BY THE OFFICE #3 in TV

• Who's your favourite character?6 Answers
Brigitte M.
Champaign, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
To be perfectly honest, I never watched The Office while it aired on TV. All of my friends quoted it so much but I never knew that they that were talking about a TV show, I just thought they were clever. After binge watching on Netflix I finally understood all of the jokes that my friends had repeated relentlessly for years. Now I'm in the know. Look out world, "that's what she said".
Angelica B.
It doesn't take much to fall completely in love with The Office. It has humor, romance, drama and even cringe worthy moments (granted that's the style of comedy involved). The characters are easy to relate to, loveable and will be the reason you laugh until your belly hurts. I highly recommend watching the full series as it's a memorable experience.
Mestude V.
Bridgeport, CT
After reading all of the horrible reviews coming from the UK, I felt the strong desire to comment. I learned that most of the reviewers bashing it have only seen a few (at most) episodes from the first season - many haven't seen it at all, and are simply bashing it because of an overwhelming sense of pride in the original. I'd be surprised if this review isn't skimmed over and marked unhelpful by them. Obviously I'm not speaking to all the British, but the majority that unfairly judge this show with little to no basis in the truth.

This whole fanaticism is juvenile and petty. The casts of the US and UK versions love each show. Ricky Gervais even wrote and executive produced a few episodes of the US version. Open your minds, people! Most of the US fans KNOW that it's based on a British version. It has gotten the credit it deserves for being a brilliant and hilarious show.

But the American version is also brilliant and hilarious. I've read comments ranging from 'bad acting' to 'direct copy', neither of which are true. The first season may have had its borrowed bits, but that was to get it on its feet. The second and third seasons have proved that it is a show entirely on its own, with scenarios and characters having NOTHING to do with the UK version at all. The acting is just as convincing and real as the UK version.

I've even read that Michael Scott is devoid of David Brent's humanity! In actuality, Michael Scott is shown as far more human than David Brent, who was more manipulative (albeit, poorly) and heartless. The US version still has the cruel elements of the UK version, but it balances these awkward, painful moments with tender, human moments, which makes it more enjoyable and watchable.

As for the humor, each show has its own moments of subtlety, detail, absolutely outrageous moments, awkwardness, pain, cuteness, ridiculousness, and vulgarity. The UK version was groundbreaking. But instead of blindly basing your opinions on bias and arrogance, see the US version for what it is - a brilliant, brighter version that, in its first season, simply used the framework of the original (the characters and basic situations) to get started with.

This is the funniest, smartest American television show in recent history besides Arrested Development. Not since Seinfeld has a show made me laugh so hard and smile so much. These three shows get better with each viewing and are great because there's so many levels of humor, from the apparent outrageousness to the minute details that are noticed after repeated viewings and
Haley S.
Benton, KY
If I could give this show 100 stars I would. This is by far the funniest show I've ever watched. Me and my husband are on our 7th round of watching it all the way through and it's just as funny now as it was the first time (if not even funnier!) The Office has great character development, hilarious writing and the sense of humor is so great! Who knew so much love, laughter and 'that's what she said' jokes could come from a little paper company in Scranton, PA.
Mariah R.
Byron, MN
I have to say that this in my opinion is horrible. I can't stand the camera angles or the shakiness of it, it's like they filmed it with their phone. Another thing that I don't like is how yes its a scripted show they film and look into the camera like it would be a reality show which I am not fond of either. Also, this show isn't funny for me.
Luz Y.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This show is so stupid, I love it. Michael Scott cracks me up. My favorite scene would have to be the CPR episode. I prefer watching the older seasons when Michael was there. Oh and I loved Michael’s dirty joke when he came to Angela and Dwight’s wedding.
The Office Universal OFFICE: SEASON TWO BY THE OFFICE (DVD) [4 DISCS]The Office: Season Nine - The Final Season (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) (Widescreen)The Office: Season Eight (Blu-ray) (Widescreen)
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I watched the series The Office at the advice of my husband. He had enjoyed watching Modern Family with me and felt these had similar formats (breaking the 4th wall and acknowledging the cameras, etc). We enjoyed watching the episodes together on Netflix throughout the summer. They are short episodes, about 20-25 minutes without commercials. They are lighthearted and mindless. Easy to watch after work when you just want to relax without much thought.
Ainsley F.
Portland, OR
Loved this show, the original English version and the American version. Of course it was sad when Michael Scott left and when Jim married Pam instead of me, but I like to put this on at night to fall asleep to. I really like that you dont have to have a frame of reference for each episode, you can really hop around with no problems.
Amanda W.
This show is so funny! I feel like shows like this appeal to a certain audience and you either love it or you hate it. I started watching this show after I finished Parks and Recreation (which I was obsessed with) and it is fairly similar! It has a similar sense of humor and the way it is filmed is also similar (distorted angles, people looking in the camera). I think this series is super funny and I highly recommend giving it a shot!
Carrie P.
The Office is hands down my favorite show! I've seen every episode at least 8 times and it really never gets old. Michael Scott is an endearingly lovable, yet cringe-worthy man that sometimes has strokes of genius. Dwight Schrute is power-hungry, eclectic, and often times selfish, but is one of my favorites. The whole ensemble is hilarious and the hijinks they get up to are pretty original. One of the most quote-worthy shows!
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Who's your favorite character? It's too hard for me to pick just one!
Olivia S.
Mississauga
Best couple? (In your opinion)
Darian P.
Fairfield, CA
What are some of your favorite quotes form The Office?
Courtney L.
Erikah O.
York, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Is this show worth watching?