BY THE OFFICE #3 in TV

• Should this be the next show I binge?8 Answers
  • Who's your favourite character?6 Answers
Shazi L.
Brooklyn, NY
Even though the last couple of seasons kind of faltered, this show is such a classic and a must-watch. It is absolutely hysterical, but it's more than your average comedy. The camera angles alone make this show amazing, but the characters themselves are great, and you'll find yourself getting emotionally invested before you know it. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've definitely cried during more than a few scenes! This is the kind of show you can rewatch endlessly, and still laugh as if you're seeing the jokes for the first time. It might even be better during the rewatch since you'll be laughing in anticipation of what you know is to come!
Sarah G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I've only gotten around to seeing the first few seasons of the show but I love it! It's quite funny and I really like the little short interviews with the characters in each episode because those are just small tidbits of humor that really add to the uniqueness of the show. I love Jim and Pam and Steve Carell is just so perfectly annoying but hilarious. It's also great that you can just pick an episode and watch it and still have fun, without having to go through a season in the order of the episodes.
Nyomi D.
milwaukee
the office holds a special place in my heart. michael scott may just be the best character of all time. the show is hilarious, witty, and how can you not love it with the pam and jim love story?!

of course after steve carrell left the show it struggled. big time. :(

i've seen the entire series at least 4 times and you can often find it as background noise in my apartment. highly recommend if youre looking for a 30 minute show that will make you laugh out loud
Kendra R.
Apopka, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great show!! You have to watch multiple episodes to really get the feel of the series. Michael can drive me crazy beyond belief but I grew to love him by the end of it.
Grace W.
Franklin, TN
This review is coming from someone who has watched the series 7 times from start to finish. The show starts out as a good laugh, but as you continue on the seasons, you grow to love each and every character, from the core characters of Dunder Mifflin such as Dwight, Jim or Angela, or the recurring characters with their own stories, such as Jan or David Wallace. Despite the exaggeration of the characters, you'll find yourself relating to them. I love this show with my entire heart and I guarantee you will too!
Sarah H.
Brookville, IN
I have been a huge fan of THE OFFICE ever since its first season. And, up to and including the very last episode, I am glad I did. The Series was original in its premise and execution, the pseudo-documentary format opening up numerous previously little explored avenues of storytelling. And it was great fun to watch.

The setting (the office of a small branch of paper-selling company) and the stories (everyday life of the people found working in such a low-prospects jobs) seem mundane at first. And there lies the magic of the creators. For (if the endless strings of CSIs are any indication) it not hard to create good TV with car chases, gadgets and explosions. It is extremely hard to make excellent TV with only the everyday grind to work with. It seems effortless only because they made it look easy.

The brief one-way interviews each character had with the camera functioned as either prefatory summaries of stories about to unfold (building up the anticipation) or as instances of pushing back, yet never breaking, the forth wall, and, thus, making the viewing experience more personal and involving. All without the show ever loosing its step.

Producing, directing and writing will only get you so far without the right cast. And THE OFFICE enjoyed such stellar cast. Steve Carell may have risked getting typecast by creating the unforgettable character of Michael Scott but it was worth it. Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) served first as the precarious love interest and then as the familiar friends you care about and the rest of the cast was one successful pick after another. From hypochondriac and hypercritical (not to mention hypocritical) Angela Martin (Angela Kinsey) to perky Kelly Erin Hannon (Ellie Kemper), I could not imagine anyone else portraying these memorable characters. However, the show stealer has always been obsessive nerd Dwight Schrute, portrayed to perfection by Rainn Wilson.

Purists and snobs will try to argue that the precursor British Series was better. Strangely for someone who usually finds Hollywood remakes watered down and bland, in this case I strongly disagree. The US version was much better. It had the perfect mix of familiar workday desperation and sweet quirkiness to make it a weekly craved addiction. In contrast, I found the BBC version too mean for my taste. Maybe one should have grown up in a cruel class system carved out by accent hues and prep-school rankings to appreciate it; however, during the handful of episodes I managed to watch I found myself laughing at the characters, not with them, and then felt bad about it. Anyway, in all honesty, how could Gareth ever compare to Dwight!

The series is unique in another aspect as well: it respected its viewers. Every producer, director and writer wants to make his or hers memorable splash so we often end up with unnecessary cliffhangers, ambiguous endings or unsatisfying closures. Not so with THE OFFICE. No spoilers but I will just state that the show does not disappoint to the very end
Alyssa E.
Garner, NC
A moving and motivating show I think everyone should watch. They adopt the camera crew documentary type filming that brings you a lot closer to the characters by seeing what they're thinking when they get interviewed. I absolutely love the relationship Jim and Pam have. The show reveals the intimate details that change their friendship into a serious relationship. The last few seasons weren't as good since Michael left but still has great episodes
Eric R.
Columbus
Hands down, this is my favorite TV series of all time. This show is extremely influential on pop culture, and is far different from any other TV show of its kind. It started a revolution in TV comedy, being one of the first popular series to not have a laugh track after every joke. The jokes in the show are subtle and it gives you the ability to laugh objectively at what you think is funny without bias from the show. The actors are phenomenal and each individual character brings a unique flavoring to the shows overall mood.
sky p.
This series (not to sound dramatic) seriously changed my life. I have never seen anything so captivating and entertaining. I watched the entire series within a month and fell in love with every character. I could write an entire book on how amazingly talented the cast was, and how the story lines put me through every emotion possible. I would reccomend this show to anyone!
Natalie P.
Rocklin , CA
For this to pop up as something to review for me they must know me! It has humor, love, and friendship. It's truly a bing worthy show! A must see. Even if you've seen it before every time you watch it's like the first time you notice new things and can't even get tired of it. Michaels naive childlike mentality makes you wish him happiness for all he wants his friends and love and to watch the stories of the loves actually play out to be something great is everything. It's my favorite show of all time.
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Who's your favorite character? It's too hard for me to pick just one!
Olivia S.
Mississauga
Best couple? (In your opinion)
Darian P.
Fairfield, CA
What are some of your favorite quotes form The Office?
Courtney L.
Erikah O.
York, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Is this show worth watching?