The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

Alpha Arbutin reduces the looks of spots and hyper-pigmentation. It's used at a high 2% concentration versus a standard concentration of 1% and supported with a next-generation form of Hyaluronic Acid for enhanced delivery. Alpha Arbutin is much stronger in effect than Arbutin or Beta Arbutin.

Note: Alpha Arbutin is extremely sensitive to degradation in the presence of water if the pH of the formulation is not ideal. The pH of this formula is approximately 4.9 which is shown to be the most suitable pH to minimize degradation of Alpha Arbutin.

Usage: Apply a few drops to face in the AM and PM as part of your skincare regimen. Use sun protection in the AM. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Alpha-Arbutin, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Propanediol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Is this product worth the price?
Does this work on poc skin?
Did this make any one else break out? I was excited to use this product but now I’m not sure if I should discontinue or if this is part of the purging process.
Start your review of The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA!
Danielle A.
Tulalip, WA
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Danielle A.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this product along with all the other ordinary products. This is under $10 and is amazing. I started using this about two months ago and getting ready to purchase my next bottle because I love it. It has helped my acne scars significantly. I use this every morning and it has also helped smooth out my skin.
Kara P.
Lewiston, ME
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Kara P.
Purchased at: ULTA
I have been using [product:the-ordinary-alpha-arbutin-2%-ha] for a couple of weeks now and it has made an incredible difference in my skins texture. I am 33 and have some fine and some deeper lines, as well as breakouts, blackheads, dry & sensitive skin, and I often get dry patches around my nose and on my chin. I have been using this product as well as [product:the-ordinary-niacinamide-10%-zinc-1] and [product:the-ordinary-granactive-retinoid-2%-in-squalane-30ml] and my skin has not looked this good since I was in my mid twenties. My wrinkles and fine lines are far less noticeable, my skin is soft and much smoother, and even though some of these can be drying my skin feels hydrated, which has always been a difficulty for me. When you factor in the amazing price point of these products you know its a win all around! I can’t wait to see how my skin progresses with continued use! The Ordinary
Alejandra P.
Pittsburgh, PA
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Alejandra P.
Purchased at: Sephora
This has been one of the best purchases I’ve ever made for my skin. This humectant is wonderful and hydrates skin so well. After washing my face, I leave it damp, and put the product on. I make sure to seal it with a moisturizer and sunscreen. My face stays hydrated all day long and it looks incredibly fresh. This products gives a glow to the skin unlike any other, and when paired with vitamin c serum it works wonders. I will 100% buy this again, and I already recommend it to my closest friends.
Alyssa G.
Las Vegas, NV
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Alyssa G.
Yes yes yes. I love this for my acne scars left behind. It has definitely helped with lightening them and helped reduce size of breakouts when I get them. Highly recommend, just trust the process and use everyday. — [product:the-ordinary-alpha-arbutin-2%-ha]
Leslie L.
Cicero, IL
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Leslie L.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this product is has improved my skin so much if you have discoloration and dark spots this is the product for you! You will love it as much as I do and it’s fragrance free and silicone free and free from any chemicals
Diani G.
Paris , KY
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Diani G.
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Diani G.
Im experienced acne and this was my solution. Skin acné is a process so you need to be patient to see resulta. 😉
grace S.
Pittsburgh, PA
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by grace S.
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by grace S.
Purchased at: ULTA
I am using it in my routine to treat stains and it has served me a lot, I am very sadisfied with the result
Alexandra R.
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Alexandra R.
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Alexandra R.
Purchased at: ULTA
If you have acne scaring or dark spots, you NEED this product! I suffer from really bad hormonal acne that I’ve learned to tame and control with a skin care routine. While that prevented flair ups, I still had a lot of scarring left from picking at or popping pimples, and my skin was and looked incredibly textured. I felt really self conscious about it until I started incorporating this product into my skincare routine and noticed a change in my skin in a matter of weeks!!! My skin is now smooth, soft, and I’m only halfway through the bottle! I can’t recommend this product enough — it has given me my confidence back! The first picture was taken in November 2020 and the second was taken today! I use this product day and night — in the morning I apply it after The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1 followed by Elf Cosmetics Happy Hydration Cream - On the Go, and at night I apply it after a retinol serum followed by Iunik Centella Calming Gel Cream 60ml.
bridget L.
Louisville, KY
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by bridget L.
Purchased at: ULTA
(the photo is from a day ago) I do have a bit of makeup on in the photo, but this product has helped my skin TREMENDOUSLY. I used to have bad scarring from acne and constantly picking at my skin, but after using this my skin has cleared up so much! I use it twice a day now instead of once (I believe it recommends twice a day). It is a bit sticky so make sure to pay it in and put moisturizer on afterwards!
Bella R.
Mount Sterling
The Ordinary. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA uploaded by Bella R.
I love this product!! I like to apply before I apply my makeup and I swear it makes all the difference!!

102 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...