The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

This formulation uses 100% pure Rosehip Seed Oil that is both cold-pressed and organic. Rosehip Seed Oil is rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid and pro-vitamin A, all of which degrade when the oil extraction process involves heat. While cold-pressed extraction is complex, it preserves all of the quality of this important oil which has been shown to reduce signs of photo-aging and many other skin conditions.

Notes: Supplied in UV-protective packaging.

Our Rose Hip Seed Oil is completely unrefined and imparts a natural scent partly due to its high omega fatty acid content. This scent is not an indication of rancidity. Rose Hip Seed Oil that does not have a scent is refined and offers reduced benefits.

Usage: Apply once a day to the face, ideally at bedtime after application of water-based treatments. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Rosa Canina Seed Oil.

I'm still in the process of slowly integrating all of my new skincare stuff, so I need to get a sunscreen that I'm not allergic to. Once I do, do you all think it would be safe to switch and use my Borage Oil at night, and this Rosehip Seed Oil in the morning, as long as my last step before primer and makeup is the sunscreen?
I have PIE (red acne marks) left over from past breakouts. Is this good at fading those?
I love The Ordinary products but I’m wondering if this has a strong smell?
Start your review of The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...with glycolic acid), resulting in raw, red, peeling skin. Normally I have sensitive, oily skin, and I am going through an acne-prone phase (hence the addition of the Differin), so I was worried about the addition of an oil, but after some research and recommendations from trusted sources that the linoleic and linolenic acid would react well with - and, even better, be beneficial for - my skin type, I grabbed this up. I mix this in with my moisturizer (Vanicream) morning and night, and it has helped immensely with healing my skin.It feels great to apply and is very moisturizing. I only use three drops per use. I have oily skin, and I personally don't find it fast absorbing (although I mix it in with a creme moisturizer which is also not fast absorbing, which might contribute), but it doesn't interfere with makeup application, break up my makeup, or make make up wear for a shorter period. I am sensitive to smell (it's a trigger for migraines), and I do find this to have a slight vitamin-y oil smell. If you apply this as a last step and don't apply any products after, I find that it has a slight fish oil vitamin smell that can linger (even if I spray a rosewater or use a strong smelling oil like Sunday Riley UFO after). I am QUITE sensitive to smells though; this will sound pretentious, but I am a super taster (it's a real thing), if that gives you any idea. I don't think it will bother most people.This is a great price for a quality product that has really helped my skin.” in 14 reviews
san francisco
I love this Rosehip seed oil! Thanks to Liah Yoo’s YouTube channel, I was able to discover that using oils on your face won’t cause me more pimples!!! My skin type is combo with really dry cheek area and slightly oily T zone. I have been using this oil for a while now and I can say my skin has looked the best while I used this! People tell me my skin looks so glowy and healthy. For me, personally I like to use this oil by putting two drops with my moisturizer. I mix them in the palm of my and before putting it on my face. This is just because I don’t like the feeling of putting straight oil on my face! I think it works better to evenly spread out the oil too. I haven’t been using it in the summer, because I usually just use a light moisturizer, but I’ll definitely be picking one up again when the weather gets cooler !
Brooklyn, NY
The Ordinary. 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil uploaded by Monique F.
Purchased at: Sephora
I started this about 6 months ago when completely revamping my skincare routine with The Ordinary products. Consistency wise, it’s an oil and the smell is unoffending at least to me. If you don’t store it properly or you keep one bottle for 6 months like I did, it might start to have a strong smell. At that point I’d say get a new bottle. I have to say, as an oily lady I was very hesitant to try skin oil. Every time I thought about slathering an oil on my face I had images of oil spills in the ocean, a greasy pole and oil dripping off of a pizza. I am happy to report that there was no such oil disaster after using this product. In fact, I’ll very reluctantly call this product a holy grail type. My skin did not suffer any breakouts from the added oil and it looks very supple and is so unbelievably soft. At first I attributed this to Buffet, but even after my bottle of Buffet finished and I continued on with my routine, my skin kept getting softer and more supple so I’ll give credit to this oil. At night this is my last step or second to last step if I choose to use a sleeping mask. For the price and effectiveness, you can’t go wrong.
Combination, Sensitive / Acne, Large Pores, Sensitivity / Dark Circles
Franklin
It does hydrate and keep its promises. However, the smell is a tough one for me. It doesn’t linger for too long but it’s enough to where I kind of dread this step in my regimen. For me, my skincare is close to the only alone and “me” time I get in my days full of lots of kiddos and a farm to run, so when there is something less than pleasant I tend to want to avoid it. Ha! That being said, it always helps when my skin is really in need of calming or moisture so I can always count on the results. It’s a keeper for me but not a daily use !
Combination / Blackheads, Dullness, Large Pores / Dark Circles, Fine Lines
Palmyra, NJ
I give this five stars because of the crazy affordable price point. If you're looking to try out some new face products but don't want to spend lots of money, you HAVE to go to The Ordinary. I like this face oil because it feels so soft and luxurious on the face. It's got kind of a thick consistency and I think this is going to be a really great oil for the winter months. I don't use it every night as I should, but it's my go to when my face is feeling dry. Definitely recommend!
Dry / Acne, Dullness, Fine Lines
I have heard a great many things about rose hip oil and when I saw it was being sold on the Ordinary, I just had to try it out myself. While I feel the oil does provide a weightless extra barrier of moisture, I have noted of little difference to my hyperpigmentation and breakouts. Also, I’ve noticed mild itchiness over my dry patches along my chin. I’m uncertain if I may be allergic to the product but I’m willing to give it another try.
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Puffiness / Dark Circles, Fine Lines
Huntingdon Vy, PA
So this oil definitely does the job with moisturizing, but it suuuuuuper heavy and thick as soon as you put it on. I usually use this after the BHA AHA peel since it's a harsher chemical peel, but I still wake up oily/shiny the next morning. It works well when you're super dry or have sunburn, but not going to lie it smells WEIRD. Like I was seriously almost gagging the first time I used it lol so just be aware.
Combination / Blackheads, Large Pores / Dark Circles
Ann Arbor, MI
I have oily skin, so I never thought using a face oil would benefit me. After reading reviews and seeing the results of others, I thought this oil was too cheap not to try. I have been using this nightly for six weeks and have noticed my hyperpigmentation lightening. I use it about an hour before going to bed so it has a chance to "soak in". I was hesitant, but I'm glad I added oil to my nighttime routine.
Oily / Dullness, Large Pores, Uneven Skin Tone
I love the ordinary products in general but this has helped my skin a lot. Very moisturizing and has been a part of my nightly routine. If you have very sensitive I do not recommend using this product. People have told me this product made them break out. Not everything works for everyone’s skin. We all have different skin types. If you have acne prone skin or very dry skin then I recommend this product.
Dark Spots / Dark Circles
I use many products from The Ordinary's line and this is one of three of their oils that I use every night in my night time routine.  I end my routine with oils and then a sleeping mask and this is the first of the three oils that I apply after moisturizer.  Tones down redness, fights free radicals, great price tag.  Will never stop using this as I've been using it for about 16 months now.
Mature / Dullness, Fine Lines, Sun Damage / Puffiness, Fine Lines, Dry Eyes
I have been using TO rose hip seed oil for a couple of years and it has become a staple in my skincare regime. I use it in multiple ways and it helps to keep my oily t zone less oily in the hot weather months and helps to keep my skin hydrated in the colder months. I will forever buy this oil. It is a bonus that it is reasonably priced and available at sephora and Ulta.
Combination / Large Pores, Fine Lines, Scarring / Dark Circles, Fine Lines

133 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...