The Ordinary
1% Retinol Oil 30ml

The Ordinary 1% Retinol Oil 30ml

by The Ordinary

The 1% Retinol Oil from cult-favourite skincare brand The Ordinary is a concentrated anti-ageing treatment that effectively reduces the appearance of signs of premature ageing. The stabilised formula contains pure Retinol, which has been extensively studied to deliver a visible reduction in the look of fine lines and photo damage such as discolouration. The creamy, emulsion-based formula leaves your complexion feeling smoother and more refined, and can be diluted to minimise irritation while your skin becomes more tolerant to the treatment. Free from oil, alcohol and nuts. Vegan. Cruelty free. Not suitable for sensitive skin.

What stage do you apply this product?
Has anyone tried this product? I am stuck between purchasing this one but not sure how oily it is? I appreciate your time guys!
Does this work? [user:tristan]
Start your review of The Ordinary 1% Retinol Oil 30ml!
How would you rate this product?
e G.
woodbridge, VA
I have Struggled with Acne and acne Scars. When I tell you this product got Rid of my acne scars so fast I was shocked how will this retinol from ordinary worked. I used it for a week and my acne scars were gone and I was very Surprised because I have used retinol from other brands and so far this one looks like it’s working.
Lavonne L.
Tulsa, OK
I love love love The Ordinary. Not only are they inexpensive but they have the highest quality skin care products I have ever used. I have extremely sensitive skin and it is hard for me to find anything that wont hurt it. This is the most gentle line imaginable. They also have specialists that will assist you in selecting the right product for you. I wish I could give 100 stars.
Christina P.
Holbrook, NY
I can’t say enough about The Ordinary. Wow. Affordable price and professional results. I have yet to find a product I didn’t like. Strong, fast acting, clean looking packaging. I highly recommend the ordinary
Trista N.
Ormond Beach, FL
I love any of the Ordinarys products. You cant beat the price and they work!! This oil is no exception. The oil is light and soaks right into your skin. Its not too harsh on sensitive skin
Stephanie E.
Sunnyvale, CA
I love this product! Im sad that this one is discontinued. I hope they bring it back. It makes my face feel fresh and has made the pores in my skin less noticeable.
Theresa B.
Oakland, CA
I love this and I wish they still made this formula—the silicone base doesn’t cause me problems, and it stays put so much better than the retinol in squalane. I’m still stocking up on this on eBay, it’s that good.
Christal M.
Ellenwood, GA
This great for working on skins texture and tone. Best used at night and be sure to wear sun screen.
Sarah T.
Bloomington, IN
This is way too harsh of a retinol, It causes irritation and peeling so you have to stop using it and then it’s kind of useless. Go for a softer retinoid from the ordinary like The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane 30ml which causes no sensitivity and irritation for me. I will admit that after I tried this product for a week and it peeled my face completely I waited a few months and then used it again when I thought that I really needed to fix some pigmentation scarring pimple stuff but it didn’t really help and it again peeled my face completely so maybe this time I won’t use it again who knows.
Jen F.
Charlotte, NC
Love that this is a no frills Retinol product for a good price. I replaced my skinceuticals retinol with this and haven’t noticed a difference. I use a prescription strength Retin A so my skin can handle this level of retinol without a problem, but if you’re not a retinol user this can cause flaking or irritation...if new use this a few nights per week for starters and work your way up to nightly as tolerated.
Jewels G.
I love everything about this product. It absorbs into my skin nicely and doesn’t leave any type of residue or sticky feeling. It’s perfect for my oily skin because it balances out the oils quite nicely. I use it at night and when I wake up, my skin is brighter and looks well rested. Great product and totally recommended.