BY THE ORDINARY

Found in grains, Azelaic Acid is produced naturally by yeast that lives on normal skin. It brightens the skin tone while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. It is a multi-functional support ingredient for all skin types and also acts as an effective antioxidant. This formula offers a very high 10% concentration of high-purity Azelaic Acid in a lightweight cream-gel system.

Directions

Apply to face AM and/or PM to improve visible brightness and the appearance of skin texture. Avoid contact with eyes and mouth. Use sun protection during the day.

We have developed a more comprehensive guide on choosing and using our formulations. Please click here to access this guide.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acryalte/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Buy on Amazon
  • "THIS moisturizer. Amazing find. Ultra-moisturizing but suitable for my oily skin. Perfect for sensitive skin. Not watery, which is a trait I hate in moisturizers. Basically, this is the perfect moisturizer for my skin and I am super happy I found it! " in 13 reviews
  • "Ive fou,d this extremely helpful with my mild rosacea. I haven't had any peelimg issues thus far, but I am seeing my akin calm down since beginning this product. Highly recommend Dry/42 year old dry skin." in 5 reviews
Kelsi B.
This product has done wonders for my skin! My skin isn't awful but I had slight texture issues and congested pores in my T zone, which this has helped (in conjunction with the use of TO SA 2%), and it has done wonders to the pigmentation acne scars I had on my cheeks!

Side note: when I first started using this product I used in in my routine as the very last thing before moisturizer but it always felt a little stingy when I wore it. A skincare professional recommended that I put it on after moisturizer (because it is in silicone) and I haven't experienced any stinging sensation since then!
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
Azelaic Acid is a potent skin chemical used in acne and rosacea. It's the active ingredient in the prescription cream and foam Finacea 15%. Without insurance coverage, these medicines can be well over $400. This 10% version from The Ordinary has been affordable and provided great results in clearing acne and reducing inflammation. I cannot compare to brand Finacea as I never tried neither the gel nor foam but am delighted that The Ordinary 10% strength is available without a prescription for the smallest fraction of the price.
Elaina R.
New Kensingtn, PA
The Ordinary is a great skincare line. I recommend trying all the products. They are super affordable and produce great results. The Azeliac Acid Suspension is a great exfoliating and nourishing lotion for acne prone skin. It also leaves skin smooth and bright. Its great to apply after serum and before moisturizer. I can't say enough good things about The Ordinary skin care products. I definitely recommend this product and the whole line.
Melanie M.
Santa Ana, CA
This stuff is the best for reducing texture! I have large pore and some ice pick scarring around my nose and cheeks and this suspension really helps reduce the look of them. I use this in combination with other skin care products but I really feel that adding this to my routine has had a positive impact on the appearance of my skin. Nothing beats the price either! All of their products are super affordable! The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension
Sawan C.
Gardner, MA
I wanted to even out my skin tone so I bought this. However this made my face itch like crazy. I’ve read reviews saying the itch only lasts the first few times you use the product. That wasn’t the case for me. It itched every time I used the product so I decided to stop. I saw no results with this product. I’m glad this product has worked for other people but unfortunately it hasn’t for me.
Ben P.
Paxton
This product claims to help take down redness and I saw it go down, but not as much as I was hoping. This product is affordable so I was happy enough with the results but if you have really bad redness I would look into the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 When I used this with the Azeliac treatment, it worked a lot better.
Rebecca T.
Madison
I can never live without this. I have rosacea centered around my cheeks and this is the only product capable of reducing redness, evening out my skin tone and brightening my skin. The silicone texture may be something you might need to get used to. I use this in the AM and PM and my skin has never been better!
Kylian D.
Vancouver , WA
Not the most convenient formula considering the silicones in it, I have found the best way to use this product is after moisturizer has dried as a last step in skincare routine. The product itself has been great for my hyper pigmentation. Hopefully they come out with a silicone free formula
Flannery C.
I ordered this after a recommendation that it would help my rosacea. I noticed differences immediately and actually ended up using it on my arms to see if it’d help with my KP (keratosis pillaris) and it 100% did!!! It’s so cheap and affordable too, but I feel like the bottle isn’t very full at all and I went through it wayy too quickly!
Julie C.
Madison
Pure magic!!! So gentle on even the most sensitive skin. It is incredibly affordable. I’m a huge fan of The Ordinary. I got mine online with Sephora. My skin is so clear and smooth..:’,,…It is so bright too!! I’m completely devoted. Nothing has changed my skin so much!! Happy skincare!!
Dalia E.
sfax
Please where can I FIND IT AND is it expensive?
I R.
Brooklyn, NY
Does this cause breakouts? I know it has silicone in it.
Lisa H.
Stockton, CA
I bought this product and heard from some reviews that it does not layer well under other products. How do I avoid this? Wait to let it absorb and then apply moisturizer and sunscreen?
Shae F.
Winnebago, MN
If I use oils (Rosehip Seed Oil and Jojuba Oil), do I put this on before or after? Before or after a moisturizer?
labidi P.
Has this product been tested on sensitive skin?