The Ordinary "Buffet"

BY THE ORDINARY #8 in Face Serums

This formula combines a comprehensive array of studied technologies to target multiple signs of ageing at once. The technologies are Matrixyl 3,000 peptide complex (with palmitoyl-pentapeptide 35), Matrixyl Synthe'6 peptide complex (with palmitoyl tripeptide-38), Syn-Ake peptide complex (with dipeptide diaminobutyroyl benzylamide diacetate), Relistase peptide complex (with acetylarginyltryptophyl diphenylglycine), Argirelox peptide complex (with acetyl hexapeptide-8, pentapeptide-18), Probiotic complex (with lactococcus lactis lysate), in a base of 11 skin-friendly amino acids and multiple hyaluronic acid complexes. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 25.1%.

• Is this good for acne prone skin?2 Answers
  • combo to oily girls: did you realize any changes regarding the oi...2 Answers
  • What do you all think of this product? Is it really a complete al...7 Answers
The Ordinary
The Ordinary "Buffet"
Denise H.
Wilmington , NC
I am so happy I found this serum! Over the past few months I’ve experimented with different brands of serums to try and find my “holy grail” product, but I quickly learned that some of my favorites were very extremely expensive for a full size bottle. Then I found out about this brand and loved that “Buffet” contains an array of different goodies for the skin and its very affordable! You get 30ml for around $14.80 and it should last a long time being that you really only need a few drops!
I have mainly been using this at night before moisturizing and pat it in. At first it feels tacky, which alot of other reviewers say, but it quickly dries and feels amazingly soft! My skin has never felt more cared for, and my wallet isn’t suffering because of it!
Christopher C.
Worcester, MA
I am loving all of the skincare I'm using from The  Ordinary. In fact I just uploaded a review of them on YouTube.

I'm using the Lactic Acid, Retinoid and the Buffet. My skin has  never looked better. Its glowing, smoother and fine lines are less noticeable.

Ive been asked multiple times over the past few weeks if Ive had a facial, or work done, or gotten botox and fillers. NOPE! Its all due to The Ordinary Skincare.

I did find with The Buffet that I broke out a bit for the first two days I was  using it. Ive read other reviews that this  "purging"  happens and is to be  expected. It went away quickly and my skin looks amazing.
Phoebe M.
Batavia , OH
This is the holy grail of serums! Having struggled finding a drug store brand that helps my skin and my budget, but this is just the most perfect serum. It’s scent free and milky clear, and has helped the overall condition of my skin so much. I’ve noticed an improvement to my skin tone and it’s helped with both my dry tight patches on my cheeks and helped reduce the size of my pores. The Ordinary is a new brand to me, but I’m so impressed with the price, design, quality and range of products. I’m definitely going to buy more from this brand again.
Rae C.
I have been using this product for a little over 2 months, and have seen a a difference in the clarity of my skin. I have been using a few other products along with this so I can not say if it's this product helping on its own.

This is the second product in my skin care regimen after toning (if I remeber that), I use about half a dropper full and smooth it into my skin every morning and a couple nights a week. It is very fast drying/absorbing and feels slightly tacky. That feeling goes away after a moisturizer is put on and fully absorbs.

I just finished my first bottle of this product and will continue using it, already have a new bottle waiting.

I would recommend trying this product your self, it is pretty inexpensive (my favourite thing about this brand).
Valerie R.
Prunedale, CA
After all the raving reviews about The Ordinary and how effective and affordable they were I knew I had to try them out! I started out trying The Buffet and I have to say I was quite disappointed in this. I have combination skin but tend to get dryer in the winter this did not work well with it. First off it is really sticky and did not absorb into my skin at all. It left my pores and skin really skinny and noticeable and it made me break out. I didn’t try to use it under my makeup as I knew it definitely would’ve been a bad idea but everyone is different and for the affordable price tag I would say try it for yourself and see but it just didn’t work for me
Frankie E.
Maplewood, MN
Buffet is a peptide product that has literally caused me to glow. When collagen breaks down as you age (around 30), it turns into peptides. Peptides tell your skin to produce more collagen, so when you apply them topically, you’re telling your skin to ramp up production. That's exactly what it feels like when I apply this serum. My skin looks plumper, more hydrated, and dewy. It isn’t fast acting, but with consistent use I’ve noticed more even tone and plumper cheeks.

If you’re under 30 years old, you don’t really need peptide technology so this product won’t work for you. I suspect that’s the reason for some of the negative reviews. Not everyone responds to peptides, it’s not very well studied yet. The older, drier skin types will benefit more from Buffet than the oilier, younger types.
Leah M.
S Abington Twp, PA
I absolutely LOVE The Ordinary. So glad I decided to give it a try. My favorites are the hyluronic and buffet, as they've provided the most results. Buffet can leave a strange, chemical-like smell on the skin after a few hours of wear, but the benefits far outweigh the con. It has made my skin much clearer, and not so dry. I used to use a silicone blender to apply, and that caused pilling. The secret to applying, is to rub between your palms, then press into skin. The Ordinary. is wonderfully priced, making it an affordable option to the masses! Absorbs quickly into skin, and does as it claims! Be consistant, though!
Ali C.
Phoenix, AZ
I’ve only been using this product for about 3 weeks now but so far I’m loving it. Since adding this to my routine my skin tone has seemed to even out and smooth out. It’s been easy to incorporate into my routine and dries down fairly quickly with only a hint of stickiness left behind. Since it’s one of the first products applied after cleansing the slight tackiness doesn’t matter as it disappears under other products. Only time will tell if the results will stay but so far it’s been a great product. The Ordinary offers products that work at an affordable price AND they’re cruelty free. All wins in my book.
Sarah S.
Denver, CO
This brand is such an amazing entrant to the luxury skincare field (especially at these prices)!  I ordered the buffet from DECIEM when it came back in stock and have been using it morning and evening.  The clear formula goes on before my moisturizer ad just helps everything sit wonderfully. The actual formula also works very well for my dry sensitive skin. Overall, all of The Ordinary products have been great for me. I use this in the morning with the Niacimide treatment to clear any acne (when I have it) and in the evening with my retinol treatments and before heavier moisturizers. Love!
Melissa K.
You can never go wrong with a product for The Ordinary! I’m so impressed with everything I’ve purchased from them and buffet is no different. I use buffet both am and pm every day and the difference is amazing. Almost immediately I was able to feel a difference in the softness and feel of my skin. My blackheads are almost non existent now and my skin just looks healthy. The best part is The Ordinary has such amazing prices.
Kathy V.
Glendale, CA
What do you all think of this product? Is it really a complete all around serum or should I combine it with something else?
Morgan C.
Winona, MN
I want to start using something to prevent wrinkles and keep my skin in tip top shape (I'm 20) so  I want something preventative, would you recommend this or what other product from The Ordinary?
Brittney E.
Salida, CA
Is anyone else using The Ordinary "Buffet"?
Darienne K.
Victoria, BC
How good is this for dry skin? It sounds amazing!
Aarohi B.
Bradford, ON
Is this serum good for dry, flaky, sensitive and acne prone skin? And does it help with skin texture and acne scars? thank you !