BY THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS #60 in Books

• What are these books about?1 Answers
  • WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER?9 Answers
  • Would anyone recommend these? I've heard about them. Half good, h...17 Answers
The Mortal Instruments
  • "When I finished the first book I was sad that clary and jace didn't end up together because of the lie her father said." in 14 reviews
  • "They are very much for young adults and there are parts which seem cheesy or expected but I loved the storyline and it was a very interesting read" in 10 reviews
  • "OK so this is my second favorite book series in existence ...it has everything amazing storyline amazing characters and epic love story that yes does string you along by almost fully happening then boom something outs a damper in it ..it's an ongoing cycle but that alone hooks you with the intense need to know if it will ever truly succeed." in 10 reviews
  • "The character relationships in these books is amazing, and one of the more well written *teen* books I have read in awhile." in 7 reviews
  • "I wasn't too sure about this series when I first started reading it, but before I knew it I'd devoured the entire thing." in 6 reviews
Kelsey T.
San Jose , CA
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I hate to admit it.. but I really ended up liking this series a lot. It definitely engaged me and made me invested in the characters storylines.  I even read the prequel series.
Julie M.
Newport, MI
This is a great gift to give to book lovers. This is by far one of my favorite series. Everyone i have spoken to has loved this series. You can get them at any retail store.
Brighlyn R.
Lake View, AL
I absolutely loved the whole series and as soon as I finished one book, I went and got the next. The ending to the series is so good and everything is wrapped up nicely. The only movie out based on the book is pretty good; however, the tv series is trash and I can't stand to watch it. Also there are spin offs of the series that I have read that add so much more depth to the world of Shadowhunters, like the Bane chronicles and the shadowhunter's codex.
tamara m.
Seatac, WA
This was such a long but wonderful series I just finished the last book in it last night and although apart of me is sad about it ending, I felt like I was ready to let go and move on to a new series just because of how long the books are and how many books there are. I do like that for people who are obsessed with this series the author has many series revolving in this dark shadow filled world, it's a great book for YA fans and do recommend this to a be a book to add to your library. Over all great book wish the tv series could have met my expectation but sadly did not.
Lyndsey H.
Big Stone Gap, VA
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This has to be my favorite books series that I have ever read. I was so hooked on these and the day they came out I purchased them!! The author did such a great job. I can't wait to watch all the tv shows coming out and the movies. I'm sure I'll be a little disappointed because nothing can ever compare to the details that you gain from a book. Go out and read these!!
Delaney N.
This is one of my favorite book series of all time. It's such a shame that the movie and the tv show don't do it justice. These books are so near and dear to my heart and I've loved them for so many years. I would highly recommend reading this series or any Cassandra Clare book for that matter. She is a brilliant writer.
Joselyn T.
Sullivan, MO
I loved the Mortal Instruments Series!  This book was well written by Cassandra Clare.  I love the strong female character that is featured throughout the series.  There is some romance, some action.  It's attention grabbing right from the very beginning.  I am currently reading the clockwork series by the author that is proving just as entertaining.  I highly recommend!
Josefina R.
Omg!!! If you have not read these books you don't know what a good book is! This books are awesome LOVE them!!!! The best you should read them I've read them all and I just can't get over them they are great!!!You need to read them. By the way I am a huge shipper of clace!!!‚̧
Keegan N.
Midway Park
This is my absolute favorite book series I could read it again over and over. Clary and Jace's romance is absolutely perfect. I love that Clary started out like a damsel in distress not knowing she was a shadow hunter not continuing on she gets stronger and can hold her own.
Amber M.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I love this series so much. I have reread twice. I have read almost every series she has written. The storyline is so good. My favorite character is jace he is so complex yet relatable. I personally think it's a must read for young adults and adults.
Kelli G.
Adrian, Ga
Would anyone recommend these? I've heard about them. Half good, half bad. Wondering if I should make the investment.
Beatriz L.
Porto
I¬īve heard a lot about this collection, would you recommend reading it?
Melissa T.
San Francisco, CA
Which book of this series is your favorite?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Is this another one of those hunger games/divergent type series? I really liked both of those, and I loved the Harry Potter series. Should this one be next on my list?
Sarah-Jane  H.
Palmerston, Ontario
I haven't started reading the books yet however after i saw the movie i can't wait. So are the books better than the movie?