BY THE ORDINARY #42 in Serums

Squalane is a saturated and stable hydrocarbon that is found naturally in the skin. It has very high emollience, is an exceptional hydrator and can prevent ongoing loss of hydration that impairs dermal suppleness. Squalane is non-comedogenic and is suitable for use on all skin types. It can also be applied to hair to increase heat protection, add shine and reduce breakage potential.

Note: This product uses 100% pure plant-derived Squalane that is ECOCERT approved and is a USDA Certified Bio-based Product.

Maura Y.
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE ORDINARY'S SQUALANE OIL. I had ordered the trial sizes of the Biossance oil and I LOVED it, but it doesn't last very long considering I actually use the squalane oil for my hair and not my skin. The Biossance oil is fifty or sixty dollars and as a college student there is absolutely no way I can afford that without either saving up or living off of ramen for a month....or six. Biossance derives their squalane from cane sugar plants I believe, so I wanted to find a squalane oil brand that did the same, which was FAR harder than you would believe, since most companies get their squalane from olives (which kind of just seems like...milder olive oil to me). Well the ordinary doesn't have where their oil is derived from BUT they DO have a system for emailing them questions, so I asked, and lo and behold, they derive their squalane from cane sugar as well, so i figured it was a safe (and cheap) bet to order this in place of the Biossance oil and the point of this very long winded explanation is this; It is JUST as good (perhaps even better when factoring cost) as the Biossance 100% Squalane and I will forever buy this instead.
Ally D.
Somerville, MA
This was in my first round of The Ordinary products that I trialed. I've heard great things about Squalane oil but i'm really wary about oils on my oily combination skin. My concerns where pretty spot on as it is a heavier oil for my skin. I found that if i'm able to rub the oil in my hands first and pat it on my skin I find that it works, however I use the Sunday Riley U.F.O. oil and I'm able to apply that directly to my skin without feeling like my pores are clogged and it feels hydrating. In comparison to Biossance it is a really affordable alternative so I don't regret it because I was $7!
Jessica D.
Mason, MI
This is one of two deciem products I bought to trial The Ordinary line. I’d read great things about squaline however for my oily prime skin I found this to not be the best match for hydration. I do love to use it on my lips at night though as a more intensive treatment. I anticipate being able to use this on my ace as winter gets more intense. However, even if it doesn’t work it is totally worth trying as it’s only $7! I have other products from this company that I love (the rosehip oil works great on oily and acne prone skin!), and am looking forward to trying more!
Maxine L.
La Vista, NE
My holy grail!!! I think this is the most underrated face oil ever. It is absorbed quickly and is very lightweight so it does not leave that greasy feel like moist oils do! In fact, this is even recommended for people with oily skin because it helps prevent the production of excess oil on the face! I read about the wonders of squalane oil and I am now a true believer. See for yourself!!! (The price is also unbeatable!)
Tamara F.
The Ordinary Skincare has saved my skin. Squalane is so expensive from Biossance so I was curious to try this at a fraction of the cost. I think this is much better and my skin shows it. My skin has never been this healthy. It hydrates without leaving skin greasy. I’ve gotten tons of compliments about how my skin glows. Definitely recommend! Just makes sure you read about how to use each product and what to get for your skin concerns. Each product is much more concentrated than other brands. I use this one for day time after eye cream and before sunscreen with moisturizer.
Maggie M.
Sacramento, CA
The ordinary offers such great skin care at an affordable price! Although these products aren’t convenient to get your hands on it is so worth it because they are great!! This oil was perfect for my dry skin,super hydrating and it was a light oil it didn’t feel heavy or greasy
Alyx D.
Tinley park, IL
This is a great light weight "oil" that I use when retinoids have particularly irritated my skin. It can be used alone or underneath a top treatment. Within minutes, it helps my skin rebalance and feel natural and not greasy. Out of all the moisturizers The Ordinary makes, this is the best.
Marcea B.
Denver, CO
Alright so I know I’m late to the game and this brand is getting hella hype (especially now that @deciem has been backed by a major cosmetic company 👌🏾) but I received this generous package from @newlondonnyc a while ago and think I have finally tested the products I received for long enough to have an opinion to add to the pile lol
_____________________
The Ordinary Buffet (Radiance, Hydration)
_____________________
It’s a peptide serum with a hyaluronic acid base. My skin likey all things hyaluronic. I definitely notice the effects of this serum. My skin feels soft and hydrated, bright and radiant. This is probably my favorite of all the products I’ve tried in this line.

_____________________
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution (dark circles, puffy eyes)
_____________________
This is easily my least favorite product so far. I haven’t noticed any improvement in the under eye area and it leaves a sticky film when dried. Sometimes it oxidizes to a white film that peeks underneath my makeup. Issa no from me dawg.
_____________________
The Ordinary Squalane Oil (hydration)
I love my @biossance squalane oil so I was definitely curious to try this. I love indulging, but this mama also loves a bargain and if the ordinary can deliver biossance results for a fraction of the price I’m all about it. Its consistency is much thicker than biossance and you can definitely tell you have an oil on your face after use. It’s derived 100% from plants but doesn’t specify which ones. I’m just happy it doesn’t have squalene from sharks 😳 I like to use this as a last moisturizer at night, but definitely have to be wary of the amount or I end up with a nice oily imprint on my pillow. I don’t use during my AM routine anymore simply because the weight in this humidity makes me feel like my face might melt off at any moment.
_____________________
All in all, I do like this oil, but I kinda prefer biossance for everyday use. But when it comes down to dollars, I’d probably purchase the ordinary first before restocking on biossan
Molly S.
This works great at hydrating the skin and fixing dry spots. I usually use it on top of my water based products for extra hydration during the winter time, and I find that it leaves my skin really soft in the morning.
Rachel W.
Five stars! I mix it with my moisturizer before bed if I feel I need the extra boost. It can definitely make your skin look extra shiny so I recommend using it only at night unless your skin is on the drier side.
Blythe H.
Is this meant to be a moisturizer? Is it tacky or sticky? Could you wear it under makeup?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Ooooooooo!!!! Plant derived!!!! Exciting. Does this Product contain petroleum or mineral oil?
Kim D.
this vs the ordinary rosehip oil, marula oil or hyaluronic acid
Ken C.
What does it suppose to do for the skin is it mandatory that the skin needs this
Jessica M.
San Antonio, TX
Does it have a scent to it?