BY THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK

• Did this game make anyone else sad? You would fix everyth...4 Answers
  • How fun is this game like can i know what you think about...5 Answers
  • Does anyone else really enjoy this story line?26 Answers
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • "it has a great story line and unforgettable characters such as the skull kid and link love the mask system wish they would bring it back." in 22 reviews
  • "There are side quests and puzzles to be completed to secure more masks, oh, and did I mention that there is impending doom and a clock to remind you that time is running out?" in 13 reviews
  • "With an intriguing, dark story line and great game play, puzzles and characters it is one of the best Zelda games released to date. " in 10 reviews
  • "you have to have this game if you own an N64 it will take you hours to get through and if your like me you have to get all the masks so much fun " in 8 reviews
  • "By far the best old school LOZ game, I have a love hate relationship with the way the game is set out, i love the concept of having the three days until the end of the world and having to do everything in those certain time frames... it's just having enough real life time to go back and fourth all the time." in 8 reviews
Ashleigh M.
This game is amazing. The story in a nutshell is you travel to a town and a cursed moon will fall within three days. Within those three days you progress through the story by traveling to new places, meeting new people, and gathering new things. The goal is to obtain all the masks in the game (and save the world I guess 😉). The characters in this game are awesome as they have a bit more depth compared to other N64 games. Honestly some of the monsters and masks creeped me out as a kid so watch the ages of kiddos who are playing.
autumn g.
Mineral Wells, WV
One of the most creative games out there. I love how concepts from ocarina of time were introduced in a new light. Love the character design, story, and game mechanics. Although, I will admit that constantly being timed can be a little stressful. 10/10 would recommend to any gamer.
Ericka B.
Brooklyn, NY
This is and will always be my favorite Zelda game ever. It has an urgency that the rest do not and a wide array of quests to fulfill during the three day cycle. The story is deep and touching and makes you really care for all the characters in Clock Town.
Miriam P.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Such a great game. Honestly all of the Zelda games are amazing! Any kids are good playing this game. It brings hours of fun and it’s awesome solving all the quests! Recommend this to beginners and amateurs and everyone in between!
Amanda B.
Scranton, PA
This is and always will be my favorite video game of all time. My mom used to play this on the first Nintendo, and I remember it most vividly on the Nintendo 64 and Game Cube. I guess this game just brings back childhood memories. I think it's the best Zelda game because there are so many fun side quests to do whilst completing the main task - saving the world from the evil skull kid. The graphics are obviously better too. I enjoyed collecting all the different masks helping the different characters in their troubles.
Jojo G.
New Orleans, LA
This is definitely a classic game in the model of Zelda. There are side quests and a very organized map, you pop into each section to beat the dungeon, then pop out to defeat the big bad. That said, I absolutely love it, and it has so many charming aspects of the Zelda universe. The one thing I didn't like was the three day time limit before you have to reset, which made sense in terms of the game's narrative, but ended up being more of an annoying hassle to deal with then a compelling plot point or an interesting obstacle. Still, it's a great game, and classic Zelda, which always has me happy!
Chris R.
Straw Plains, TN
One of my top favorite LoZ games, Majora's Mask delivers a new type of story going away from Hyrule and introducing a new but somewhat familiar land. There is always something to do during gameplay from the tedious temples to the fun side quests Majora's Mask offers you, you can never become bored playing this game... well, unless you end up finishing the game.

