The Night Before Christmas (Reissue) (Hardcover) uploaded by Ashlie H.The Night Before Christmas (Reissue) (Hardcover) uploaded by noorskh S.

BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #51 in Books

Readers young and old are invited into the enchanting world of Mary Engelbreit in this sparkling edition of Clement C. Moore's classic poem. It is the night before Christmas, in a house so cozy and colorful, so filled with expectation, so dusted with Christmas magic that only this beloved illustrator could have created it. Shhh. A mouse is asleep in its snug den and children are dreaming as sugarplum fairies flutter around their bed. Then there's the jingle of bells. . . . For this merry celebration of Christmas, Mary Engelbreit has filled every page with bewitching details, rich color, and memorable characters. These include... see more...

Buy on Target*
  • "I still clearly remember reading this as a child of about five years, and feeling so excited and intrigued...even now I find the unique, funny and interesting ways of using those sorts of words to get each couplet rhyming admirable!" in 2 reviews
  • "I absolutely loved this book as a child." in 1 review
  • "This is a classic... very cute book.. great for kids, and adults as well." in 1 review
  • "I read it every year on Christmas Eve." in 1 review
Sarah G.
My son got this for Christmas last year. This book is beautiful. It tells the original night before Christmas. The pictures are absolutely beautiful and so full of detail. Even the covers picture is so beautiful and detailed. I also like that the pages are not super thin like in other children's books where you can see threw the pages.
Elizabeth R.
Linwood, NC
This has got to be my favorite book of all time, we always read this book every Christmas and it is amazing. I love the story but more than that I love that it is something me and my husband and son can do together and enjoy year after year together.
Karen M.
Augusta, GA
I absolutely love The Night Before Christmas! It just isn't Christmas without reading this book! It was read to me by my granny when I was a little girl. I have read it to my children and will continue the tradition with our grandchildren! There's just something so very magical about this book. That after hearing the story they can't wait to go to bed and see what Christmas morning brings for them. This was a childhood favorite and to this day it still is! I highly recommend as a must read for all ages!
Ashlie H.
Salem, IL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is one of my favorite Christmas books. I loved it as a child and my son loved it when I read it to him around Christmas time. I still love reading this book around Christmas. My book has seen better day since it was mine as a kid but I still enjoy reading it. My book is from 1991 I'm not sure when this book was reissued.
Shalayna G.
Purvis, MS
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I love The Night Before Christmas book and I love Christmas season and it's a great book to read with my God Daughter for Holidays. I highly recommend it . I love how colorful it is on every page. It's just a great book I highly recommend! This is a book to pass down from generation to generation!
Heather W.
Fremont, CA
I recently purchased this book during the holiday season and my kids loved it! I bought several holiday related books and wrapped them and placed one under the tree each day until Christmas morning. I picked this book for the kids to open on Christmas Eve, it was so cute. The book is well written and very colorful, my kids enjoyed reading it.
Angela S.
Jackson, MO
This book is a christmas eve tradition I started with my son. I've read it to him every year and I will continue to read it to him. I like to get really into the story and he will sit and let me act it out. I know most kids outgrow story time but he still likes it. It is a wonderful christmas tradition.
Barbara G.
Oh my, this is a staple in our house for Christmas. We read it right after Thanksgiving and get excited for Christmas, then comes the tree and off we go anticipating the excitement of Santa Claus, gifts, egg nog and all the trimming of the Christmas holidayz. Its one familt tradition that never gets old.
Carly T.
Loudon, TN
My niece absolutely loves this book. It helps that it's a hardback because when she was younger she liked to bend the books and with the hard cover she can not. It's a great book and I even read it as a child. I'll continue to read it to her around the holiday and when I have children of my own, it'll be my go to.
Linda S.
Katonah, NY
I am a huge fan of Mary Engelbreit's artwork and when you combine her gorgeous illustrations with this classic Christmas tale, you have a keepsake storybook that can be passed down through the generations. An absolute worthwhile investment to help preserve cherished Christmas memories.
Crystal M.
San Antonio, TX
Is this book a Christmas tradition in your family?
Shelby B.
Shoreline, WA
Would you put this as a christmas story must?
Raychelle W.
New Castle, PA
Is this a good book for kids ?
Alexandria H.
How many people like to read this every year ?
Leigh P.
Is this only available at Christmas time?