BY NICHOLAS SPARKS #7 in Movies

Behind every great love is a great story. As teenagers, Allie (Rachel McAdams) and Noah (Ryan Gosling) begin a whirlwind courtship that soon blossoms into tender intimacy. The young couple is quickly separated by Allie's upper-class parents who insist that Noah isn't right for her. Several years pass, and when they meet again, their passion is rekindled, forcing Allie to choose between her soulmate and class order. This beautiful tale has a particularly special meaning to an older gentleman (James Garner) who regularly reads the timeless love story to his aging companion (Gena Rowlands). Based on the best-selling novel by Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook is at once heartwarming and heartbreaking and will capture you in its sweeping and emotional force.

• What's your favorite scene?1 Answers
  • What are your favorite Nicolas sparks books?4 Answers
  • Am I the only girl who is not obsessed with this movie...5 Answers
The Notebook
  • "It's one of those movies that will never get old to watch and every time you watch it, it's the same feelings and it will make you cry." in 35 reviews
  • "The ultimate romantic movie and amazing love story... Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling have crazy chemistry too so they sizzle on screen!" in 22 reviews
  • "I love watching this movie with my girlfriends, even though it makes me cry every time I watch it but who does not love Ryan Gosling in a love story ugh yes!" in 22 reviews
  • "One of my favorite movies, it is a romance movie based on true events that strikes the romantic in everyone!" in 20 reviews
  • "I would highly recommend this movie, it is a tear jerker no doubt about it but a lovely movie non the less. " in 19 reviews
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
If you are the romantic types & love to watch love stories this movie is a must to see. The storyline is great & it gives you new twists & turns throughout the movie. The chemistry between main characters is awesome. It makes me emotional every single time is watch it. It's a beautiful movie about love & hearbreaks. I absolutely recommend this movie.
Brittany D.
Kermit , WV
This movie is a must watch! They couldn't have picked any two better actors for this role you believe everything that they do in every scene for awhile you get lost in the movie and can feel all the emotions of the movie! Their chemistry and love story is such a heart warming and emotional love spell that you get lost in their love
Krisi H.
Honey Grove, TX
This movie doesn't even need a review. It is amazing and everyone should watch it! That's all that needs to be said. But just know this is the greatest love story I have ever experienced and it will make you think about your true love and or the one that got away if you have that in your life. You will need Kleenexes...
Heather C.
Lake Village, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
While not quite as good as reading the book this movie is a true love story sure to leave you crying and smiling with complete fondness by the end. The romantic entanglement of Noah and Allie as told by Noah many years later while him and Allie are in the nursing home due to Allies dementia.
Kayla A.
Washington, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Makes me cry every time.. the perfect love story. Not too cheesy and the end is so sweet and makes me cry. I love the end and I love the beginning when they first fall in love and are crazy for each other. I could watch this all the time. It’s a pretty long movie though. But the plot is great
Allie S.
GAP, PA
The hits just KEEP COMING with this movie. Just when you think you won't need to cry anymore, something else gut wrenching happens. Don't get me wrong- it is a lovely love story. It is cute and funny and happy- just gut wrenchingly heart-breaking along the way. Not that that is a bad thing...
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
If you’re a sucker for a love story, this is the number one movie to watch. It’s one of my favorites! It’ll definitely put you in the feels! I’ve laughed and cried while watching this.. and even though I’ve watched numerous times, it still gets to me. Lol I’m obsessed! It’s definitely a must see!
Brenda M.
OMG!!!!! I love this movie soo much if i can give it a higher rating than 5 stars i soo would i deserves as many stars i can give it.. its one of the best romance movies you can watch. I can never get tired of this movie. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ANYBODY WHO LOVES ROMANCE MOVIES!!!!!
sav R.
I like this movie but I honestly don’t see what all the hype is. It’s super cute but I don’t understand why it’s so popular. When I first watched it I was super hyped about it but then it just was a little underwhelming. I think it is worth the watch but I don’t need to watch it all the time.
Brooke B.
I have watched this movie over and over and every time it never fails to bring tears to my eyes and pull on my heart strings. It's the perfect love story, I love every part of this romance movie. Ryan Gosling brought Noah to life in a way that not many actors could.
Mindy O.
Alcoa, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who else cried at the end?
Bria E.
Columbia, SC
How many women got their significant others to watch this?! I did! ;)
Christine M.
Has anyone gone this whole movie without crying? I cried a few times during the movie.
Luz C.
Lynwood, CA
Who else loves this movie?
courtney d.
Berea, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What's everyone's favorite part? Just for fun:)