Even so, you can always put the game down and go back and play it weeks, months, even years later and re-experience all the fun things Majora's Mask has to offer!
Antoinette P.
Littleton, CO
Majora’s Mask, [MM], is my favorite Zelda game. There, I said it. Before any purists start pulling their Master swords on me, let me make my case. My strongest passion for this game is almost my weakest reason; there is something indefinable about this game that makes me love it. Do you ever just get lost in a game -- you’ve finished the storyline but you still find yourself wandering around it? That’s me: running around Termina just to be there. Swimming as Mikau just to feel that freedom in the water. It goes beyond re-playability; there’s a part of me that belongs in that game and continues to propel me into it. I think a lot of people miss this point, which is fine because it is incredibly difficult to communicate – those who understand it do so because they know this feeling, they’re already there.
But just looking at the main points of the game, I still think it’s great. The mask system is amazing. I love how MM introduces this ability to don a mask and take on at the most a new being and at the least a new ability. I think it is such a great re-imagining of a traditional item system because it incorporates so many more options.
The time system is seen as one of the games greatest deficits. I can absolutely see where some people are coming from but I myself did not feel that way. It adds another level of depth to the game that I find enchanting. It created slightly more anxiety in me, which sounds negative but truly is not. You could mess up something seven ways to Sunday but reset it with a simple melody. It is hope. Hope that this world is not doomed after all; you can save it regardless of how many times it takes. This little glimmer of hope is the one ray that you need to save this forlorn town and its forlorn citizens.
Another point often brought up is the absence of the Triforce or the Master Sword. After all, isn’t that what Zelda is about? If you respond “yes”, then I think you’ve missed one of the greatest aspects about Zelda. It’s about the adventure and the heroism. It’s about weaving a narrative tale that never lets you go. The Triforce and Master Sword can be parts of this tale, and certainly were and continue to be, but they are not the core. The core is the journey, as clichéd as that is.
Asking me to pick my favorite Zelda game should be equated to asking me to pick my favorite child. I could do it, but it’s hard and I don’t want to because I love all of them, [you don’t have to call me a bad mother, I don’t have any children]. I will always love the Zelda series, but you will probably often hear the song of healing drifting slowly from my room.
Rachel T.
DOYLESTOWN
I adore the Zelda franchise. Majora's Mask, however, is a truly unique experience. First of all, no Zelda to be found! She is not in this game, nor is Hyrule or the usual suspects. Link and Epona are some of the few repeats. You do get to see Malon.
This game is far more puzzle heavy than the others, but a good portion of them are optional, so if you are looking for 100% completion, you're going to be in Clock Town for a long long time. The game has a habit of tricking you into doing optional tasks, so if you're looking for a speed run type of game, you're out of luck. Which is deceiving, given that you only have 3 days to save the world.
It appears as though the makers of Ocarina of Time said to themselves, okay, people love that time turning ocarina, let's make another game where time is your ultimate enemy.
I know quite a few people who play this game and get very stressed out due to the time constraints. Each cycle lasts for 3 days, and then you must turn back time, and start the 3 days over again. And lose all of your progress, with the exception of the money you've saved in the bank. The only achievements that carry over are the masks you collect (and one sword upgrade which is real obnoxious to get).
I didn't give this game an A because of its insane meticulous detail that you're expected to go through, and also how many times you have to do the same task over and over again. But I didn't give it a C because it has such a wonderful world to it, with many engaging stories. And, because of the time constraints and the complex nature of things, everything feels so much more amazing when you complete tasks. It really makes you feel good as a player. There are so many characters involved in the drama that is Clock Town. If you want a story heavy game, it's there for you. If you just want to say screw it and go fight enemies and bosses, they're waiting for you.
Overall, it's a really great game, but a hell of a job to beat.
Lauren L.
Rainsville, AL
Majora's Mask is one of the most unique games out there. You have three days and three nights to stop a child possessed by an evil mask from making the moon fall.

I'm not going to lie, this game is a lot more difficult than Ocarina of Time, the Zelda game that was released right before it. But it's so much fun and has such a dark, interesting story. And there's so much to do, so many sidequests.

Majora's Mask is definitely the best Zelda game.
Jessica L.
Washington, DC
Favorite mask? Deku, Goron, or Zora?
Lafeesha S.
San Antonio, TX
Does anyone else really enjoy this story line?
Amanda W.
STE D, Porter
WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHARACTER/LINK?
Rachel S.
Southbridge, MA
What's your favorite song in this game? Mine is the Deku Palace. :D
Danielle B.
Edmonton, AB
How long did it take you to beat the game?