The New Yorker Magazine uploaded by member-903b53b20

• The cartoons are phonemonal! They are definitely my favorite part...1 Answers
  • What do you find interesting about this magazine?10 Answers
Betsy F.
Tampa, FL
Great magazine even for those that have never been to New York and never plan to go (but this magazine will probably change that!). The writing and writers are always excellent as far as quality and this magazine is a great way to keep up with the arts and remain well rounded. They also have some of the best specials - I recently renewed my subscription for $6 and received a bag worth at least that.
Courtney B.
I have been a loyal subscriber to the New Yorker for several years. I mostly subscribe for the fiction, but I love the satire as well. And I don't live in New York, but reading up on arts and culture events is a great way to have New York-envy! I pretty much never make it through a full issue before the new one arrives, but it's a challenge I love.
Sarah Jane B.
Junction City, KS
The New Yorker is my favorite magazine out there. Their intelligent, thought provoking articles are both culturaly rellavent, while not being overwhelmingly "on trend." Their political comics are great as well. Very educational. A mut have in my home.
Katie P.
Brooklyn, NY
The New Yorker is one of the best magazines around, and has been for a century or so. It publishes some of the greatest non-fiction writing as well as cartoons and fiction. Their articles never cease to be fascinating and you'll discover new ideas.
brittany f.
This is a great read! it has great facts and fun things to read! i don't have a subscription but should! great price, and found in many stores. i recommend!
renata c.
groton, CT
One of my favorite magazines to read I love to buy them because they are so creative and have nice articles in them
Aboubou S.
I never thought I would like this magazine because my AP English language class was forced to buy the subscription but I ended up enjoying many of the articles and especially the cover illustrations! The writers are very thorough with what they choose to write about it and it's a good subscription to have.
Sophia A.
I read this on occasion and i enjoy the articles. It's more of an informative magazine on economy/finance and world issues. I would subscribe to this later on when i'm a bit older
Bethie
Novi, MI
The New Yorker is brilliant. Each article is a wonderful literary piece with an educated and thought-provoking view on society, culture, or government, among many other things. However, I do agree that the magazine is not for the average person; the articles can be pretty lengthy, with vocabulary that you don't always hear every day. I can see how people can get bored by the pieces and not seem to understand the cartoons, as I sometimes find myself being confused over them as well. However, I do believe that The New Yorker is a great magazine with thorough and fantastically written articles.
Caroline M.
Saint Paul, MN
I enjoy the New Yorker, particularly the iconic cartoons. I do agree with other reviewers that the articles are long and written for a more educated audience than most newspapers or news magazines. However, this magazine is not meant to be a news source, but a cultural stamp. It sounds incredibly pretentious, but it's kept to a similar standard for years and years, instead of updating like other magazines like Atlantic Monthly. It still contains a literary component, and does focus a lot of New York City events and the like. It absolutely is not for everyone, but I do enjoy it.
Misty A.
What do you find interesting about this magazine?
Abby D.
Colorado Springs, CO
The cartoons are phonemonal! They are definitely my favorite part. The stories are decent, but sometimes the articles were a bit too pointedly bias for my taste.