The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

by The Ordinary

Found in grains, Azelaic Acid is produced naturally by yeast that lives on normal skin. It brightens the skin tone while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. It is a multi-functional support ingredient for all skin types and also acts as an effective antioxidant. This formula offers a very high 10% concentration of high-purity Azelaic Acid in a lightweight cream-gel system.

Directions

Apply to face AM and/or PM to improve visible brightness and the appearance of skin texture. Avoid contact with eyes and mouth. Use sun protection during the day.

We have developed a more comprehensive guide on choosing and using our formulations. Please click here to access this guide.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acryalte/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% What is the proper way to use this product in order to avoid pilling?
Does this help with dark spots/acne scars?
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% I have this product and I use it on my forehead for the under-the-skin bumps I have and it has smoothed them out so much. I also have bumps on my nose and you can tell even though they’re are smooth, will this product fix that too?
Start your review of The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%!
Product Highlights
THIS moisturizer. Amazing find. Ultra-moisturizing but suitable for my oily skin. Perfect for sensitive skin. Not watery, which is a trait I hate in moisturizers. Basically, this is the perfect moisturizer for my skin and I am super happy I found it! in reviews
...calm down since beginning this product. Highly recommend Dry/42 year old dry skin.in reviews
Brittanee R.
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Brittanee R.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love the ordinary products and I wanted to incorporate azelaic acid into my routine to help reduce redness and even my skin texture so I picked up this one because I’ve had great luck with this brand. I’ve been using it for a few months now and it’s done wonders! Hasn’t caused me to breakout plus my skin feels smoother and my redness had noticeably reduced! This is also very inexpensive but it doesn’t come with a lot of product, luckily it only takes a very small amount. The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
Martin S.
Humble , TX
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Martin S.
Purchased at: ULTA
Wonderful product. I have been using this for a few months now and it’s great. Really helps with brightening dark spots. It’s kinda thick and goes on like a silicone texture. Kinda looks matte when on. I would def recommend this to anyone fighting dark spots or texture The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
victoria M.
Liberal, KS
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by victoria M.
Purchased at: ULTA
I had acne on my cheek area due to wearing a face mask all day. Once started to use this product and the acne started to get better and it disappeared after some days, it’s also helping my skin texture and dark spots. It is also very gentle with my skin. I absolutely recommend it to get rid of the bacteria on the skin.
Agustina L.
Fairfax, VA
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Agustina L.
This product works so well. I got it because what I was using wasn't working and this gave me a solution.
Isabella G.
Westport, CT
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Isabella G.
Purchased at: ULTA
I stared using this a few months ago and can see a HUGE difference for my REDNESS! This product really helps to get rid of redness! It calms down the redness and really brightens your skin! It worked so good! I will continue to use it. I recommend if you have red skin or discoloration.
Rachel J.
Northville, MI
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Rachel J.
Purchased at: ULTA
I really like this product. It definitely helps with my rosacea. I like that it gives a lighter and matte finish after I apply it. It’s easy to use under my makeup and goes on smoothly.
Chantal H.
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Chantal H.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is a must have if you suffer from breakouts or dullness of skin. It brightens the skin tone while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. It is a multi-functional support ingredient for all skin types and also acts as an effective antioxidant. This formula offers a very high 10% concentration of high-purity Azelaic Acid in a lightweight cream-gel system. [product:the-ordinary-azelaic-acid-suspension-10%] I would highly recommend this product 😍👏
Jackie O.
Tukwila, WA
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Jackie O.
Purchased at: ULTA
While I think the product works well the formula is not my favorite. It almost feels like putting silicone on your face. It isn’t harsh on the skin but doesn’t layer well with other products. Its the right idea but not so good execution. Will not continue to use.
angelica G.
Ocean Grove, NJ
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by angelica G.
I use this stuff every single day, twice a day. It has helped my face soooo much. It’s gotten rid of fine lines, bumps, texture, redness, literally everything! I love this stuff!!! And you only need a little! The only thing I dislike is that it doesn’t come in a bigger tube!
Rania R.
Monroe Twp, NJ
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Rania R.
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% uploaded by Rania R.
Purchased at: ULTA
A bit of background: I have PCOS and had bad cystic acne on my face for over a year. As a result, I was left with BAD, red scarring and this has helped heal it DRAMATICALLY. The first pic is me recently, no makeup or editing. The second pic is me before using this product, WITH makeup on. Now let’s get into the features of this product: Smell: nothing notable. Scent-free is the way to go for skincare imo and The Ordinary does a good job with that. Texture: feels almost like a silicone primer that glides onto your face and has a smoothing effect— think the Benefit Porefessional if you’ve ever tried that. PROS: - EFFECTIVE: I’ve been able to heal some of my worst scarring with this, along with the use of retinoids. - IMPROVES TEXTURE BIG TIME - AFFORDABLE: you really don’t need much. If you ration your product, this will last you a while. CONS: - MUST BE CONSISTENT: you’re not going to see change over night. I went through a whole tube before I really noticed a big difference. That being said, you WILL notice a great improvement in your texture so it’s worth while. - I believe this can only be used at night because it increases your sensitivity to the sun - DRYING AF: be sure to moisturize I can’t emphasize it enough. Use too much and it’ll make your face feel like a Popeye’s biscuit. Less is more. Overall: worth it.

179 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Maya M.
Lawrenceville
il y a 4 jours
Alix R. il y a 4 jours
Silicone needs silicone. If you use this over/under makeup, find makeup with silicone. I would use this exclusively at night, however, and put it on dead last. Good luck!
Yasmeen A.
Northville
il y a 7 jours
Jaime M.
Culver City, CA
il y a 2 mois
Tara M. il y a 2 mois
The benefits that it helps with uneven skin tone and reducing the size of your pores. It doesn’t smell the greatest and depending what other products you use may cause some tingling.
Lisandra P.
Dade city, FL
il y a 3 mois
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% Do you guys recommend. I had little bumps on my forehead could this product help?
Brooke B. il y a 3 mois
I feel like many products could help with the tiny bumps bc i have them on my cheekbones, but they are not as noticeable anymore. I use the PUR pore cleanser, dermalogica clearing serum, the ordinary vitamin c suspension, the azelaic acid then HA and it has changed my face. Has helped with the bumps, dullness, acne scars, blackheads, I mean all of them together are the holy grail for me!