BY RANDOM HOUSE

Read the first book in the #1 New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series, perfect for fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent. The Maze Runner is now a major motion picture featuring the star of MTV's Teen Wolf, Dylan O'Brien; Kaya Scodelario; Aml Ameen; Will Poulter; and Thomas Brodie-Sangster and the second book, The Scorch Trials, is soon to be a movie, hitting theaters September 18, 2015! Also look for James Dashner's newest novels, The Eye of Minds and The Rule of Thoughts, the first two books in the Mortality Doctrine series. If you ain't scared, you ain't human. When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers-boys whose memories are also gone. Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade. Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out-and no one's ever made it through alive. Everything is going to change. Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying. Remember. Survive. Run. Praise for the Maze Runner series: [A] mysterious survival saga that passionate fans describe as a fusion of Lord of the Flies, The Hunger Games, and Lost-EW.com "Wonderful action writing-fast-paced…but smart and well observed."-Newsday "[A] nail-biting must-read."-Seventeen.com"Breathless, cinematic action."-Publishers Weekly "Heart-pounding to the very last moment."-Kirkus Reviews "Exclamation-worthy."-Romantic Times [STAR] "James Dashner's illuminating prequel [The Kill Order] will thrill fans of this Maze Runner [series] and prove just as exciting for readers new to the series."-Shelf Awareness, Starred see more...

• Has anyone read the other books? 9 Answers
  • Is the book close to the movie?12 Answers
  • I've only seen the movie... How is the movie compared to the book?8 Answers
Buy on Target*
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
I enjoyed Book One so much! It was very creative and well written for a teen-fiction novel. It reminded me of a modern-day Lord of the Flies. The characters were diverse, and the plot could hold my attention for long periods of time. I felt like The Maze Runner had so much potential, but the following books were very disappointing. I would only recommend reading this if you are okay with not knowing what happens in the next books or if you are okay with using up time to finish the rest of the series that, in my mind, quickly went down hill.
Ismelda G.
Ismelda G.
I love the series, these series are amazing. I have read them so many times it never gets old. The movies are also great. If there was one thing I could change it would be a character named Brenda in the book they say she has long hair and in the movie she has short hair. That is the only down side of this book. Price? I bought The Maze Runner Series at Walmart for 30 dollars which isn't bad. I definitely recommend reading this book.
Alayna M.
Alayna M.
Mobile, AL
I received this book from a friend after having watched the movie with them. (I know, I know, the movie before the book is the wrong order!) The book, I know is angled more towards teenagers with its plot and characters but I think almost anyone would be able to become invested in the story. It did seem a little slower in comparison to the movie but that's expected.
Diana G.
Diana G.
I love this book. I think it's the best from the trilogy because it the beginning of Thomas story. This book isn't like the other books were the kids try to kill each other of, instead this book is about kids working together to figure out how to live in a life were they have to memories off. Would recommend to everyone.
Elizabeth A.
Elizabeth A.
Cary, NC
I was hesitant about purchasing this book because I was not the biggest fan of the movie. However, at 20% off I took the chance. So glad I did! The story is so much better than the movie with a well written plot line and attention to detail that seemed to be missing on the big screen. A must read!
Caitlyn F.
Caitlyn F.
This is my favorite book. It includes adventure and mystery. And with it being a series you have to read the rest of the series to find out the whole mystery. This book is very affordable and worth paying for. I would recommend this book to teens mainly because of how old the characters are.
Freddra R.
Freddra R.
Homestead , FL
I feel like this book is way too over hyped than what it actually delivers. I did enjoy it better than the second part though. It's still not one of my favorite books, much less favorite series, but the writing at least wasn't completely mediocre.
ayleen z.
ayleen z.
doral , FL
Leí todos los libros de esta trilogía hasta los extras y sin lugar a duda lo recomiendo es muy bueno cuando lo empiezas a leer no quieres parar de leerlo porque te emocionas y te imaginas todo, te vas con la lectura hasta la final
Rheanna W.
Rheanna W.
I have read this book and series way too many times. I love the author and the plot/storyline was very well developed. This was affordable and I highly recommend this series as a whole. I've never read a story like it.
Caroline  S.
Caroline S.
I loved reading this series. The movies were so good as well. The series was interesting and exciting. I would recommend this book to anyone who liked the divergent or hunger games book.
Sophia P.
Sophia P.
Is the book close to the movie?
marissa s.
marissa s.
Bensalem , PA
Has anyone read the other books?
Nora L.
Nora L.
I've only seen the movie... How is the movie compared to the book?
Beth-Ann S.
Beth-Ann S.
I love Hunger Games and Divergent. Is this similar? Is it a must read?
Victoria F.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this similar to Divergent?