BY THE ORDINARY

Alpha Arbutin reduces the looks of spots and hyper-pigmentation. It's used at a high 2% concentration versus a standard concentration of 1% and supported with a next-generation form of Hyaluronic Acid for enhanced delivery. Alpha Arbutin is much stronger in effect than Arbutin or Beta Arbutin.

Note: Alpha Arbutin is extremely sensitive to degradation in the presence of water if the pH of the formulation is not ideal. The pH of this formula is approximately 4.9 which is shown to be the most suitable pH to minimize degradation of Alpha Arbutin.

Buy on Amazon
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
More like 3 1/2 stars.

Pro:
1. No BS ingredients
2. Price is affordable for all
3. Packaging is aesthetically pleasing
4. Lasts for a really long time even when using twice a day

Con:
1. Results take time to see a difference in the skin (about 3 weeks?)
2. Product spills around the rim of the dropper (it gets dry and crusty)
3. Leaves a sticky/tacky feeling to the skin

It works but the results just take too long to see a difference. I broke out a few days before I left on my trip to Vietnam for 2 weeks this last March (it was extremely hot and humid). I used the serum anywhere between 1-2 times a day to help get rid of my hyperpigmented or dark spots I got from when I broke out and it took 3 weeks for those spots to go away. I had better results with other serums which do cost 5x (plus) more only because I saw results within the first few days which is what I love seeing. Now, don't get me wrong, you should definitely give it a try because I believe in this brands slogan to keep prices low for everyone with no BS ingredients (their oils are so great)! But for me, this product didn't wow me enough even though there were results it just takes too long to clear my skin.
Anoosha K.
The ordinary products are so wonderful because how affordable they are! I used a sample of this to correct my hyperpigmentation and in that time I could see slight changed in my skin tone. This product was easy to apply and does not feel harsh on your skin. I don't feel as if i'm placing pure chemicals on my skin which is a huge plus!
Christina G.
Woodbury, MN
There is only good praise here for The Ordinary... I've been able to try MANY of their products at a fraction of the cost of what I would spend on other high-end skincare brands that contain the same, or lesser quality ingredients. The Ordinary is simple, effective, budget-friendly, and I will always have The Ordinary products in my skincare routine. If you've not yet tried The Ordinary, I honestly suggest that you do. You will not be sorry. The proof is in the pudding, and if you've read other reviews online, and on social, you will understand. Try it, and you're welcome :-)
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
This has been a good serum to help fade acne marks and uneven tone. It's a little drying on the skin but not as harsh on my skin as the Niacinamide and Zinc serum. I've had a bottle of this for over 4 months and still haven't reached the half way point. A great buy that will last you a while.
Mary J.
Homewood, AL
I am O B S E S S E D with The Ordinary. I found it while I was browsing online and the prices persuaded me to buy on the spot. The product names are very clinical and were a bit overwhelming/confusing, though. I am 25 and just now starting to develop a solid skincare routine, so I messaged the company and asked them for suggestions based on my skin (combination/oily, redness, discoloration, occasional blemishes, looking primarily for anti-aging). They got back to me via email within 24 hours and had suggestion an entire step-by-step routine for AM and PM, with explanations of exactly what each step would do for my skin. I even have a particular product in mind (), and asked them if they thought it would be useful for me, and they told me it was t necessary! I loved their honesty and the fact that they didn't persuade me to buy something I didn't need. Needless to say, their customer service is TOP NOTCH. They sell the products on ASOS (where I have free 2-day shipping), so I ordered from there. On top of the amazing prices and outstanding customer service, I LOVE the products themselves. They are so lightweight and leave my skin feeling SO soft and clean. I notice a significant difference in my skin's texture on the days I don't use it. I will say, however, that I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in my skin's redness/discoloration, but the way my skin feels makes up for that. I even made my sister try it out to make sure I wasn't just being crazy, and she agreed! Her skin had never felt so soft. I use a 5-step routine in both the AM and PM, and while that sounds overwhelming, it only takes about 5 minutes and it is totally worth it. I have a total of 7 products from this brand, and the overall cost for all of them was about $60. 60?!?!?! Are you kidding? I am so in love that I'm actually a little torn about sharing a review because I don't want to share it with the world and find all my beloved products sold out constantly! Call me selfish, I don't care! Anyway, here's a list of my tried and true routine for anyone that's interested:

AM:

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

I also have the Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG for undereye bags/dark circles and just use this whenever I feel it's necessary, but it is a gentle solution that could easily be included in your AM/PM routines!

Highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend. One million stars!!!!

Tagging other products as well for your perusal:
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%
Kylian D.
Vancouver , WA
I haven’t noticed much change in my skin with this product, but using it in addition to Niacinamide has helped prevent blemishes while fighting hyper-pigmentation and acne scarring. I’m not sure if I would buy this product again.
Ally D.
I don't know guys, I 've been using this in conjunction with The Ordinary's Niacinamide for about 2 months now and I've seen little to no progress in the scar fading it claims to do. It is a pretty thick serum and I find that it gets milky and cloudy and takes a while to soak into my skin even if I pat it in. I don't regret buying anything from this brand because it is so affordable, but would I necessarily buy it again...probably not.
dilara k.
bartlett IL
I noticed a slight change but not enough to make me want to repurchase. I’ve used it for about three months (a bottle lasts you a while) and while I guess it was okay, I just wasn’t that impressed. I still Love their line though!!
Jasmine S.
Better for hyperpigmentation than the Vitamin C products, in my opinion. Easy application and results can be seen. I would recommend it for anyone trying to gently tackle their acne marks. I would buy it again.
Maria L.
Brooklyn, NY
I was soo happy to get it from Sephora. It is on the budget. And it works on tour skin. It doesn’t irritate. Helps to prevent fine lines, wrinkles. Love it. It’s very gentle and will be great for any skin type
Meherin P.
Want buy it .... Need some review..... Is that really work ??? I've very sensitive skin ...... Will it suit me ???
Aizada Z.
Tampa,Fl
Does it help to bright red marks after acne?
Elizabeth M.
Saint, QC
Is it just me or it keeps balling up on me? What am I doing wrong:-(
Amoy P.
Seal Beach , CA
How effective is it against hyperpigmentation and how soon will I see a difference?
Sanjida A.
Gabalfa, Cardiff
I have many dark marks from previous spots and around my mouth area is quite discoloured, how is everyone finding this and would it work for me?