BeautyFaceFacial SkincareThe Ordinary
The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%

The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%

by The Ordinary

Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant, brightens the skin tone and reduces signs of aging. In its pure form, Vitamin C is unstable in water. Ascorbyl Glucoside is a water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C. It is much more stable in water but it is less potent than direct L-Ascorbic Acid. Being more compatible with water allows for a very pleasant serum texture. It is considered a gold standard of Vitamin C derivatives due to its high stability and comfortable use, but it's impossible to achieve extremely high L-Ascorbic Acid potency with this solution. Aside from the general benefits of pure Vitamin C, Ascorbyl Glucoside has been shown to offer specific skin brightening benefits.

Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience. We have developed a guide that offers guidance on the formulations of Vitamin C offered under The Ordinary range. It also offers education on Vitamin C itself and on the differences between formulations of Vitamin C at large.

Usage: Apply a few drops to face AM and PM. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Ascorbyl Glucoside, Propanediol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethanolamine, Isoceteth-20, Xanthan gum, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

how is this product? I have heard that it is very good for acne blemishes
If you’ve used this, do you like it?
Did anyone see fine line and wrinkle improvement with this vitamin C and if so what was your am/pm routine with it?
Start your review of The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%!
Dayana R.
Gainesville, GA
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Dayana R.
The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% is a water based serum, feels lightweight, takes a minute to absorb. I’ve been using it every single morning for almost a month and a half applying it generously on my face and neck, and I’m close to finishing it. Ascorbyl Glucoside is a water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C, of course it’s not as potent as L-Ascorbic Acid, but on the other hand it’s really comfortable to use - it’s stable, never pills or causes irritation, doesn’t make my skin oilier throughout the day. Though it doesn’t hydrate the skin either, so it’s not a multifunctional product. I’ve noticed my skin is brighter and the texture has definitely improved. I also want to mention that I’ve been having less breakouts since i started using it. Maybe it’s a coincidence or a good skincare routine I managed to built for the past month, who knows 🤷‍♀️ Anyway I really really like this serum and now I want to try other Vitamin C products from TO.
Courtney H.
Johns Creek, GA
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Courtney H.
Purchased at: ULTA
The Ordinary’s Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% is a water-soluble derivative of vitamin C. It’s considered a gold standard of Vitamin C derivatives due to its high stability and being comfortable to use. While this derivative of Vitamin C has shown to offer enhanced brightening benefits it is less potent than The Ordinary’s direct L-Ascorbic Acid. PROS: - Cruelty free, Alcohol and silicone free, oil free, and sulfate free - Lightweight and absorbs well. Doesn’t leave behind a sticky feeling - Did not irritate my skin nor did it cause any breakouts - Has no strong fragrance - Seen some brightness and mild fading of a scar. Also seen an improvement in texture. - Did not break me out or irritate my skin CONS: - It can pile. You only need 2 drops of this. If you go more than that it will pile. - Saw no big change with mild hyperpigmentation.
Heather C.
Morgantown, WV
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Heather C.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this serum! I was amazed how much of a difference it made in my skin and at such a great price point! I definitely makes my skin brighter and decreases any dullness I may have and I swear it has made me look younger! I'd definitely recommend this for anyone looking for an inexpensive but effective vitamin C serum
Trish F.
Hurricane, WV
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Trish F.
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Trish F.
Purchased at: ULTA
I’ve been using for a little over a month. I do see a difference in my skin, it doesn’t seem as dull. No reaction with the product. Will continue to use.
Phil D.
Cerritos, CA
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Phil D.
Purchased at: Sephora
If you have uneven skin tone/redness, GET THIS! I don’t know what it’s been over the past few months, but I’ve been suffering from a ton of redness I can’t seem to get rid of. I try steering away from vitamin c because it always, always causes me to break out, with the exception of Pacifica Beauty Dream Shot Beauty Sleep Booster Serum, so seeing that this is a vitamin c derivative immediately peaked my interest. I’ve been using this consistently for the past two weeks & let me tell you, I’ve NEVER had my skin look this even, even on my best skin days - this stuff is truly magic in a bottle, & at such an amazing price! It does have a little bit of a funky smell, not going to lie, but it goes away really quick & I’m not even mad considering the results. Highly recommend! ✨
Amanda C.
Bridgewater, MA
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Amanda C.
Purchased at: ULTA
Definitely try this out! This no nonsense vitamin C derivative has a killer price point and helps to brighten your skin. I use this in the morning immediately after cleansing. I have seen dark spots fade and I’m preventing new sun spots. You really can’t go wrong experimenting with this. I have seen no irritation or breakouts from using this daily. The ordinary is changing skincare and you need this in your regimen of the ordinary must haves.
gemma R.
Sn Luis Obisp, CA
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by gemma R.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is a great, affordable vitamin c serum!! [product:the-ordinary-ascorbyl-glucoside-solution-12%] has brightened my skin without irritating it! It leaves a sort of stickiness to your skin, but that is expected with vitamin c serums. Highly recommend the ordinary if you are looking for great ingredients at an affordable price!
Maddie T.
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Maddie T.
Purchased at: Sephora
This vitamin C derivative serum legit gives my skin a glow I can actually see right away. It reduces any of my redness / irritation from old spots healing. It’s a light consistency and absorbs quickly with no residue or stickiness. I use this in the morning away from any other acid/retinoid use at night. I have been using this product for about a week and a half now and I am in love! I especially love this brand because it is the most affordable skincare brand that I have ever come across that has natural and quality ingredients.
Jenny C.
Alexandria, VA
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Jenny C.
Purchased at: ULTA
What can I say besides I’m 2 bottles deep and I hopped on The Ordinary train a couple months ago! Growing up, my mom instilled in me the importance of skincare protection at a young age. While I use sunscreen constantly, vitamin C has been great for brightening my skin and helping fade dark spots I’ve started to grow on my cheek bones. I use this serum once a day in the mornings by pairing it with the Pixi Glow tonic, my own blend of rose water and aloe Vera, and Etude House Sunprise sunscreen. Here is my naked face from last weekend 😝 you can see how bright my face is without it being from oiliness 😂
Chyenne A.
Lincoln Park, MI
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% uploaded by Chyenne A.
Purchased at: ULTA
I’ve never used any type of vitamin C until trying this one. I was skeptical at first but I wasn’t dissatisfied. I can tell that it’s helping and that my skin is noticeably brighter.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Jovana Z.
il y a 7 mois
Can i use The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% with Origins GinZing Oil free Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer together in the morning routine?
Joanne P. il y a 7 mois
Ascorbyl Glucoside is a vitamin C derivative which means it plays well with other products. According to the ordinary's website this has no conflicts with any of their products. I am not familiar with the Origins GinZing but since it is a moisturizer I am sure that it will work together since the Ascorbyl Glucoside has no conflicts.
Angelica G.
Austin, TX
il y a 8 mois
Katerina P. il y a 8 mois
Good question!
Jeromy A.
North York, ON
il y a un an
The Ordinary. Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% ? Can I use this with retinol? Does this help with dark spots?
Lisa F. il y a un an
I’ve never tried it personally but it’s a form of Vitamin C, so it should help with dark spots. If you’re also using retinol, I would use the The Ordinary serum during the day and the Retinol at night