The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Reprint) (Hardcover) uploaded by Megan W.

BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #45 in Books

'This is the land of Narnia,' said the Faun, 'where we are now; all that lies between the lamp-post and the great castle of Ciar Paravel on the eastern sea. And you -- you have come from the wild woods of the west?' 'I -- I got in through the wardrobe in the spare room,' said Lucy. What begins as a simple game of hide-and-seek quickly turns into the adventure of a lifetime when Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy walk through the wardrobe and into the land of Narnia. There they find a cold, snow-covered land frozen into eternal winter by the evil White Witch. All who challenge her rule are turned into stone. Narnia,... see more...

• Is this a good book ūüďĖ?2 Answers
  • I love the movie Narnia and I love the very first book but I was ...3 Answers
  • Love the Narnia series... This is one of my favorites! What are e...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
  • "Great book, I read/read tothis as a child and have many fond memories of my family reading it together." in 2 reviews
  • "This book along with the Magician's Nephew are my two favorite books in the series. " in 2 reviews
  • "So much better than the movie." in 1 review
  • "With religious influences, adventure, danger and family matters explored, it is a beautifully written piece that will be cherished for many years to come." in 1 review
  • "Now I enjoy reading it to my little girl." in 1 review
Danielle N.
Stone Mtn, GA
I loved this story as a young child! It was so magical and whimsical. I can't remember a school library that I walked in that didn't have this book. Out of the  The Chronicles of Narnia (Reissue) (Hardcover)  series this was by far my very favorite book. It was one of the first books that really made me grow to love reading and the places it could take you.
Erin M.
Butler, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The imagination in this book is awesome. I love the fact that make believe becomes so real when the kids are transported to a completely different land by entering through a mysterious wardrobe. It is like everything you pretended as a kid. There are so many famous quotes that have come out of this book as well. I love the dynamic between the characters. It is very much how siblings would react to each other.
Belle B.
Matheny, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Read it to your kids or read it yourself, these books are keepers. It’s sweet and the symbolism is beautiful in every way. I love and adore C. S. Lewis so loving this book was not hard. It is most definitely a must read.
Tayler H.
Richardson , TX
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is a must read for anyone with an imagination. It's not too young so adults can read it too! It's a really great series and great detailed story of 3 kids that walk through a wardrobe and discover a beautiful land of talking creatures. My favorites character is the lion! Read it!
Amberjean G.
Kaplan, LA
A must read for any child. Teaches great value and offers so much detail. Great writing, storyline, and plot. Great character development and variety of characters. I have read many of the other books from this series but have not completed the entire series.
Sarah S.
Moore, OK
I loved reading the book Narnia! C.S. Lewis is a great author! It has great details and great imagination along with it! I would encourage you to read this book! It is reasonably priced for me! It is defiantly worth the read! I recommend this book!
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Read this book in middle school. Can't remember too much about it, except it had a lot of detail; similar to Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings books. Middle school age on up can read and comprehend this book.
Kaitlyn D.
Roseburg, OR
One of my favorite books in childhood, and one that I still love today! C.S. Lewis is an incredible author with a mind for great details, and develops strong characters that you can't help but love.
Jennifer C.
I think if I would have read this as a child it would have been a full five stars. I really enjoyed this story, and the seemingly magical world of Narnia. The idea of being transported to a new world through a simple wardrobe is such a great escape. The main characters of the four children each represent specific characteristics, and you get to know them throughout the story. I also liked the incorporation of the various animals and magical creatures, as that sparks ones imagination. This book was a simple and short read, but a very pleasant experience. The only thing lacking was a well rounded plot, but you have to take into account that the plot does continue in further books.
Cheyenne D.
Utica, NY
I really enjoyed this book as a kid. I love anything that takes you to a whole, complex world. Given some of the interpretations, I think I would receive it much differently as an adult now.
erisa t.
Is that book boring? ?
Kandyse W.
Kinston, NC
Have they done all the movie remakes for this series?
Maria D.
Whats author name
carly k.
GUELPH, ON
Bookworm Expert Level 3
If ive seen the movie, would you recommend reading the book
Mabel S.
How accurate is the movie to the book?