BY THE OFFICE #9 in TV

• Should this be the next show I binge?8 Answers
  • Who's your favourite character?6 Answers
Ashley C.
Hemaruka
I started watching this recently because it seems to be all the rave! Through the first season I found it quite dry, I was not all that impressed but I continued ti watch it because everyone else loved it and I wanted to find a reason to love it as well. At this point I do not love it, but I still watch it. There is humour in it and if I am bored of my usual shows I'll turn it on to break up my binge's.
Jordan V.
Ponoka , AB
This show was hilarious and intriguing in its early seasons. Steve Carrell is hilarious as Michael Scott, and one of the reasons I watched the show to begin with.
My favourite scene is the episode where they are learning CPR and they all start singing "Stayin Alive."

I only gave this 3 stars though because I lost interest after season 6 I believe. By then everything I had wanted to happen, happened and it just got boring afterwards.
EZX Anna C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I like this show, very much like the life of any real office ). As in any office, everything happens, employees swear, make up, joke, tolerate the antics of their boss. Actors during the filming sometimes improvise and it's great and not ordinary!
Paola D.
I started seeing this series on this year and i'm on the 6th season already on the first season i couldn't understand how this could be a good series, the actors were charismatic and the acting were very good but there was almost no story that i could follow and Michael seemed like a very hateable person. on the second season things started to pick up a bit but nothing so special. from the third season to the sixth i got completely hooked because after all there is a story to follow, a very interesting one, and Michael is in fact a genius and that is more evident on the fifth and sixth seasons. if someone believes that Michael does something that goes against the objectives that he has inside the company (even if a lot of times it seems that he does). I'm sure that that person isn't really understanding what's the main philosophy behind Michael's character. Took me 3 seasons to understand Michael Scott and it was because of that, that i didn't liked the series very much, after that, loved it, now it's one of my favorite series now. When you do understand all the characters, besides being very entertaining and delightful to watch, it is going to blow your mind..BOOM!
wafae B.
sauvian
il ma fallu quelques essais pour vraiment entrer dans cette série, mais maintenant il tient une place si spéciale dans mon cœur. Un peu comme Parks and Rec, ou 30 Rock, c'est un type d'humour spécifique que l'on peut lire comme "lent" à certains publics. Cela étant dit, si vous voulez une série vraiment décontractée (et pourtant captivante et engageante) pour vérifier cela est pour vous. Il y a beaucoup d'humour décalé propre aux personnages de la série que j'aime. Je suis très attaché à cette série! Tout le monde devrait essayer de le regarder au moins une fois!
Shae-Lynn S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my son's top 3 Favorite comedy sitcoms of all time! Despite all the rage, surprisingly we didn't watch any of the nine series when they aired from 2005-2012, but I've watched them time and time again since then! I have a 12 year old daughter and a 17 year old son who both watch the series on Netflix now, so it shows just how diverse and massive an audience this relatable comedy appeals to!! While it took me a few episodes to get in to it, the dry humour quickly grows on you! Every character, from Michael, Dwight, Jim, Andy, Kevin, Pam, Phyllis, Meredith (and too many more to count) all contribute to the hilarity of the show with their individual quirks and diverse personalities. While every episode was bound to make you laugh, they still managed to weave in good storylines that were so relatable. So thankful this is on Netflix because this will always be a regular in our house! Timeless classic!!
nikki m.
As a fan of the original "Office" I was, of course, skeptical about the American remake. We have many shining beacons to shows that have bombed badly when transferred across the ocean. However, pinch me I must be dreaming, this version of the show is actually very good. I should also point out that I'm British and, as blasphemous as it might be to my fellow countrymen, I believe that the US version to be every bit as good as the original with excellent casting and smart writing throughout.

The first season was a little spotty, especially when translating the British show verbatim. However, once the writers came up with original story lines and situations the, American, office really took off. The second season was an incredible achievement and is just carrying on where it left off in the third season.

Steve Carell is well suited to the role of Micheal Scott, lending his character a certain pathetic quality that even Gervais's David Brent did not have at times. The supporting cast is equally as good, especially Rainn Wilson as the assistant (to the) general manager, Dwight Shrute. Wilson deserved, at least, an Emmy nomination for his troubles.

If you dismiss the show out of hand then you will definitely be missing out on one of the best shows on TV
Lesleyanne B.
Lonsdale Road, Liverpool
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is so much funnier than the UK version. The only thing I don't like is Andy and Ryan ( I find them annoying), my other half has re-watched this quite a few times, I find it one of those shows I can dip in and out of but never feel like I don't know what is going on.
Sarah A.
Langdon
I hated it. Found it so boring and idiotic. I don't get the purpose of this show and it just annoys me to watch. It's defiantly not my thing. And I don't think it's good acting at all which I think is kind of the point. But some love some hate. It just isn't my thing at all
Kait I.
I watched the British version of The Office and became a fan - as almost everyone. So I decided to see if the American version was as good as the original. A doubt feeling emerged at the first episode, since I still was with the original - and awesome - characters in mind. They were not just funny, but peculiar, inimitable. I didn't let this impression ruin my experience, though. Gladly. The American version is obviously inspired in the British version, but they are not the same. Simple like this. The American characters are not mere counterparts of David, Tim, Gareth, Dawn... They are hole new versions of the kind of people we can easily find in any office. And equally inspired versions of these workers. Since I've lost several episodes when they aired for the first time, I'm now at the third season, and I will surely see all the episodes through the end. More than one time...
Jessica H.
Oklahoma City, OK
Who's your favorite character? It's too hard for me to pick just one!
Olivia S.
Mississauga
Best couple? (In your opinion)
Darian P.
Fairfield, CA
What are some of your favorite quotes form The Office?
Courtney L.
Erikah N.
York, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Is this show worth watching?