BY CHEGG

My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973. My murderer was a man from our neighborhood. My mother liked his border flowers, and my father talked to him once about fertilizer. This is Susie Salmon. Watching from heaven, Susie sees her happy, suburban family devastated by her death, isolated even from one another as they each try to cope with their terrible loss alone. Over the years, her friends and siblings grow up, fall in love, do all the things she never had the chance to do herself. But life is not quite finished with Susie yet. The Lovely Bones is a luminous and astonishing novel about life and death, forgiveness and vengeance, memory and forgetting - but, above all, about finding light in the darkest of places. 'Spare, beautiful and brutal prose. The Lovely Bones is compulsive enough to read in a single sitting, brilliantly intelligent, elegantly constructed and ultimately intriguing' The Times 'Moving and compelling. It will put an imperceptible but stealthily insistent hold on you. I sat down in the morning to read the first couple of pages; five hours later, I was still there, book in hand, transfixed' Maggie O'Farrell, Sunday Telegraph see more...

BettyJo M.
Great book! I really enjoyed it and have read it a few times. I would recommend it to everyone looking for a good thriller however the main character is a child which can be disturbing especially in what happened to her. The book is better than the movie however the movie did a great job portraying the book and the level of emotions.
Holly C.
Love this book! She is such an amazing writer and it was such a quick read because I honestly couldn't put it down. Tough material to read at points but very necessary. Her book "Lucky" is another amazing read as well! Highly recommended!
Diana M.
This book will always be one of my favorites. It was full of suspense and so many emotions. It makes you feel like you're also trying to help Suzy the whole time. It made me emotional but it was such a great story.
Christina K.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not much of a book enthusiast. I don't really care to read for pleasure. But THIS book. This book I don't mind reading for pleasure and can read this over and over again. It's a very very good book and sad at the same time. The movie is really good too, but the book is better in my opinion. I highly recommend this for young adults and teens.
Katie W.
Raleigh , NC
Such a good storyline. Extremely sad but such a good read. I had a hard time putting it down!
Krista P.
Kitchener, ON
This was a beautifully written story and unique as well. It was well-written and such an emotional and heartwrenching read