BY PETER JACKSON

"One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings -- In the conclusion of J.R.R. Tolkien's epic masterpiece, The Lord of the Rings, as armies mass for a final battle that will decide the fate of the world -- and powerful, ancient forces of Light and Dark compete to determine the outcome -- one member of the Fellowship of the Ring is revealed as the noble heir to the throne of the Kings of Men. Yet, the sole hope for triumph over evil lies with a brave hobbit, Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood - "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," "Everything is Illuminated"), who, accompanied only by his loyal friend Sam and the hiddeous, wretched Gollum, ventures deep into the very dark heart of Mordor on his seemingly impossible quest to destroy the Ring of Power. Also starring Academy Award-nominee Viggo Mortensen ("A History of Violence," "Eastern Promises"), Academy Award-nominee and Golden Globe-winner Ian McKellan ("X-Men," TV's "Rasputin"), Orlando Bloom ("Troy," "The Pirates of the Caribbean” trilogy), Liv Tyler ("The Strangers" "The Incredible Hulk") and Academy Award and Golden Globe-winner Cate Blanchett ("Elizabeth," "The Aviator"). Winner of 11 Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director!

• can i win something doing this 1 Answers
  • Out of the LOTR series, which movie is the best and why?2 Answers
Jennifer J.
Fountain, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Lord of the Rings movie franchise is just as excellent as the books that they are based on. I rarely say such a thing! I am an avid book reader and usually have nothing but negative comments to say about movies that were originally books (they NEVER compare!). But not with these movies; they are just as great as the books. They are wonderfully created; amazing characters, scenery and a spectacular adventurous journey. I cannot imagine that anyone would find these not interesting or enjoyable!
Joey H.
White Heath, IL
Named my daughter Arwen, if that gives any indication of my love for the lord of the rings as a whole. I think this is my favorite film of the 3. Overall enjoyable and the attention to detail (within the film not from the books) is just amazing. 5 stars.
#nerdygirl ..
This movie is great and goes well with the book. I was surprised at how they were so similar. The actors were flawless as always, and the story was very suspenseful and kept you watching.
Jewels G.
Seriously though. This is a amazing story. Love everything about it. BUT Jrr's freaking writing style, I just cannot! He literally details EVERYTHING! I'm a writer myself but even I think he gets carried away. Omg. There's a reason that the movies are 3hours long!
Jessica M.
The lord of the rings trilogy are my favorite. Between the love, comedy and action I don't even know how anyone wouldn't enjoy these. It takes hours to get through but very worth it
Melanie T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What an amazing way to finish an amazing movie series! Throughout the whole series you are siting at the edge of your seat! The end battle is intense and has many twists and changes! The actors and actress's are so talented and defiantly show their talent in this movie! You defiantly need to watch this movie!
Paige P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The LOTR movies are definitely some of my favorite movies of all time. I wish I had read the books so I could have seen how close the movies were to the books, but from what I've heard they did pretty well. I absolutely love Return of the King because the way the story wraps up is so awesome!
Meghan G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Such a great movie and series! Who has not seen these?! I have to admit that I did overwatch them after seeing all of them in the movie theaters several times and then watching the special extended edition of each several times at home, but thats because they are great! Great story line, interesting characters, the battle between good and evil, amazing special affects, and more. You have to see these!
Laura W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I read all the books prior to seeing the movies. I about died to see this one because these are that good. And with actors like Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen who couldn't resist?! If you love Sci fi, action, put you on the edge of your seat movies then this is for you. The graphics are phenomenal! And if you're an LOTR fan then you've probably seen this like 20 times like I have.
Rachel W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this movie! I love the whole series of movies & I adore all the books! Even though the movies deviate from the books on several points, they flow very well and are quite enjoyable to watch. I own all the movies & I still watch them when they are played on T.V.!
Meghan G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Out of the LOTR series, which movie is the best and why?
jordan s.
bogota
can i win something doing this