BY RANDOM HOUSE

Read the first book in the #1 New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series, perfect for fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent. The Maze Runner is now a major motion picture featuring the star of MTV's Teen Wolf, Dylan O'Brien; Kaya Scodelario; Aml Ameen; Will Poulter; and Thomas Brodie-Sangster and the second book, The Scorch Trials, is soon to be a movie, hitting theaters September 18, 2015! Also look for James Dashner's newest novels, The Eye of Minds and The Rule of Thoughts, the first two books in the Mortality Doctrine series. If you ain't scared, you ain't human. When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers-boys whose memories are also gone. Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade. Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out-and no one's ever made it through alive. Everything is going to change. Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying. Remember. Survive. Run. Praise for the Maze Runner series: [A] mysterious survival saga that passionate fans describe as a fusion of Lord of the Flies, The Hunger Games, and Lost-EW.com "Wonderful action writing-fast-paced…but smart and well observed."-Newsday "[A] nail-biting must-read."-Seventeen.com"Breathless, cinematic action."-Publishers Weekly "Heart-pounding to the very last moment."-Kirkus Reviews "Exclamation-worthy."-Romantic Times [STAR] "James Dashner's illuminating prequel [The Kill Order] will thrill fans of this Maze Runner [series] and prove just as exciting for readers new to the series."-Shelf Awareness, Starred see more...

Buy on Walmart*
Cassi M.
Orlando, FL
Bought this book due to a recommendation. Not disappointed, I felt the character development was really great throughout the story, the story keeps you wondering and it's hard to put down...

Only downfall (in my opinion) is the ending went a little longer than I feel it needed to. Some of it was drawn out, but I still really enjoyed the book as a whole. Definitely recommend.
Brooke G.
Union Grove
Yes, I am an adult that reads YA books. It started by me wanting to be able to talk to my kids about the books that they were reading and took off from there. This book, and it’s following series, is a good read for the 11-14 age group. It’s almost like the guy version of hunger games but with a better ending. Fast paced that keeps you wanting to know how the story turns out will keep young and old turning pages well into the night. The Maze Runner (maze Runner, Book One)
Áine R.
I was looking for a book to read and I happened to buy this one as it was being promoted prior to the movie release. I liked it but didn’t love it for whatever reason, so I didn’t read the rest of the series. My brother loved it though, so I would recommend.
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
Great book! read when you have some extra time as you kind of need to focus to stay with the story. The book is affordable, you will see friendships made than crazy obstacles they must go through. this really is a good read.
Kimberly C.
This is one of my al time favorite series! It's detailed, action packed and original. You see a growth in the characters, in their thinking and communication. The suspense you endure in some of the scenes from this book is unreal. At one point it had me sweating from my nerves, i even held my breath! It's a fantastic storyline and would recommend this series to anyone interested in sci-fi or adventures.
C g.
calvin
I love this book so much. It looks amazing on my book shelf. The packaging is very nice. It was effective. I definitely recommend this product. It is very affordable. Try this product out. It’s super awesome!
Lisa G.
Honestly I’m conflicted on this book. I found this book was way too slow. I was getting bored and had trouble finishing. And yet, the plot was engaging and kept me curious enough to pick it up again later even if I put it down for a while.
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
From the first page of the first book through to the last pages of the last book, this was a riveting journey. From the very beginning the reader is caught up in the mystery, intrigue and in some cases sheer horror of what is enfolding on each page.
A plausible storyline with rich characters who embody the indomitable spirit of survival echos thoughout the pages.
I would recommend for anyone who enjoys a high action, thrilling ride...this certainly satisfies.
Lesly A.
Phoenix, AZ
I didn't like this book. I didn't really know about it until everyone started talking about the movie. All my friends loved the books and everyone was super excited about the movie. So I decided to read it.
I wasn't hooked at all. The author's writing style isn't my type. It went very slow for me and it was also very repetitive. The plot of the movie isn't well organized either. I think the concept is a good idea though.
The main character was in the dark about the whole situation he was in the whole time, which made it harder to get into the book. I understand that MANY people really like it and I have no hate towards those who do, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Vicky E.
Davie, FL
I ended up reading two out of three of the James Dasher novels. My boyfriend gifted me the set after watching the movie (I really enjoyed the movie so he figured, being a book-worm, I would adore the books). I have to say, the series is VERY enjoyable, the characters are fun and interesting to follow and the plot of thrilling. HOWEVER, the writing is slow and difficult to get into. I remember reading this book while on a bus tour and when asked if I enjoyed the book I literally replied "Once you force yourself through the first few chapters, it's not bad". Overall, a fun thriller with a slow start.
Sophia P.
Is the book close to the movie?
Marissa S.
Langhorne, PA
Has anyone read the other books?
Nora C.
I've only seen the movie... How is the movie compared to the book?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this similar to Divergent?
Beth-Ann S.
I love Hunger Games and Divergent. Is this similar? Is it a must read?