The Matrix uploaded by Jessica T.

BY LARRY WACHOWSKI & ANDY WACHOWSKI

"The Most Eye-Popping and Imaginative Movie of the Year." - Gannett. Breaking box office records as the biggest Easter opening ever, this special effects-driven tale follows Keanu Reeves ("Speed," "Devil's Advocate") and Oscar, Golden Globe and Emmy-nominee Laurence Fishburne ("What's Love Got to Do with It?") on an explosive futuristic sci-fi adventure about a man who comes to believe that his everyday world is the product of a complex computer-driven digital matrix that feeds on humans. In his dangerous quest to find out the truth, he must figure out who is real and who he can trust. From the producer of the top boxoffice franchise, "Lethal Weapon." "...one of the most visually dazzling and surrealistically plotted sci-fi films ever made." - Mr. Showbiz

• Who is your favorite character in the matrix movies?6 Answers
The Matrix
  • "I thought Matrix was a great original movie and loved the special effects that they used ." in 5 reviews
Cristina G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Dear Lord, let’s hope our world never comes to this. If it does, please leave me inside bc ignorance is bliss. When Leo fights slick hard sunglasses dude and kills the machines and cleans up air, then wake me up. Yet, it’s been a long long time since so let me Wiki this for the ending recap.

Anyways, we all need to watch this as a reminder to recycle and don’t let technology rule us! We only have this one planet. Lol
Marcella S.
Pittsburgh, PA
What a classic! My love for Keanu is long and this is no exception. The moves, the tunes, it all works here. Best soundtrack! When they go get Morpheus, I get chills every time! Whoa!!!
Harout T.
This movie is a classic and I will watch it every now and then, I feel the visual effects of this movie is unlike any other and the acting is really good. I love the scene when they have to pick between the blue or the red pill. I would recommend this classic for anyone that has not watched it before. If anyone has watched it, they should watch it again.
Jonah R.
Jacksonville, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This one is a modern day classic. Think what you will about the next two films, but this first one is incredible! A complex storyline with fantastic sequences makes this a film worth watching over and over again.
Samantha R.
Norwell, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Great movie keanu reeves did an amazing job and its still different from any movie that is out now. The action and sci fi of it was great
Jennifer S.
Worcester, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Classic movie that was groundbreaking and awe inspiring when it first came out. Still holds its own well.
Maria R.
Los Angeles, CA
The Matrix is just a good movie I loved it I was watching it with my husband it was fun and action packed
Christine W.
St. John's, NL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love this movie! Keaneau and Fishbourne are amazing! Love the idea that we are all just living a dream created for us and we can wake up from it!
Adeena H.
Lake Forest, CA
I am not normally into sci-fi movies, but I love this movie! It has a great story line that kept me engaged. I am normally not a fan of Keanu Reeves, but I really like him in this movie. The special effects were phenomenal.
Tricia P.
Yucaipa, CA
Really like this movie. The special effects were like nothing that had ever been done before? The story is a little complicated. It's very sci-fi, which could be good or bad for some people. But, it's got Keanu Reeves in it - what's not to like!
melissa w.
Sacramento, CA
Who is your favorite character in the matrix movies?