I put on at night, and since using it my skin has been super soft and more even toned than ever before, I'm amazed. I have quite a bit of redness in my face and that's subsided quite a bit, the texture of my skin and the few fine wrinkles I have are smooth now, my post acne marks are fading, and my skin feels super hydrated and supple. I'm amazed at the change it's had on my skin and I'm so glad I purchased this serum!
Elena N.
Weehawken , NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Pretty moisturizer, the packaging reminds to a lab product which is good , I’m using this product since 1 month before my daily cream , like I said is moisturizer, after then this so far I didn’t see any miracle or clear improvement on my skin otherwise I like so much the brand and I have so many product better then this .
Angelina C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
A great addition to a skincare regime. I have acne-prone skin and, although it didn't break me out, it added a bit too much moisture. I feel like this would better suit my skin during the winter time. Otherwise, I can see this working for those with normal to dry skin.
Brittany W.
Independence, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I heard about this brand a few weeks ago and knew I had to try it. The Buffet is one of their more expensive items, however, it's under $20. It's amazing. I'm in my 30s and I need something that really helps to reduce signs of aging, and keeps my skin bright, smooth, and fresh. I went from dry and flaking with prominent lines on my forehead, to looking supple, glowy, and I swear my wrinkle lines are less pronounced. Highly recommend this product and all of The Ordinary's line. So good!
Alisha B.
Simpsonville , SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I liked this product, but compared to good genes I wasn't super impressed. I expected more since those products are compared to each other. I would use this again but I wasn't sure what it did to my skin, besides keep it hydrated.
Emily N.
Brighton, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is often sold out, so it can be hard to get your hands on, but it is worth the wait. You won't find a peptide serum with such a high concentration of active ingredients for this price from any other brand. Unlike other serums form the ordinary, this formula doesn't dry sticky and sits very well under makeup.
Victoria A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have quite a few different products and I love them. This brand is amazing for skin care and it does a great job. Proving that skincare should not be expensive. I would recommend it to add to your skincare regime.
Kathy V.
Glendale, CA
What do you all think of this product? Is it really a complete all around serum or should I combine it with something else?
Brittney E.
Salida, CA
Is anyone else using The Ordinary "Buffet"?
Aarohi B.
Bradford, ON
Is this serum good for dry, flaky, sensitive and acne prone skin? And does it help with skin texture and acne scars? thank you !
Darienne K.
Victoria, BC
How good is this for dry skin? It sounds amazing!
Aizada Z.
Livingston, TX
Do you see any changes in your skin? Is it just moisturizing serum?Im 23, kind of on the fence of purchasing.....