BeautyFaceFacial SkincareThe Ordinary
100% Organic Virgin Sea-Buckthorn Fruit Oil

The Ordinary 100% Organic Virgin Sea-Buckthorn Fruit Oil

by The Ordinary

This formulation contains 100% pure Sea-Buckthorn Fruit oil that is sustainably-sourced, organic, unrefined and virgin in origin. This exceptional Sea-Buckthorn Fruit oil is derived from the pulp of the Sea-Buckthorn berry. This oil contains a high concentration of rare palmitoleic acid (Omega 7) for nourishing & protecting the skin. It also offers other fatty acids like palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linolenic acid and linoleic acid as well as antioxidants like tocopherol (Vitamin E), carotenoids and lycopene that all help to protect the skin from free radical damage and to maintain the skin’s normal barrier function.

Notes: Supplied in UV-protective packaging.

Our Sea-Buckthorn Fruit oil is completely unrefined and imparts a natural scent due to its high palmitoleic acid (Omega-7) content. This scent is not an indication of rancidity. Sea-Buckthorn Fruit oil that does not have scent is likely to have been highly refined and, therefore, would contain less active compounds and would likely offer impaired benefits. The formula's intense natural orange-red hue is due to its high carotenoids and lycopene content. After application, the colour of this oil will remain on your skin until it is washed off. Please use a very small amount or dilute with other products for easier application.

Usage: Mix a few drops with other treatments in the palm of your hand and apply to the face, ideally at bedtime after application of water-based treatments. Wash hands after application and avoid product contact with fabric as it may stain. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Oil

Alguien sabe que es bueno para el acné ?
Inglés: This product for which skin type is used? Español: Este producto para qué tipo de piel se usa?
How well does this product work for fading acne scars and redness?
Start your review of The Ordinary 100% Organic Virgin Sea-Buckthorn Fruit Oil!
How would you rate this product?
Becky  P.
Brooklyn, NY
The Ordinary 100% Organic Virgin Sea-Buckthorn Fruit Oil uploaded by Becky  P.
This is a 5 star product but I had to take a star off due to the fact that this oil stains fabrics . It is a orange color so I recommend using at night because you will look like Oompa Loompa (I’m so serious) . I also recommend using a dark colored pillow case and wearing something you don’t mind getting stained. Overall it’s a good oil and really keeps my skin moisturized. I don’t use it too much because of the staining.
Maggie E.
Missoula, MT
I have a love/hate relationship with this product. It is VERY, VERY orange, even if you only use a small amount. I can't use it as a traditional serum during the day because even very small amounts make me look like an oompa loompa. I use it as more of a treatment or mask. I put it on about an hour before a shower and let it sit on my skin. You need to be careful not to touch anything because it will stain clothes and white bathroom fixtures. It does make my skin significantly softer and more even though. It also seems to help my occasional adult acne.
Redding T.
New City, NY
My oily skins reacts poorly to nearly all facial oils under the sun. Rosehip seed oil? Nope. Squalene oil? Double no. Castor oil? God no! I had almost given up on facial oils altogether, and was confused because facial oils are all that everyone raves about. No matter what oil I tried it always seemed to sit on top of my skin instead of absorbing into it. This oil always absorbs within 10 minutes of application, and never feels too heavy. Although it does leave a yellow tint, I only use it at night time so it’s no big deal.
Shelby W.
Chesapeake, VA
Purchased at: ULTA
I love using this stuff as a night mask! I usually mix with my moisturizer so the color isn't quite so intense, & I find that it stains my pillows less this way. It helps so much with my dry skin & i haven't noticed it causing any extra acne. Its a great price & a little goes a looong way, seriously just like 2 drops lol.
Gabriella H.
Olivehurst
The Ordinary 100% Organic Virgin Sea-Buckthorn Fruit Oil uploaded by Gabriella H.
I recently purchased this product because it aids in many things such as skin hydration, cell regeneration and even helps treat and prevent acne! This product also treats many skin disorders such as eczema psoriasis and rosacea. I love it 10/10. It creates an orange-ish look so I use it at night.
Savannah C.
Alpharetta, GA
The Ordinary 100% Organic Virgin Sea-Buckthorn Fruit Oil uploaded by Savannah C.
I love all of the ordinarys products because they are so simple and pure. This peeling solution is pretty awesome it leaves the skin so soft. Be careful and read the instructions so you don’t end up burning your skin
Jessica  H.
Ontario, CA
1,572 reviews
Purchased at: ULTA
Hydration overload. I love how my skin looks after. Super smooth and hydrated. Low scent. The dropper makes it sanitary.
Natasha G.
After watching Dr. Dray's YouTube video on the most useful skincare oils out there and hearing what she had to say about sea buckthorn's many potential benefits, I promptly tried finding one I could buy. I was planning on making my first purchase of products from The Ordinary soon, and I ended up adding this to my cart a few days later. I've only used this a couple of times so far, so there is no way it's had enough of a chance to show me what it can do, but there is one major drawback this oil has — it's got a dark orange-red color that makes your face completely orange. There is no way this product could ever be worn during the daytime. Since I don't usually wear oil during the day anyway that doesn't bother me too much, however what DOES bother me and totally keeps me from using it is the fact that this gets all over my pillow when I go to bed. Unless you have a huge supply of pillow sheets you can keep using or unless you're fine with washing them every day, this oil unfortunately will probably end up being something you don't use very often either.
Elise F.
So this is such an orange oil... I mean, rosehip and pycnogenol may look orange, but they might as well be water next to this. I can't use it on my face as a result, but I do think it's a fantastic oil, and I mix just one drop per large dollop of body lotion and use it that way. In a way it's kind of cool... I know exactly whether I've missed a spot on my body, as that bit isn't orange! And if you use just very little and rub it in and around very well, you can't really tell the orange/yellow color on your skin anymore. But I wouldn't use it before going to a special event where I had a lot of skin showing, just in case! I keep using it because I do think it adds a wonderful level of something to my body moisturizer mix though :) My skin has never felt or looked better!
Molly C.
I know this is the real deal and sea buckthorn is not a cheap oil! It’s relatively dry as an oil and literally one drop will do. However, it will stain your pillow case so be careful! I mix this with my other oils so that it can be diluted a bit. I also top a moisturizer on top of my oils to “seal” everything, and that helps not staining my pillowcase.