BY THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS #55 in Books

The Mortal Instruments
  • "When I finished the first book I was sad that clary and jace didn't end up together because of the lie her father said." in 14 reviews
  • "OK so this is my second favorite book series in existence ...it has everything amazing storyline amazing characters and epic love story that yes does string you along by almost fully happening then boom something outs a damper in it ..it's an ongoing cycle but that alone hooks you with the intense need to know if it will ever truly succeed." in 10 reviews
  • "They are very much for young adults and there are parts which seem cheesy or expected but I loved the storyline and it was a very interesting read" in 10 reviews
  • "The character relationships in these books is amazing, and one of the more well written *teen* books I have read in awhile." in 7 reviews
  • "I wasn't too sure about this series when I first started reading it, but before I knew it I'd devoured the entire thing." in 6 reviews
Haley S.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This series is one of my favorites, it's twisted, but so good! I really love the plot, even though I really hate the villain Valentine for what he's done, even if he's Clary's father. Clary is one of my favorite characters, so is Isabelle, who is a complete badass! I've literally shipped so many people in this series: Malec, Clace, Sizzy, even Cizzy. I also love Clary and Alec's dynamic, they're really sassy and I love it! I'm happy that they made a TV series dedicated to this book series, I love it a lot!
Áine R.
This is one of my favorite book series. The characters are hilarious (my personal favorite is Magnus) and the storyline is full of happy moments and sad moments. It was extremely entertaining and interesting and I have read it multiple times.
Alexxandria H.
La Puente, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Oof girl this is one hell of a book series. I am in love with them!! Storyline is just fantastic and well written. The Author has many other books as well and those are great too. I definitely recommend this to read
Ashlee W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I LOVE this series! This is another one of my favorites, if you like the The Harry Potter Series you would definitely like this series. It's such a great good vs evil storyline and I love the characters! Alec and Magnus are totally my favorites.
Brighlyn R.
Lake View, AL
I absolutely loved the whole series and as soon as I finished one book, I went and got the next. The ending to the series is so good and everything is wrapped up nicely. The only movie out based on the book is pretty good; however, the tv series is trash and I can't stand to watch it. Also there are spin offs of the series that I have read that add so much more depth to the world of Shadowhunters, like the Bane chronicles and the shadowhunter's codex.
tamara m.
Seatac, WA
This was such a long but wonderful series I just finished the last book in it last night and although apart of me is sad about it ending, I felt like I was ready to let go and move on to a new series just because of how long the books are and how many books there are. I do like that for people who are obsessed with this series the author has many series revolving in this dark shadow filled world, it's a great book for YA fans and do recommend this to a be a book to add to your library. Over all great book wish the tv series could have met my expectation but sadly did not.
Lyndsey H.
Big Stone Gap, VA
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This has to be my favorite books series that I have ever read. I was so hooked on these and the day they came out I purchased them!! The author did such a great job. I can't wait to watch all the tv shows coming out and the movies. I'm sure I'll be a little disappointed because nothing can ever compare to the details that you gain from a book. Go out and read these!!
Delaney N.
This is one of my favorite book series of all time. It's such a shame that the movie and the tv show don't do it justice. These books are so near and dear to my heart and I've loved them for so many years. I would highly recommend reading this series or any Cassandra Clare book for that matter. She is a brilliant writer.
Joselyn T.
Sullivan, MO
I loved the Mortal Instruments Series!  This book was well written by Cassandra Clare.  I love the strong female character that is featured throughout the series.  There is some romance, some action.  It's attention grabbing right from the very beginning.  I am currently reading the clockwork series by the author that is proving just as entertaining.  I highly recommend!
Keegan N.
Midway Park
This is my absolute favorite book series I could read it again over and over. Clary and Jace's romance is absolutely perfect. I love that Clary started out like a damsel in distress not knowing she was a shadow hunter not continuing on she gets stronger and can hold her own.
Kelli G.
Adrian, Ga
Would anyone recommend these? I've heard about them. Half good, half bad. Wondering if I should make the investment.
Beatriz L.
Porto
I´ve heard a lot about this collection, would you recommend reading it?
Melissa T.
San Francisco, CA
Which book of this series is your favorite?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Is this another one of those hunger games/divergent type series? I really liked both of those, and I loved the Harry Potter series. Should this one be next on my list?
Sarah-Jane  H.
Palmerston, Ontario
I haven't started reading the books yet however after i saw the movie i can't wait. So are the books better than the movie?