BY THE ORDINARY

Squalane is a saturated and stable hydrocarbon that is found naturally in the skin. It has very high emollience, is an exceptional hydrator and can prevent ongoing loss of hydration that impairs dermal suppleness. Squalane is non-comedogenic and is suitable for use on all skin types. It can also be applied to hair to increase heat protection, add shine and reduce breakage potential.

Note: This product uses 100% pure plant-derived Squalane that is ECOCERT approved and is a USDA Certified Bio-based Product.

Zenia
Squalene is a great oil for all skin types to replenish and moisturize your face. This is a great introduction to squalene and I tried this after using the Biossance brand squalene in hopes of finding a cheaper dupe. While I love The Ordinary's products, this one didn't quite work for me. No matter what, I found this oil sitting on my face and not ever really absorbing leaving a more greasy as opposed to dewy look. However, I do love this oil mixed in my leave in conditioner, on lips after exfoliating, and in my body scrub so still rank it high!
Marcea B.
denver, co
Alright so I know I’m late to the game and this brand is getting hella hype (especially now that @deciem has been backed by a major cosmetic company 👌🏾) but I received this generous package from @newlondonnyc a while ago and think I have finally tested the products I received for long enough to have an opinion to add to the pile lol
_____________________
The Ordinary Buffet (Radiance, Hydration)
_____________________
It’s a peptide serum with a hyaluronic acid base. My skin likey all things hyaluronic. I definitely notice the effects of this serum. My skin feels soft and hydrated, bright and radiant. This is probably my favorite of all the products I’ve tried in this line.

_____________________
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution (dark circles, puffy eyes)
_____________________
This is easily my least favorite product so far. I haven’t noticed any improvement in the under eye area and it leaves a sticky film when dried. Sometimes it oxidizes to a white film that peeks underneath my makeup. Issa no from me dawg.
_____________________
The Ordinary Squalane Oil (hydration)
I love my @biossance squalane oil so I was definitely curious to try this. I love indulging, but this mama also loves a bargain and if the ordinary can deliver biossance results for a fraction of the price I’m all about it. Its consistency is much thicker than biossance and you can definitely tell you have an oil on your face after use. It’s derived 100% from plants but doesn’t specify which ones. I’m just happy it doesn’t have squalene from sharks 😳 I like to use this as a last moisturizer at night, but definitely have to be wary of the amount or I end up with a nice oily imprint on my pillow. I don’t use during my AM routine anymore simply because the weight in this humidity makes me feel like my face might melt off at any moment.
_____________________
All in all, I do like this oil, but I kinda prefer biossance for everyday use. But when it comes down to dollars, I’d probably purchase the ordinary first before restocking on biossan
Myra H.
Love it! Super inexpensive and adds moisture without feeling greasy or heavy. My favorite time to use this is at night before bed, sometimes alone, sometimes under a moisturizer. Either way, when I wake up the next morning my skin looks and feels really smooth and hydrated. I use about 3, no more than 5 drops and apply it mostly to my cheek area and then pat the rest into other parts of my face. It's a very nice, quality product.
Marianne Z.
After going back and forth between this and the one from Biossance, I went with the *much* more affordable option. It works so well to smooth out the texture (mostly apply to my cheeks) and I swear it has help to minimize the appearance of my pores on my cheeks (a problem area for me). This is on the oilier side so I use this at night only. I might use it in the mornings when winter comes. Highly recommend trying this out!
Patricia L.
Franklin sq , NY
A little bit goes a long way with this serum. I use this a night on days where my skin needs the extra moisture. I have used it during the day on no make up days for a really pretty glow. A lot of people say that it makes them super oily but I guess since I use a tiny amount it doesn't really feel/look that oily on me. My skin drinks this up. I also love the price point!
Kanika B.
I have been using this oil for 3 weeks and I LOVE it!! It cost $7.90 from Beautylish. The packaging is basic, nothing fancy. It is a very light oil, that works great even on acne prone skin actually working to decrease acne breakouts! That is a major plus for me!! I would highly recommend purchasing this oil!!
Krizia V.
Edinburg, TX
I have tried different squalene oil brands and have found they're all the same so why spend more when we have a very affordable option? I started using the ordinary like 8 months ago and this oil is by far my favorite since I have very dry sensitive skin. This is oil is truly life changing!
Angeline P.
Reno, NV
I use this almost every night and it has made my skin feel so supple and hydrated. It's not too thick or oily and settles into the skin pretty quickly. I love the simple packaging and the low price tag of The Ordinary's product line and this is one of my favorites.
Nancy W.
Dallas, TX
I am a huge fan of The Ordinary and what the brand stands for. They are very straight forward and honest and I find that incredibly refreshing in the beauty industry where many brands like to claim their products are miraculous and innovative when they are really no different than anything else on the market.

This product is an oil like texture and is extremely hydrating and moisturizing. The Ordinaries website shows all the benefits it has for the skin and it is an ingredient in many other skincare products. I find this absorbs well into my skin as long as I do not use too much product. I have been using this for about 4 months now and I still have 3/4ths of the bottle left.

The price and quality = 5 Stars! I will definitely repurchase.
christina s.
Phoenix , AZ
I have been using this oil for two whole weeks now and I have been very impressed! Not only is it super inexpensive, it also performs very well! I tend to have dry areas on my face and I've been using this product every single night. Well those dry areas are gone! My skin feels a lot softer! It definitely does what it claims and you can't beat the price! I won't ever go a night without it!
Blythe H.
Is this meant to be a moisturizer? Is it tacky or sticky? Could you wear it under makeup?
Kim D.
this vs the ordinary rosehip oil, marula oil or hyaluronic acid
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Ooooooooo!!!! Plant derived!!!! Exciting. Does this Product contain petroleum or mineral oil?
Ken C.
What does it suppose to do for the skin is it mandatory that the skin needs this
Charlie A.
Columbus, OH
Does this product add more oil to your skin ? I have oily skin and don't need the extra headache !!