BY NICHOLAS SPARKS #15 in Movies

Behind every great love is a great story. As teenagers, Allie (Rachel McAdams) and Noah (Ryan Gosling) begin a whirlwind courtship that soon blossoms into tender intimacy. The young couple is quickly separated by Allie's upper-class parents who insist that Noah isn't right for her. Several years pass, and when they meet again, their passion is rekindled, forcing Allie to choose between her soulmate and class order. This beautiful tale has a particularly special meaning to an older gentleman (James Garner) who regularly reads the timeless love story to his aging companion (Gena Rowlands). Based on the best-selling novel by Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook is at once heartwarming and heartbreaking and will capture you in its sweeping and emotional force.

The Notebook
  • "It's one of those movies that will never get old to watch and every time you watch it, it's the same feelings and it will make you cry." in 35 reviews
  • "I love watching this movie with my girlfriends, even though it makes me cry every time I watch it but who does not love Ryan Gosling in a love story ugh yes!" in 22 reviews
  • "The ultimate romantic movie and amazing love story... Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling have crazy chemistry too so they sizzle on screen!" in 22 reviews
  • "One of my favorite movies, it is a romance movie based on true events that strikes the romantic in everyone!" in 20 reviews
  • "I would highly recommend this movie, it is a tear jerker no doubt about it but a lovely movie non the less. " in 19 reviews
Shauna C.
This is by far this best from Nichols Sparks, if you read the book you will love the movie even better, I read the book it is slightly different than the movie but in a better way and usually that is the other way around. It is for teen woman and woman but men could love it too they might not admit it but this is a great love story that will be a classic if it isn't already, Such a power tale of love beyond times and limits, a tale of a rich girl falling for the poor boy and her parents just don't agree but love does.
Brittany D.
Kermit , WV
This movie is a must watch! They couldn't have picked any two better actors for this role you believe everything that they do in every scene for awhile you get lost in the movie and can feel all the emotions of the movie! Their chemistry and love story is such a heart warming and emotional love spell that you get lost in their love
Samantha C.
Biloxi, MS
The storyline is good and the characters plus actors are good.  I have seen this several times and its a great romance and drama.  Although I play this movie to fall asleep, it is kind of boring to me at times.  Its kind of slow in my opinion, but there are a few moments I do like.
Heather C.
Lake village , AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
While not quite as good as reading the book this movie is a true love story sure to leave you crying and smiling with complete fondness by the end. The romantic entanglement of Noah and Allie as told by Noah many years later while him and Allie are in the nursing home due to Allies dementia.
Brenda M.
Cathedral Cty, CA
OMG!!!!! I love this movie soo much if i can give it a higher rating than 5 stars i soo would i deserves as many stars i can give it.. its one of the best romance movies you can watch. I can never get tired of this movie. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ANYBODY WHO LOVES ROMANCE MOVIES!!!!!
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
If you’re a sucker for a love story, this is the number one movie to watch. It’s one of my favorites! It’ll definitely put you in the feels! I’ve laughed and cried while watching this.. and even though I’ve watched numerous times, it still gets to me. Lol I’m obsessed! It’s definitely a must see!
Brandi s.
bernalillo
Okay so get out your tissue box and try not to drool Ryan Gosling though 😍 okay back to the review lol this is one of my favorite movies of all time I love these two together I def reccomend watching if your into Great romance movies this is one of the best.
Megan G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Oh my God, I love this movie. It's the first movie that ever made me ugly cry uncontrollably. Like, I had to get a pillow to cry into so I didn't wake up my husband. It's such a beautiful, incredibly film. The storyline is amazing and the acting is impeccable.
Bre R.
Sandy Lake, PA
An all time classic. Both the book and he movie are amazing love stories. Sad at the end in my opinion but also very beautiful! I imagine just about everyone has seen this, but this movie is the definition of young love & it probably hits home for many people.
Olivia W.
Claremont, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is like the #1 love story movie so if you love romance movies start here. It’s super sappy and will make you cry but in a good way. Great story and great acting. If it ever comes on TV you’ll watch the whole thing no matter how many times you’ve seen it.
Mindy O.
Alcoa, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who else cried at the end?
Bria E.
Columbia, SC
How many women got their significant others to watch this?! I did! ;)
Christine M.
Has anyone gone this whole movie without crying? I cried a few times during the movie.
Luz C.
Lynwood, CA
Who else loves this movie?
courtney d.
Berea, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What's everyone's favorite part? Just for fun:)