The Matrix uploaded by Jessica T.

BY LARRY WACHOWSKI & ANDY WACHOWSKI

"The Most Eye-Popping and Imaginative Movie of the Year." - Gannett. Breaking box office records as the biggest Easter opening ever, this special effects-driven tale follows Keanu Reeves ("Speed," "Devil's Advocate") and Oscar, Golden Globe and Emmy-nominee Laurence Fishburne ("What's Love Got to Do with It?") on an explosive futuristic sci-fi adventure about a man who comes to believe that his everyday world is the product of a complex computer-driven digital matrix that feeds on humans. In his dangerous quest to find out the truth, he must figure out who is real and who he can trust. From the producer of the top boxoffice franchise, "Lethal Weapon." "...one of the most visually dazzling and surrealistically plotted sci-fi films ever made." - Mr. Showbiz

• Who is your favorite character in the matrix movies?6 Answers
The Matrix
  • "I thought Matrix was a great original movie and loved the special effects that they used ." in 5 reviews
Jonah R.
Jacksonville, FL
This one is a modern day classic. Think what you will about the next two films, but this first one is incredible! A complex storyline with fantastic sequences makes this a film worth watching over and over again.
Samantha R.
Norwell, MA
Great movie keanu reeves did an amazing job and its still different from any movie that is out now. The action and sci fi of it was great
Harout T.
This movie is a classic and I will watch it every now and then, I feel the visual effects of this movie is unlike any other and the acting is really good. I love the scene when they have to pick between the blue or the red pill. I would recommend this classic for anyone that has not watched it before. If anyone has watched it, they should watch it again.
Lizzette P.
I love the Matrix trilogy movies! The plot, story, and the deep message behind the story is just amazing. The acting is good, I like the diversity in cast, and the way the story is told is interesting. Definitely the movie series to watch before you die!
Tricia P.
Yucaipa, CA
Really like this movie. The special effects were like nothing that had ever been done before? The story is a little complicated. It's very sci-fi, which could be good or bad for some people. But, it's got Keanu Reeves in it - what's not to like!
Jude E.
Columbia, MO
Clearly, this is a classic movie, and I haven't watched it until very recently. There are so many Matrix references that I didn't get before, that now I finally understand! There were a few too many gross parts for me, but overall good movie.
Kelly C.
I am not a fan of this movie or the series. I feel it is kinda confusing and hard to follow at times. I have not watched this in a few years, so maybe I just need to retry it and actually pay attention. But, still not my thing.
Devon W.
How can you not love The Matrix!? This is an all time favorite of mine, and it's the first and best of the trilogy. It blew open the lid on AI movies. Sure there was the Terminator, but The Matrix is like a cooler, more sophisticated version. It's part modern action movie + part martial arts film + part sci-fi flic.
Adeena H.
Lake Forest, CA
I am not normally into sci-fi movies, but I love this movie! It has a great story line that kept me engaged. I am normally not a fan of Keanu Reeves, but I really like him in this movie. The special effects were phenomenal.
Hannah F.
Modesto, CA
This is a movie that I can watch over and over again. What an awesome movie with some seriously cool special effects! I wish more movies were like this one!
melissa w.
Sacramento, CA
Who is your favorite character in the matrix movies?