BY THE ORDINARY

Brighten the complexion with The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%; a hydrating treatment that works to transform skin. Ascorbyl Glucoside is a water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C. Arriving in a serum form, the vitamin packed solution is stable and effective, whilst also being comfortable to use. The concentrated Vitamin C formula is able to offer antioxidant properties, as well as visibly brightening skin tone and reducing signs of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles. Expect bright skin that is comfortably hydrated and radiant. see more...

Yasmin D.
Deciem states, "Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant, brightens the skin tone and reduces signs of ageing. [...] Aside from the general benefits of pure Vitamin C, Ascorbyl Glucoside has been shown to offer specific skin brightening benefits."

In other words, this product brightens dull skin and reduces signs of aging caused by skin discoloration and spots. It is not marketed to target wrinkles nor does it do so. That being said, I'm very impressed with this product! I was using it with noticeable results but then stopped--I became curious about other products from The Ordinary. However, after dabbling around this is a staple product in my medicine cabinet. Within 1 week of twice daily use, I can see my face looking brighter and more even. The freckles on my nose and on my cheek bones have diminished. I'm looking forward to see how my more obstinate sun damage responds to this product in the future but the overall brightening effect is enough of a reward! I also feel like it's not irritating, but the texture is sticky and can pill if you are layering with other products.
Elizabeth H.
This product is good but it's not that good. It claims to brighten skin and improve signs of aging. It additionally claims to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone. After using it for 2-ish months, I saw that my skin was slightly brightened but after that, it did not improve. It was like I hit a plateau and there was no more room for improvement. It also helped smooth my skin but I saw no reduction in fine lines and wrinkles nor did I see this helping my uneven skin tone. Will I repurchase this? No. I had to force myself to finish this product and I am glad I am finally done!
Dan N.
Wilmington
I love this! After using this, I woke up with a bright and lively skin! It helps me with my dullness a lot as I got such stressful schedule. When I first started, my skin does not react well though. I guess it was just the purging process? Now when I'm used to it, I'm totally in love
Charca M.
After a week of using it, I already noticed some fading in my new acne scars. I love applying it in the morning and at night. It’s amazing. I recommend it.
Aparna K.
It is the first anti aging serum.It is used for everyday purpose but in the day time use a sunscreen along with it.
Danyel H.

I have extremely oily skin with some small normal areas near the perimeter of my face. I purchased this serum to treat the hyperpigmentation on my jaw and neck and for an overall glow. I found this serum moisturizing and very comfortable. It absorbed easily and did not reacted badly with my daily essences, toners, acids, moisturizers and sunscreen. I used it twice a day for a month and then only once a day in the morning. I won't be repurchasing because, other than providing some moisture, I saw no discernible difference in my hyperpigmentation or the overall tone of my skin. If you are looking to add an vitamin c product for it's antioxidant benefits only this may work for you but I did not achieve the results I was after.
Lauren😙 T.
Not 100% certain on if this is doing much for my skin as I have recently integrated a whole new skincare regime. This product was part of the first Ordinary products I tried and so far my skin is looking better, I do feel when I put this on my face does look brighter somehow and combined with my Hyaluronic Acid and serum it works well. You only need a tiny amount and it is very cheap. It takes time for a new skin care routine to take hold but I have heard that vitamin C is very important so I'm hoping it's working some behind the scenes magic!
Rachel W.
East Tilbury, Essex
I'm still testing this product within my akin care routine one of things I have noticed and lived so far is that this doesn't Gove me blackheads, as alot of vitamin c serum can cause blackheads. I haven't noticed any of my discoloration or darker spots lightening yet but I have only been testing this for a few weeks. Price is amazing & the texture is perfect.
Jana M.
This is probably the product that had the most positive impact on my skin texture and overall appearance. Within a short time my skin looked so much smoother and healthier. It was a little scary, because I was waiting for a downside, like a breakout or blemishes, but nothing happened. I use it in the morning after cleansing and hyaluronic acid and put moisturizer and SPF on top.
Emily F.
Toronto
Really like the hygienic packaging and that it uses a dark coloured bottle with a dropper for dispensing. Great price point, very affordable since Vitamin C serums are usually so expensive. The serum makes my skin smoother almost immediately and there's hardly any wait time for it to fully absorb onto my skin.