The Nature Conservancy uploaded by Ashley T.The Nature Conservancy uploaded by Christine T.The Nature Conservancy uploaded by Christine T.

BY THE NATURE CONSERVANCY #54 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Jenn R.
Davis, CA
Did you know that coral reefs will be extinct in our generation (for those in your 20's-30's even 40's!) Did you also know that the overfishing (especially tuna) and fishing techniques are destroying nesting areas for fish by destroying the floor-beds and seagrass that's shelter for marine life? Or what about the hundreds of thousands of trees being cut down each day. We've lost more of our natural forests in the last 30 years than in the millions of years of this world's existence. And how do you think oil is produced? Forests, animals, and even local communities are suffering from these environmental changes. It is devastating to everyone. We need to put a stop and find better ways to cohabitat in this world without leaving a scar. This cause brings recognition to that.
Amy N.
Estero, FL
I love the concept of the nature conservancy. Unfortunately, in our area, I find that the Conservancy fights issues that they do not fully understand. The issues themselves are good issues to fight, but they have spent a lot of money fighting battles of science without understanding the science behind the battles they are fighting. I'd really like to see them take a more proactive approach to conservancy. Make people want to conserve, instead of calling out the "bad guys" I think that'd work a little better.
Stacey S.
The Nature Conservancy is a great organization that really cares about conserving our lands and waters for both people and nature. They act upon important ecological projects and address threats concerning our environment in the US and many other countries. They are compard to organizations like Greenepeace Fund, The Sierra Club Foundation, etc...

We only have one earth and this organization really tries to care for it. I donate to this cause yearly and through other actions on social media.
R B.
When you think about it, to protect all aspects of nature you need to start from the ground up. In this sense we need to start with habitat then to life. The Nature Conservancy doesn't just focus on the protection of species but also the land in which those species inhabit. Organizations like these are important and needed especially with the amount of negative impacts the human population has had on this Earth during our entire existence.
Jenny L.
Brooklyn, NY
With today's climate change issues it is getting increasingly imperative to conserve our natural resources such as old growth forests. In addition to saving our natural resources, it is imperative to educate people about the necessity and benefits of taking care of our planet. I like the idea of this charity and as a bonus of donating, you get calendars with beautiful photographs of animals and landscapes.
Danielle C.
Jacksonville, NC
I've supported the Nature Conservancy off and on (due to personal finances) over the last ten or twelve years. I'm happy to be able to help them again this year. They offer a great way to help us sustain the diversity of life across our planet and preserve the beauty for generations of our children to enjoy.
Hilary J.
Las Vegas, NV
The Nature Conservancy has offices internationally, and on a local level are working with community members to find solutions to local environmental problems. I have worked for and volunteered with this organization for the past 2 years and I can honestly say that it is a great group of people and I highly recommend you get involved if you enjoy and appreciate nature
Wendy F.
Lakewood, CA
I love this organization so much. I feel that there aren't enough non-profits truly out to protect and conserve the environment and our natural resources. I have contributed many times to this organization and will continue too. Great cause!
Caity C.
We must take action now to protect our planet, to reverse the harmful effects of selfish human existence. Organizations like these bring awareness to the problems facing our planet, to the significant impact we can have on our environment.
Christina N.
Burlingham, NY
What the Coservatory does for Sam's Point and Mohonk are absolutely unparalleled. They take care of the grounds, make sure visitors are informed and safe. I donate every year to keep our natural resources secure and beautiful
Dana R.
New London, WI
This sounds interesting, how would I go about getting involved with it?
FashionDues 💖.
Staten Island, Ny
Do you donate
Taylor J.
Woodville, MS
What is the purpose of this organization?
Katrina Y.
Torrance, CA
I've never been to this Nature Conservancy. What's it about?
Sammy M.
What is this organization about?