The Ordinary. Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

by The Ordinary

Found in grains, Azelaic Acid is produced naturally by yeast that lives on normal skin. It brightens the skin tone while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. It is a multi-functional support ingredient for all skin types and also acts as an effective antioxidant. This formula offers a very high 10% concentration of high-purity Azelaic Acid in a lightweight cream-gel system.

Directions

Apply to face AM and/or PM to improve visible brightness and the appearance of skin texture. Avoid contact with eyes and mouth. Use sun protection during the day.

We have developed a more comprehensive guide on choosing and using our formulations. Please click here to access this guide.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acryalte/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Is this good at fading PIE from acne?
Can anyone who has used this product testify whether it clears up red pigmentation or not? I’ve read from other skincare forums that some swear by it and the price is good but I do have sensitive skin and want to make sure it doesn’t break me out as well.The Ordinary. Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
Does anyone know if this is any good for rosacea? I have a red bumpy patch all over my chin that I believe is rosacea
Start your review of The Ordinary. Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%!
Product Highlights
THIS moisturizer. Amazing find. Ultra-moisturizing but suitable for my oily skin. Perfect for sensitive skin. Not watery, which is a trait I hate in moisturizers. Basically, this is the perfect moisturizer for my skin and I am super happy I found it! in 13 reviews
...calm down since beginning this product. Highly recommend Dry/42 year old dry skin.in 5 reviews
a month agoWashington , DC
Azelaic acid is an ingredient that’s meant to both lighten marks and prevent blemishes from occurring. This is best used at night since it leaves a white film and is quite drying. You can use it in the mornings, but I suggest using it with a good moisturizer. This is one of my favorites from the ordinary because it works for my sensitive, acne-prone skin
2 months agoNorthridge, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
I decided to give this a try to help with my redness and occasional breakouts. And I have to say I definitely see results! I’ve used this product for about a month, granted I’m not super consistent with my skincare routine. I’ve noticed that I’m getting a lot less (almost no) breakouts at all. As far as redness goes it has helped a bit, nothing too dramatic of a change though. However that may be due to my not using it consistently. Though it’s not super harsh on the skin I do advise using it with moisturizer as it could dry your skin out.
3 months agoTrenton
I bought this stuff with their niacinamide but I have stopped using this stuff and just use the niacinamide now instead. I bought it for anti inflammatory/anti acne properties, but I didn’t notice much of a difference. It could be that I didn’t give it enough of a chance, but I was also really put off by the strong plastic/silicone smell and texture. I don’t know if I would buy again, I might just search for azelaic acid products elsewhere.
24 days agoRidgewood, NJ
Purchased at: Sephora
If you have acne scars or hyperpigmentation this is a super reliable product. I’m up to my second bottle and love the results so far. I use it both during the day with Farmacy Green Screen Daily Environmental Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen with Echinacea GreenEnvy and at night. A little goes a long way, and considering the size of the bottle lasted me longer than I expected (2 months)!
a month ago
I have rosacea on my cheeks and they are constantly red. I purchased this to try to quell the redness. I've only used it a few times and I think it broke out my skin. I have cystic acne and combination, sensitive skin so it's tough to find a product that doesn't leave me with dry skin or acne. I will give it a rest and try again soon.
6 days agoFayetteville
I love this! It really is helping my dry thin skin  very affordable  effective!!! It goes on so lightly. Extremely helpful  no change needed
3 months agoHendersonville
Purchased at: ULTA
I’ve really enjoyed this suspension. I apply it after my moisturizer only in the evenings. It has a thick consistency and feels more like a primer than a moisturizer, but it sinks into the skin quickly and I have seen such an improvement in my skin with regular use.
a month agoMiami, FL
Purchased at: Sephora
Doesn’t irritate my skin and I use it day and night! So cheap, really works to brighten my face from acne scars! Loving the ordinary and all of their products. Does come in a little package but has been lasting me like 2 months. A little goes a long way!
3 months agoMuskegon, MI
I use this for my rosacea. I see a visible difference in my skin within a week of use. Also, very inexpensive product! Also, mixes very well with my other products in my skin routine. Great product, great price would recommend!
2 months agoDallas, GA
This product did great at removing left behind acne scars and dark spots! It feels great on the face too. Can’t beat the price! I can’t wait to try other products from this brand.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
4 months ago
Kaylee W. 9 days ago
I honestly don’t think any product I’ve ever used helps clear up red pigmentation better & faster than this. I also have super sensitive skin & this has never bothered me. My derm told me azelic acid is formulated to help with redness & would be great for leftover dark/red acne marks