BeautyFaceFacial SkincareThe Ordinary
The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

This formulation uses 100% pure Rosehip Seed Oil that is both cold-pressed and organic. Rosehip Seed Oil is rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid and pro-vitamin A, all of which degrade when the oil extraction process involves heat. While cold-pressed extraction is complex, it preserves all of the quality of this important oil which has been shown to reduce signs of photo-aging and many other skin conditions.

Notes: Supplied in UV-protective packaging.

Our Rose Hip Seed Oil is completely unrefined and imparts a natural scent partly due to its high omega fatty acid content. This scent is not an indication of rancidity. Rose Hip Seed Oil that does not have a scent is refined and offers reduced benefits.

Usage: Apply once a day to the face, ideally at bedtime after application of water-based treatments. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Rosa Canina Seed Oil.

Does this help with scarring?
Is this good to hydrate your skin?
Is it good for acne?
Start your review of The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
...with glycolic acid), resulting in raw, red, peeling skin. Normally I have sensitive, oily skin, and I am going through an acne-prone phase (hence the addition of the Differin), so I was worried about the addition of an oil, but after some research and recommendations from trusted sources that the linoleic and linolenic acid would react well with - and, even better, be beneficial for - my skin type, I grabbed this up. I mix this in with my moisturizer (Vanicream) morning and night, and it has helped immensely with healing my skin.It feels great to apply and is very moisturizing. I only use three drops per use. I have oily skin, and I personally don't find it fast absorbing (although I mix it in with a creme moisturizer which is also not fast absorbing, which might contribute), but it doesn't interfere with makeup application, break up my makeup, or make make up wear for a shorter period. I am sensitive to smell (it's a trigger for migraines), and I do find this to have a slight vitamin-y oil smell. If you apply this as a last step and don't apply any products after, I find that it has a slight fish oil vitamin smell that can linger (even if I spray a rosewater or use a strong smelling oil like Sunday Riley UFO after). I am QUITE sensitive to smells though; this will sound pretentious, but I am a super taster (it's a real thing), if that gives you any idea. I don't think it will bother most people.This is a great price for a quality product that has really helped my skin.in reviews
Johana M.
Waltham, MA
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Johana M.
I bought this oil in store recommended for the seller however I don’t feel my skin is absorbing the product, instead is like it on it. I’m giving more time if I see differences on my skin:)
Chase R.
Wylie, TX
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Chase R.
I love this on top of a nice moisturizer especially before bed. I can’t use it in the morning before makeup or else my makeup will separate like crazy BUT over a nice night cream, it’s absolutely lovely and a great facial oil. You can also add it to your lotions or body exfoliants for a boost of hydration as it will seal in the moisture just that much more.
Nicole G.
Goshen, IN
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Nicole G.
Purchased at: ULTA
It's a yes! My skin is very dry and sensitive and I have to be very careful with retinols, acids, exfoliants, fragrances, etc... I did a lot of research between anti-aging, moisturizers, skin types, etc & I decided to give this a try. I added it as the last step in my night routine. It contains retinoids that are more mild so I don't burn my face off. Anti-aging benefits, tons of nourishment for skin, and noncomedogenic moisture all in one. I will use a c serum in the morning & then a retinol OR retinoid OR acid in the evening. Make sure to do your research before diving in & mixing the wrong things together!! This is excellent quality & gave me no irritation. Store in the fridge. I definitely recommend!
Khatia A.
Wilmington, DE
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Khatia A.
I have dry skin and always need extra hydration. I use every evening, 3-4 drops. As i know, it's also good for post acne scars, but I can't see many results yet. But i will continue to use it. It really improved texture of my skin and it's really moisturized ♥️
Chelsea M.
Hialeah, FL
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Chelsea M.
This is amazing. A little goes a long way. Literally a drop or two is enough. I love to mix it with my moisturizer. I use less of it because of that one drop. My face stats hydrated all day to the point that when I wash my face in the evening I feel like I'm washing off fresh product. Definitely recommend any the it's insanely inexpensive.
Shari S.
Lexington, KY
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Shari S.
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Shari S.
Purchased at: Sephora
This product was a new addition to my stash this winter and is here to stay ! Whether I have only moisturizer or makeup, I dab some rose hip oil on my face before stepping out in the freezing weather. It keeps my skin dewy and protects it from drying out. Would recommend this oil for dry aging skin.
Ashley R.
Mays Landing, NJ
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Ashley R.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is amazing for the price! This has been added to my daily regiment and I have seen such a difference in my skin. It has help moisturize my skin
Courtney  H.
Johns Creek, GA
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Courtney  H.
Purchased at: ULTA
The Ordinary’s 100% Cold Pressed Rosehip Oil Is 100% pure rosehip oil that is organic and cold pressed. This oil is pro Vitamin A and is rich in linoleic acid and linolenic acid. Being cold pressed preserves the quality of the oil. Rosehip oil can help reduce signs aging thats induced by UVA and UVB exposure, provide hydration and replenish lost moisture, and provide skin barrier support. ** I’m 36 and so far I have been lucky on aging. I don’t have any big wrinkle concerns yet , just some fine lines around my mouth from smiling so I can’t give an opinion on if this helped visible signs of aging. The small fine lines around my mouth have minimized over the past 6 months but I can’t say it was this product that did that. PROS: - Cruelty Free, alcohol free, silicone free, Vegan, sulfate free, paraben free - Lightweight - Absorbs quickly leaving skin smooth - Hydrated my skin. This would be great for those with dry skin. - Over time I noticed my skin becoming brighter and looking more healthy - Did not irritate my skin nor did it cause any breakouts. I actually think this has prevented me from the small breakouts I would see around that time of the month. CONS: - Like other Ordinary products I have noticed some piling occur on occasion - Has a natural scent but it is not overly strong to me but is a bit unpleasant (some do find it to be too strong)
Lindsay B.
Summerville, SC
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Lindsay B.
Purchased at: ULTA
Anytime I go to bed applying this oil I always wake up with my skin looking absolutely amazing!! Obsessed with this product as well as all profits from The Ordinary!!!
Debika D.
Kirkland, WA
Purchased at: Sephora
Their brand is one of the most, let me repeat THE MOST affordable yet very effective as well as clean I have ever seen in my life!!!! I was amazed by the quality of the product and their simple ingredients list! Where was I all this while splurging on sticky, expensive, broke-me-out moisturizers when the good stuff was just this bottle of oil! Yes my skin is oily at the t-zones but using this product has never broken me out. I do try to avoid this when my period cycle is around the corner just to avoid sensitizing my hormones! This product is now my go to moisturizer and I only need a tiny 2 drops of it. This small bottle lasts me for about 3 months of not longer. The picture shows how much I've used it and the product deposit on the dropper :D

368 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...