Skin CareFacial SkincareSkin Care Masks & PeelsThe Ordinary
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA) exfoliate the skin's topmost surface for a brighter and more even appearance. Beta hydroxyl acids (BHA) also exfoliate the skin with an extended function to help clear pore congestion. This combined 29% AHA/BHA solution offers deeper exfoliation to help fight visible blemishes and for improved skin radiance. The formula also improves the appearance of skin texture and reduces the look of fine lines with continued use.

This formula contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use. This derivative is of plant origin and varies in colour seasonally and this colour variation may be apparent in the formula from time to time. This formula is further supported with a crosspolymer form of hyaluronic acid for comfort, Vitamin B5 to assist healing and black carrot as an antioxidant.

Note: This formula contains a very high concentration of free acids. We recommend use only if you are an experienced user of acid exfoliation and your skin is not sensitive.

Contraindications: This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.

This pH of this formula is approximately 3.6. Glycolic Acid, the primary AHA used in the formula, has a pKa of 3.6 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation. Higher pH numbers in such a case would increase salt which counter-intuitively would make the formula even more irritating than if the formula was more acidic.

Note: While exfoliating acids can result in quick visible benefits, we generally suggest indirect forms of skin exfoliation in favour of direct forms such as this formula due to potential inflammation and sensitivity associated with acids. Please refer to NIOD's Non-Acid Acid Precursor for such a reference.

Usage: Clean face and wait for skin to dry. Do not use on wet skin. Apply evenly across face and neck using fingertips, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for no more than 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes both during application and rinse off. This low-viscosity solution is intended to be used as a masque. Do not leave on for longer than 10 minutes. It is not recommended to use more than twice per week. Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

(Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.)

Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Salicylic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Xanthan gum, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

i would like to jnow is this product is really worth it and does it suit an oily skin type?
For those who have used this before: Have you noticed any significant changes to your skin?
Can this product help with acne scars?
Start your review of The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution!
Olivia V.
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Olivia V.
Purchased at: ULTA
Amazing product! I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately! Just make sure to be careful when using; it’s STRONG. Less is definitely more!! Don’t be afraid to be “conservative” with it (both with the amount of product you apply and amount of time you leave it on) ESPECIALLY in the beginning!
Génesis M.
Washington, DC
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Génesis M.
Purchased at: Sephora
This was my first experience using a facial peel solution and I loved this product! I thought my skin was sensitive but I took the risk of using this product as soon as I bought it and it didn't cause any irritation. I have already used it 4 times without any problem. It burns/stings a bit when applied, that doesn’t last long and it’s totally worth it. I saw results after the first time I used it, as it made my skin look smoother and feel softer. I use it once a week as directed, and it’s really improved my skin. Honestly, i highly recommended it! The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
Kimberly R.
Midland, TX
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Kimberly R.
I’m a huge fan of this AHA BHA combo! My kids call it my zombie mask 😂 [product:the-ordinary-aha-30%-bha-2%-peeling-solution] I’ve been using for almost 6 months, and still haven’t been able to leave on for the full 10 minutes, but results have still been great! I use once a week, and slather with moisturizer after to head off any dryness. Only caution: follow the instructions!!! This product isn’t for everyone, and can do damage if used incorrectly.
Sam C.
La Grange Pk, IL
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Sam C.
Purchased at: ULTA
[product:the-ordinary-aha-30%-bha-2%-peeling-solution] great exfoliating product. People seem to really enjoy this product but remember... USE ONLY ONCE A WEEK. Thin layer. Do patch test before use
Holly D.
Beverly, MA
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Holly D.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is one of the best products from the whole line, I actually had to go on a wait list to get it! This is an EXTREMELY effective alpha hydroxy acid peel that costs less than $10 and is a clean formula - something very important to me. The red in the formula is from Tasmanian Pepperberry which is used to help prevent irritation from the high levels of acids. This is absolutely not for sensitive skin, and you need to make sure that you treat your skin barrier well after you use this - hydrate very well. This peel can be very intense, I experienced some stinging and itching when I first used it. If you can tolerate it, this peel will, over time, soften fine lines, face hyperpigmentation and completely obliterate breakouts. This would be best for acne prone or oily skin types, and those who have scarring or hyperpigmentation would benefit most. It’s a great product to keep the signs of aging at bay, and it takes just a few minutes a few times a week to see results. I used this consistently for a month when I first got it, and I got compliments from complete strangers on how bright my face locked! I do notice some sensitivity and redness the next day but that goes away with hydration and NEVER forget a high level SPF with this! Overall this is an amazing product especially for the twice and anyone who can tolerate this high level of acids can stand to benefit from this product. If you hang tried it yet, buy it, (patch test it), and get glowing! [product:the-ordinary-aha-30%-bha-2%-peeling-solution]
Autumn M.
Ann Arbor, MI
Purchased at: ULTA
Because I have very sensitive skin, I was scared to use this product in the beginning. But it's less than $10, I won't lose much even if it didn't work. So I bought this, I got it today and I used it. OMG, this is a game-changer!! I looked like I ate some strawberries 🍓 with my face, and it did tingle my skin a bit, but my skin feels so much smoother, and my skin is absorbing the toner so much better. Let's see how my skin will change after several months!
Crystal C.
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Crystal C.
Purchased at: ULTA
Another ordinary product i purchased!! It actually stung at first but as weeks went by, my skin started to get used to it! The peel leaves my skin feeling so smooth!
Sofie H.
Gainesville, FL
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Sofie H.
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Sofie H.
I’ve used this product once so far and I already see a difference!!! It unclogged all of my pores and my skin looks so fresh, lively, and smooth. I have sensitive skin so it hurt/burned at first and I only left it on for 5 minutes and it still worked great. I would recommend a moisturizer with this before hand if you are not used to chemical peels and have sensitive skin like I do. I paired it with the ordinary caffeine under eye drops and the hydraulic acid! My skin looked amazing.
Erin R.
Killeen, TX
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Erin R.
One of the best chemical exfoliants that I’ve tried. Super affordable and has great ingredients. It made my large pores so much less visible and helped my slight acne scarring.
Charity A.
The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution uploaded by Charity A.
Purchased at: ULTA
Another one from The Ordinary I absolutely this 1 offers deeper exfoliation to help fight signs of pore congestion and improve skin radiance. The formula also improves the appearance of skin texture and reduces the look of fine lines. Also definitely recommend a patch test this one is also a bit harsh on sensitive skin The Ordinary. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution #winterskincare

4,302 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...