The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Reprint) (Hardcover) uploaded by Megan W.

BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #42 in Books

'This is the land of Narnia,' said the Faun, 'where we are now; all that lies between the lamp-post and the great castle of Ciar Paravel on the eastern sea. And you -- you have come from the wild woods of the west?' 'I -- I got in through the wardrobe in the spare room,' said Lucy. What begins as a simple game of hide-and-seek quickly turns into the adventure of a lifetime when Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy walk through the wardrobe and into the land of Narnia. There they find a cold, snow-covered land frozen into eternal winter by the evil White Witch. All who challenge her rule are turned into stone. Narnia,... see more...

• Is this a good book ūüďĖ?2 Answers
  • I love the movie Narnia and I love the very first book but I was ...3 Answers
  • Love the Narnia series... This is one of my favorites! What are e...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
  • "This book along with the Magician's Nephew are my two favorite books in the series. " in 2 reviews
  • "Great book, I read/read tothis as a child and have many fond memories of my family reading it together." in 2 reviews
  • "So much better than the movie." in 1 review
  • "Now I enjoy reading it to my little girl." in 1 review
  • "With religious influences, adventure, danger and family matters explored, it is a beautifully written piece that will be cherished for many years to come." in 1 review
Sarah S.
Moore, OK
I loved reading the book Narnia! C.S. Lewis is a great author! It has great details and great imagination along with it! I would encourage you to read this book! It is reasonably priced for me! It is defiantly worth the read! I recommend this book!
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Read this book in middle school. Can't remember too much about it, except it had a lot of detail; similar to Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings books. Middle school age on up can read and comprehend this book.
Tayler H.
Richardson, TX
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is a must read for anyone with an imagination. It's not too young so adults can read it too! It's a really great series and great detailed story of 3 kids that walk through a wardrobe and discover a beautiful land of talking creatures. My favorites character is the lion! Read it!
Kaitlyn D.
Roseburg, OR
One of my favorite books in childhood, and one that I still love today! C.S. Lewis is an incredible author with a mind for great details, and develops strong characters that you can't help but love.
Jennifer C.
I think if I would have read this as a child it would have been a full five stars. I really enjoyed this story, and the seemingly magical world of Narnia. The idea of being transported to a new world through a simple wardrobe is such a great escape. The main characters of the four children each represent specific characteristics, and you get to know them throughout the story. I also liked the incorporation of the various animals and magical creatures, as that sparks ones imagination. This book was a simple and short read, but a very pleasant experience. The only thing lacking was a well rounded plot, but you have to take into account that the plot does continue in further books.
Cheyenne D.
Utica, NY
I really enjoyed this book as a kid. I love anything that takes you to a whole, complex world. Given some of the interpretations, I think I would receive it much differently as an adult now.
Brittany S.
Aberdeen, SD
To be completely honest with you I could not get into the lion the witch and the wardrobe I had an issue with the fact that they marketed this book as a "Christian book "but yet there was a witch in the book but at the same time when Harry Potter came out they made that out to seem like the worst Siri is possible because there was witches and wizards in there as well I just don't think that it's fair I think it's the dumbest thing ever
Emma M.
Altus, OK
This is one of my favorite books of all time! I just got a new set of these for Christmas and love them. It's a timeless story for kids, but it's actually got a ton to offer adults as well. Lewis gets to the cruz of big issues in a simple but not oversimplified way.
Rachel P.
Safety Harbor, FL
This series is excellent. Very creative and inventive. The author, C. S. Lewis was close friends with Tolkien, the author of Lord of the Rings. There are lots of religious and especially Catholic undertones (good vs. evil, garden of eden, a savior in the form of Aslan, the lion, etc). Very appropriate for children and adults.
Brittney S.
Fort Payne, AL
This book is very exciting. With its up's and down's due to a little traitor, Edmund. The magical land of Narnia never get's old/boring and never will. The series will carry on, while the 4 children seek out new adventure's and also meet new characters. This book made me feel like I was actually in the beautiful world of Narnia.
erisa t.
Is that book boring? ?
Kandyse W.
Kinston, NC
Have they done all the movie remakes for this series?
Maria D.
Whats author name
carly k.
GUELPH, ON
Bookworm Expert Level 3
If ive seen the movie, would you recommend reading the book
Mabel S.
How accurate is the movie to the book?