The New Yorker Magazine uploaded by member-903b53b20

BY THE NEW YORKER #77 in Magazines & Newspapers

• The cartoons are phonemonal! They are definitely my favorite part...1 Answers
  • What do you find interesting about this magazine?10 Answers
Brielle W.
Always brilliant and funny. Insightful reads with a great tone of voice. I also love the fact that they offer a free tote and a student discount on the subscription! This truly helps me as a college student and makes me enjoy the publication that much more!
Julia N.
One of the very few publications I subscribe to. I love having this in print! Quality longform and short stories. I love sifting through the Goings About Town. I tried to read this cover to cover weekly. You can also choose a print and digital subscription. The digital subscription allows you to access all content online. I would highly recommend buying a print subscription! You will not regret it.
Sophia A.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I read this on occasion and i enjoy the articles. It's more of an informative magazine on economy/finance and world issues. I would subscribe to this later on when i'm a bit older
Bethie
Novi, MI
The New Yorker is brilliant. Each article is a wonderful literary piece with an educated and thought-provoking view on society, culture, or government, among many other things. However, I do agree that the magazine is not for the average person; the articles can be pretty lengthy, with vocabulary that you don't always hear every day. I can see how people can get bored by the pieces and not seem to understand the cartoons, as I sometimes find myself being confused over them as well. However, I do believe that The New Yorker is a great magazine with thorough and fantastically written articles.
Caroline M.
Saint Paul, MN
I enjoy the New Yorker, particularly the iconic cartoons. I do agree with other reviewers that the articles are long and written for a more educated audience than most newspapers or news magazines. However, this magazine is not meant to be a news source, but a cultural stamp. It sounds incredibly pretentious, but it's kept to a similar standard for years and years, instead of updating like other magazines like Atlantic Monthly. It still contains a literary component, and does focus a lot of New York City events and the like. It absolutely is not for everyone, but I do enjoy it.
Betsy F.
Tampa, FL
Great magazine even for those that have never been to New York and never plan to go (but this magazine will probably change that!). The writing and writers are always excellent as far as quality and this magazine is a great way to keep up with the arts and remain well rounded. They also have some of the best specials - I recently renewed my subscription for $6 and received a bag worth at least that.
Courtney B.
I have been a loyal subscriber to the New Yorker for several years. I mostly subscribe for the fiction, but I love the satire as well. And I don't live in New York, but reading up on arts and culture events is a great way to have New York-envy! I pretty much never make it through a full issue before the new one arrives, but it's a challenge I love.
stephanie r.
The New Yorker cover always makes the old new. Do not ewn expect to see glossy advertisements on the latest consumer products. This rag is all about the words, lots of thinking words. The kind of words you will love to drown in. Don't expect to get it read during your lunch hour. Go ahead and start a file for all the cartoons you will want to cut out and save. The articles are a launching pad for a paper you will write, or a 3d creation. Tuck all this good stuff in your journal. You will go back to it.
Kate W.
Cincinnati, OH
When I was in journalism school studying magazine journalism, one of my professors described The New Yorker as the best magazine. I subscribed the next day and and kept subscribing for many years. I finally had to give up because I wanted time to read books and keeping up with New Yorker articles is a time investment. But that's what it takes to be the best!
Rose O.
Los Angeles, CA
I started to read The New Yorker in High School and I really enjoyed it. Though some of the cartoons left me feeling plain dumb. Aside from that I really enjoyed this magazine. It's been a while since I read it, but seeing the cover brought back fun memories. This magazine has so much to offer. for those who enjoy reading this is the magazine for you.
Misty A.
What do you find interesting about this magazine?
Abby D.
Colorado Springs, CO
The cartoons are phonemonal! They are definitely my favorite part. The stories are decent, but sometimes the articles were a bit too pointedly bias for my taste.