BY THE ORDINARY

Alpha Arbutin reduces the looks of spots and hyper-pigmentation. It's used at a high 2% concentration versus a standard concentration of 1% and supported with a next-generation form of Hyaluronic Acid for enhanced delivery. Alpha Arbutin is much stronger in effect than Arbutin or Beta Arbutin.

Note: Alpha Arbutin is extremely sensitive to degradation in the presence of water if the pH of the formulation is not ideal. The pH of this formula is approximately 4.9 which is shown to be the most suitable pH to minimize degradation of Alpha Arbutin.

Antoinette R.
Decatur, AL
Purchased at: Sephora
If I could give this product 10 stars I would. As I hit my late 20s I seem to get acne which I’ve always gotten but then they tend to leave or heal I’m left with dark spots which is annoying I absolutely love this and I’ve haven’t been using this for a very long time and I’ve seen quick results the best thing it’s natural!
Ashley S.
Westwood, NJ
i just got this for christmas and i’m in love with it. it definitely has helped brighten darker spots within the few times i’ve used it. the only thing i don’t really like about it is that the consistency is really thick and sticky. but it’s well worth it since it helped my skin a lot!
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
More like 3 1/2 stars.

Pro:
1. No BS ingredients
2. Price is affordable for all
3. Packaging is aesthetically pleasing
4. Lasts for a really long time even when using twice a day

Con:
1. Results take time to see a difference in the skin (about 3 weeks?)
2. Product spills around the rim of the dropper (it gets dry and crusty)
3. Leaves a sticky/tacky feeling to the skin

It works but the results just take too long to see a difference. I broke out a few days before I left on my trip to Vietnam for 2 weeks this last March (it was extremely hot and humid). I used the serum anywhere between 1-2 times a day to help get rid of my hyperpigmented or dark spots I got from when I broke out and it took 3 weeks for those spots to go away. I had better results with other serums which do cost 5x (plus) more only because I saw results within the first few days which is what I love seeing. Now, don't get me wrong, you should definitely give it a try because I believe in this brands slogan to keep prices low for everyone with no BS ingredients (their oils are so great)! But for me, this product didn't wow me enough even though there were results it just takes too long to clear my skin.
Aria R.
Mission, TX
I’ve definitely noticed my skin look my hydrated and healthy with I have it on but otherwise it really doesn’t do much for me. I put it on at night but it doesn’t skin into my skin it just sits on my face
Vincent C.
College Park
Prior to purchasing this, I purchased several products to try and lighten the dark marks and spots left after my acne goes away. This is one of the only products that has noticeably made a difference in those spots. I use this product every other morning with The Ordinary "Buffet" and The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 1 oz/ 30 mL, alternating with my OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® the days that I don’t use this. Normally, my skin takes approximately 1-3 months to have a dark spot fade. However, after using this along with some other products such as the OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum®, my dark spots fade starting a week after the blemish disappears. Such an amazing, inexpensive product!
Anoosha K.
The ordinary products are so wonderful because how affordable they are! I used a sample of this to correct my hyperpigmentation and in that time I could see slight changed in my skin tone. This product was easy to apply and does not feel harsh on your skin. I don't feel as if i'm placing pure chemicals on my skin which is a huge plus!
Kamille D.
Olympia , WA
This product has worked wonders for me! I had a scar when I burned myself from my curling iron. It wasn’t fading at all until I started using this. I noticed it lightening in about 2 weeks of continuous use and now it has been 3 months and it is completely undetectable. Bonus: I still have some left in the container.
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
This has been a good serum to help fade acne marks and uneven tone. It's a little drying on the skin but not as harsh on my skin as the Niacinamide and Zinc serum. I've had a bottle of this for over 4 months and still haven't reached the half way point. A great buy that will last you a while.
Mary J.
I am O B S E S S E D with The Ordinary. I found it while I was browsing online and the prices persuaded me to buy on the spot. The product names are very clinical and were a bit overwhelming/confusing, though. I am 25 and just now starting to develop a solid skincare routine, so I messaged the company and asked them for suggestions based on my skin (combination/oily, redness, discoloration, occasional blemishes, looking primarily for anti-aging). They got back to me via email within 24 hours and had suggestion an entire step-by-step routine for AM and PM, with explanations of exactly what each step would do for my skin. I even have a particular product in mind (), and asked them if they thought it would be useful for me, and they told me it was t necessary! I loved their honesty and the fact that they didn't persuade me to buy something I didn't need. Needless to say, their customer service is TOP NOTCH. They sell the products on ASOS (where I have free 2-day shipping), so I ordered from there. On top of the amazing prices and outstanding customer service, I LOVE the products themselves. They are so lightweight and leave my skin feeling SO soft and clean. I notice a significant difference in my skin's texture on the days I don't use it. I will say, however, that I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in my skin's redness/discoloration, but the way my skin feels makes up for that. I even made my sister try it out to make sure I wasn't just being crazy, and she agreed! Her skin had never felt so soft. I use a 5-step routine in both the AM and PM, and while that sounds overwhelming, it only takes about 5 minutes and it is totally worth it. I have a total of 7 products from this brand, and the overall cost for all of them was about $60. 60?!?!?! Are you kidding? I am so in love that I'm actually a little torn about sharing a review because I don't want to share it with the world and find all my beloved products sold out constantly! Call me selfish, I don't care! Anyway, here's a list of my tried and true routine for anyone that's interested:

AM:

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

I also have the Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG for undereye bags/dark circles and just use this whenever I feel it's necessary, but it is a gentle solution that could easily be included in your AM/PM routines!

Highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend. One million stars!!!!

Tagging other products as well for your perusal:
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%
Kylian D.
Vancouver, WA
I haven’t noticed much change in my skin with this product, but using it in addition to Niacinamide has helped prevent blemishes while fighting hyper-pigmentation and acne scarring. I’m not sure if I would buy this product again.
Meherin P.
Want buy it .... Need some review..... Is that really work ??? I've very sensitive skin ...... Will it suit me ???
Elizabeth M.
St-Lambert, Quebec
Is it just me or it keeps balling up on me? What am I doing wrong:-(
Amoy P.
Seal Beach, CA
How effective is it against hyperpigmentation and how soon will I see a difference?
Aizada Z.
Tampa,Fl
Does it help to bright red marks after acne?
Sanjida A.
Gabalfa, Cardiff
I have many dark marks from previous spots and around my mouth area is quite discoloured, how is everyone finding this and would it work for me?

Amazon