The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane

Squalane is a saturated and stable hydrocarbon that is found naturally in the skin. It has very high emollience, is an exceptional hydrator and can prevent ongoing loss of hydration that impairs dermal suppleness. Squalane is non-comedogenic and is suitable for use on all skin types. It can also be applied to hair to increase heat protection, add shine and reduce breakage potential.

Note: This product uses 100% pure plant-derived Squalane that is ECOCERT approved and is a USDA Certified Bio-based Product.

Is this safe to use every night? I have sensitive skin and use herbivore bakuchiol twice a week?
I see you can use this product in your hair, does anyone know if it’s color safe?
[product:the-ordinary-100%-plant-derived-squalane] Would love you hear how people have used this product. How does it compare to similar products??
Start your review of The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane!
Richmond , TX
My skin is acne prone and I have acne scars and blemishes. When applying makeup, I have to conceal them. I really am tired of these scars and it get can worst so I thought of seeking help. I contacted @deciem and explained my issues and concerns and they recommended their few products and the order I should apply these serums and what time of the day I should apply them. Since I can get @deciem products at @ultabeauty so I head to @ultabeauty and was able to use my coupons and spend $18 dollars for three serums. I will post the results monthly. It’s been a week I started using them and let me tell you my skin is very sensitive but it survived these serums and no breakout or reaction#knockonwood The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin reduces dark spots and hyperpigmentation The Ordinary Plant Derived Squalane This helps skin with hydration (use only at night) Its like an oil but it’s not greasy The Ordinary Niacinamide provides visible brightening effect @deciem is also available online at @sephora The Ordinary. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived SqualaneThe Ordinary. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Collins, IA
Purchased at: ULTA
This product is silky in texture and a little goes a long ways. I see a lot of people reviewing that this doesnt leave your skin looking oily/it absorbs quickly which I wouldnt agree with, my skin is definitely left with a layer of 'oil' which is definitely visible for about 30 minutes after I apply (Again could go back to the "a little goes a long way" and Im just using too much). Which doesnt bother me personally, hence the 5 stars. Im very acne prone and this hasnt seemed to cause any issues or flare-ups with my acne. Ive recently started a routine with The Ordinary products ( The Ordinary. Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution, The Ordinary. Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion, and The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane) and yesterday I got complimented saying my skin looks glowier, so I thank these The Ordinary products!!
Corona, CA
I honestly love this product so much. I was exposed to squalane back .. about 2 years ago in a Japanese skincare product before it got popular. I had eczema, dry red skin and would be worse in the winter and just figured I'd have to live like this forever. Fast forward a couple years of managing with just general creams (heavy thick ones), serums (HA worked deecently)... and now I saw this on deciem and oh my goodness... this has worked so well on my skin. It leaves a very nice moisturized glow, feels like its hydrated from the inside out and it doesnt leave such a oily/grease ball feeling. Would recommend using this at night when taking a day off from vitamin C or retinol. Otherwise I put a single drop in my morning moisturizer and then apply my makeup. :) Love this!
Emeryville, CA
Great value! I love how cheap The Ordinary is.  I use squalane when I need extra hydration under my FAB Ultra Repair Cream at night or when I want a non-irritating oil to help with excessive dryness or irritation. I've also used this to oil-cleanse and it does a really good job at getting stubborn clogs out of my nose, chin, and forehead skin. I'm really glad this oil exists, as it's a derivative of squalene, which is naturally occurring in our skin. It's safe for those susceptible with fungal-acne (which is my case) and I haven't had any fungal-related breakouts since using this for the last 5+ months!
Arlington, VA
I have to say that I am impressed with this product. I have only ever used a lotion-type of heavy moisturizer. This is extremely light and you only need a couple drops of the product to cover your whole face. After it is distributed all over, it does feel similar to silicone primers I have used in the past. You skin may be a little shiny, but that can be mitigated by not using a lot of product (which you don't need a lot anyway). It stands by the promise of keeping your skin soft and hydrated all day. It definitely helps me without weighing me down.
Fallbrook, CA
THIS! I think this really improved my fungal acne. My pregnancy literally tore my face UP! I had tons of small bumps (and big) around my eyebrows (a place I’ve never broke out before) and on my forehead. Using this (plus niacinamide)...girl!!! I know not everything is for everyone but this was for me! My face has now outgrown this because I don’t need the oil for my face as often but I will try the squalane cleanser! Hope I can replace my benzoyl peroxide cleanser with that..we’ll see
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane uploaded by Nadia N.
Purchased at: ULTA
Part of my beauty regimen is this amazing squalane oil from the Ordinary! It hydrated my skin during this dry winter season and makes my skin feels and looks healthier. I use this twice a day (can be more if you would like to) after my lotion. It does not clog your pores not causing acne. I highly recommend! [product:the-ordinary-100%-plant-derived-squalane] The Ordinary
Waukesha, WI
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane uploaded by Megan B.
I bought this recently during the Sephora sale. I'd been searching for a cheaper alternative to my $50 Tarte maracuja oil. So far I've found this to be a great alternative. I mix a few drops with my moisturizer or sometimes I put it right on top of my moisturizer. I feel it's been helping to add a little extra boost of moisture. It has no color and no smell. It is so affordable. I bought mine for less than $7! Definitely recommend this if you're looking for an affordable facial oil.
Cincinnati
Purchased at: ULTA
I started out using this before my moisturizer in my nighttime routine. I found that it didn’t do much for me using it that way. I now use it as an occlusive instead of aquaphor or Vaseline and it’s amazing. I just drop about 4-5 drops in my palm and slather it on my face and neck as the last step in my routine. A M A Z I N G. I really think it’s this step that has kept my face flake free from my tret use and my skin is incredibly soft every morning.
Hamilton, MT
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane uploaded by Jenny L.
This is an interesting product. It's non-greasy, noncomedogenic and can be used in your hair! It is naturally derived and just a wholesome product through and through. It is a great additive for your face after water based products but before moisturizers. It is also a heat protectant for your hair. And being non-greasy, it is ideal. It also helps with split ends and breakage. I highly recommend it. The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Brooklyn, NY
3 months ago
Has anyone with oily skin tried The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane? Now that the weather is cold I like to layer up the moisture
Purvasha S. • 3 months ago
Ya, i use it. It’s good, I use it before my moisturizer to give my skin a boost of hydration, you can give it a try. Though, I don’t like the peels by the ordinary.