BY THE OFFICE #3 in TV

• Should this be the next show I binge?8 Answers
  • Who's your favourite character?6 Answers
Kym B.
Athol, MA
What a simply brilliant, hysterical and addictive show.
As soon as the show starts, you are thrown head-first into these already developed characters that you instantly begin to be fond of.
This show is so relate-able because there is no Evil vs. Good, villains or unrealistic plots and characters. This show feels so real. The actors are your typical "humans" just trying to do their job at work day by day and you get to follow their struggles, frustration, good times and sad moments.

The Office is set up almost like a documentary. They have a camera crew following the employees of a paper company around the office day by day and you begin to feel you're with the employees just by watching. You will root for them to do their best with all the obstacles they all face day in and day out.

Spoiler:
When Steve Carrell leaves the show, it is definitely heart-breaking and leaves you with a different feel for the rest of the show. Nonetheless, the show still is wonderful. You still love the characters that are left.
This will always be one of my favorite shows.
Savannah S.
The Office is great comedy that brings every type of humor. Between the office manager and his cringeworthy comments to the employees with their love interest and personal lives, there's something that will make everyone laugh.
Kayla G.
San Antonio, TX
This is my favorite show. The comedy, the love stories, the actors, it's the whole package. I can watch it's from start to finish over & over again. It's seriously never gets old! I love it so much! Everyone needs to see it!
Eli (Gb33843) P.
. And THE OFFICE enjoyed such stellar cast. Steve Carell may have risked getting typecast by creating the unforgettable character of Michael Scott but it was worth it. Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) served first as the precarious love interest and then as the familiar friends you care about and the rest of the cast was one successful pick after another. From hypochondriac and hypercritical (not to mention hypocritical) Angela Martin (Angela Kinsey) to perky Kelly Erin Hannon (Ellie Kemper), I could not imagine anyone else portraying these memorable characters. However, the show stealer has always been obsessive nerd Dwight Schrute, portrayed to perfection by Rainn Wilson. Purists and snobs will try to argue that the precursor British Series was better. Strangely for someone who usually finds Hollywood remakes watered down and bland, in this case I strongly disagree. The US version was much better. It had the perfect mix of familiar workday desperation and sweet quirkiness to make it a weekly craved addiction. In contrast, I found the BBC version too mean for my taste. Maybe one should have grown up in a cruel class system carved out by accent hues and prep-school rankings to appreciate it; however, during the handful of episodes I managed to watch I found myself laughing at the characters, not with them, and then felt bad about it. Anyway, in all honesty, how could Gareth ever compare to Dwight! The series is unique in another aspect as well: it respected its viewers. Every producer, director and writer wants to make his or hers memorable splash so we often end up with unnecessary cliffhangers, ambiguous endings or unsatisfying closures. Not so with THE OFFICE. No spoilers but I will just state that the show does not disappoint to the very end
Aisha K.
Spring Lake, NC
My husband and I watch this show all the time. It's something we can put on in the background while we do chores. It is similar to Parks and Recreation and Arrested Development. Id recommend this show over and over and over.
Amy S.
I cannot describe in words how much I love The Office. This television series it what seriously mad my day brighter. I was very depressed and did not have friends to turn to, and The Office made me feel like I was a part of something super special. The jokes honestly have to be funny to you. There are immature jokes, but that is who the whole character of Michael Scott is. If you do not like that humour, you will not enjoy this show as much because this is that raunchy humour that only certain people find funny. It is such an adventure to watch and it really shows the everyday struggle of normal working American lives. The relationships, the turmoil, the people. It gives you a real look into Amerocan workplace. I think it will forever be my favorite television show.
Britian R.
Taylorsville, UT
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I use to think this show was so dumb before i got with my husband. He taught me out to love to stupid humor. We've watched it multiple times all the way though.
Shery H.
Wilmington, DE
Hands down my favorite TV comedy. This introduced me to the mockumentary format, which I absolutely love. I also appreciate the lack of laugh tracks. It takes a few episodes to get used to the strange format, but once you get into it, it is probably the most hilarious thing you've ever played on your television. Steve Carrell is my absolute favorite comedian, however the other characters in the show are so funny in their own way as well. The characters are wonderful and well thought-out, and the show is just full of funny lines that you will be quoting for the rest of your life. Even after Steve Carrell left, I still felt compelled to watch the show, and people like Rainn Wilson and Ed Helms kept me watching. I still loved it until the last episode.
Lindsea W.
I LOVE The Office! I have watched it all the way through too many times to count and I’m sure I will continue to! I love Dwight! Highly recommend this show for something to watch when you don’t want to have to over think!
Jacey V.
This show is one of my top 3 favorite shows. It is a dry humor so be prepared. This is a show that you get invested in each of the characters. My friends and I commonly use punch lines from the show in our daily conversations. It impacted us that much!

If anything, watch this show for Dwight, and the relationship between Jim and Dwight! Anytime I meet someone who has watched the show I ask what their top 5 favorite characters are. Someone's top 5 will tell you a lot about the person. Plus it's interesting hearing why they chose those characters. Here are my top 5
1. Dwight and Jim (their partnership is priceless)
2. Jim and Pams relationship and chemistry
3. Oscar
4. Kevin
5. Stanley

Overall, you can't go wrong with this show!! BEETS, BEARS, BATTLESTAR GLACTICA
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Who's your favorite character? It's too hard for me to pick just one!
Olivia S.
Mississauga
Best couple? (In your opinion)
Darian P.
Fairfield, CA
What are some of your favorite quotes form The Office?
Courtney L.
Erikah O.
York, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Is this show worth watching?