BY THE OFFICE #3 in TV

• Should this be the next show I binge?8 Answers
  • Who's your favourite character?6 Answers
Audrey K.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
These characters were my friends in college. (I didn't have a social life.) But I've not watched the last episode because I cannot imagine saying goodbye to this show!
Shanna J.
Mount Vernon , OH
I'd give it a 3.5 as it is funny but a little dry. I feel like you have to have a dry humor to really enjoy the show. Iand the comical scenes are really just so funny bc of how dumb they are.
Anais C.
Fresno, CA
This show is so hilarious! I recently just had my boyfriend watch it and he's hooked! It's our every night show and always end up having a great laugh before bed! I would definitely recommend.
April G.
Burbank, CA
This show is funny and heartwarming. It gets funnier the longer you watch it. Steve Carell is so good at making the audience feel uncomfortable. I know that sounds weird, but it is hilarious!
dam m.
Santa Clarita, CA
The Office will certainly stand out as one of the best comedies of its time, and for many one of the best of all time. Even after being off the air for a few years now, the show holds up very well. While it probably is guilty of holding on too long, and the show definitely lost something when Steve Carell left the show toward the end of season 7, it still had some very funny moments in the final two seasons. By now most people reading this will know the show enough that I will not spend much time reviewing the show itself. For those who have not seen it, it is a sitcom adapted from a British series of the same name, where a documentary film crew follows the day to day lives of people working for a paper supply company. It was definitely a different kind of sitcom. It did not rely on laugh tracks and could be very edgy for network TV. It truly was an ensemble cast, but Steve Carell's character Michael Scott was definitely the glue that held all the characters and story lines together. He managed to be a complete doofus in one moment, caring and protective in another, and even very cunning the next. It honestly would not have worked as well with anyone else in that role.

For me the best episodes of the series were the beach episode, Steve Carell's final episode, the wedding in Niagra Falls, and the series Finale. Even in the last two years there was really not a bad episode, although none of them were as good as the show was at its pinnacle (aside from the last few episodes of the series). I do think they ended the show perfectly, and Steve Carell's very understated two-line cameo was a great way to bring him back, without him dominating the entire show. It would have been nice to have included him in the final scenes though.

It is important to note that this set is just the individual season sets packaged together. There are no complete series bonus material. So if you already own the individual seasons, there is no reason to get this. The one advantage the physical DVDs have over streaming is you get a ton of extra features, especially in the early seasons. There are deleted scenes from every episode, and commentary tracks on many episodes in seasons 1 through 7. All the actors except Steve Carell make multiple appearances on the commentary tracks along with various writers, directors and producers. The only track that was really bad was BJ Novak and a couple catering people talking about what everyone on set liked to eat. But otherwise they usually gave good insight into a particular episode or story line. There were also blooper reels from each season, webisodes which appeared on NBC.com during the series run, and various promos done around the Olympics and Super Bowl. In season 8 there are the deleted scenes and blooper reel, as well as a half hour long look back at the show with interviews of the cast and crew, as well as casting tapes showing auditions of well known actors who did not get parts on the show and from those that were ultimately cast. All in all a ton of material for those who like going through all the extras.

Like I said earlier, you likely know by now where you stand with the show. If you loved it while it was on the air, or just heard about how great it is, but have only seen a couple episodes here and there, this is definitely worth getting. It is a great comedy that will hold up for years to come.
Buddy C.
This is one show that actually does get better as it goes on. I watched every episode via Netflix, before bed. It's always hilarious and you can relate to the characters in some way.
Anees F.
Kansas City, MO
I was so totally surprised by this show. My husband wanted me to watch it so bad and finally we did and i am loving it !!! It is really good. The pranks the humor ...awesome !!!
Caroline G.
Atlanta
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my top five favorite shows. The first season starts off kinda slow but the character development and the humor and incomparable once it gets going. I love the whole love story with Jim and Pam and I would DEFINITELY recommend this show to anybody.
Rachel V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The office is a great show! it can be hard to watch depending on your sense of humor. It is about a group of office coworkers that deal with their daily drama in their own special way.
Kaitlyn K.
Streamwood, IL
It broke my heart that this show ended. It was quite possibly my favorite show ever. It never gets old. When there is nothing on TV I will hop onto Netflix and watch it. <3
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Who's your favorite character? It's too hard for me to pick just one!
Olivia S.
Mississauga
Best couple? (In your opinion)
Darian P.
Fairfield, CA
What are some of your favorite quotes form The Office?
Courtney L.
Erikah O.
York, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Is this show worth watching?