The Incredible Journey (Hardcover)

A Siamese cat, an old bull terrier, and a young Labrador retriever travel together 250 miles through the Canadian wilderness to find their family. see more...

Buy on Amazon
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Sheila Burnford has taken us on our own Incredible Journey, one that rivals the epic adventures the character's in the story plough on through. 'The Incredible Journey' is about an old dog, a strong Labrador and a tricky cat,who join together and walk the length of Canada, just to reach the house in which their owners live.
It is a very imaginative piece, with that good old classic writing style, and the wit and humour that you look for in any kind of book. By the time you have finished you will be thinking, "MORE, MORE, MORE!!!"
Heather B.
Deland, FL
I have always loved true stories and this one is remarkable! I read this book as a child and have watched the movie with my daughter several times. Amazing how intelligent animals are. An uplifting tale that is perfect for children and adult animal lovers.
Heather P.
This is a cute, heartwarming tale of two dogs and a cat that embark on an amazing journey to return to their owners. The movie Homeward Bound was based off of this book and if you like the movie, you will love the book!
Kim R.
Ashburn, VA
This is one of my favorite books ever! I loved the movie when I was a kid but a couple of years ago I picked up the book in attempt to relive the story. It was amazing how my mind created a totally different visual narrative than the movie of old and how much I enjoyed reading it. I recommend it to those who have seen the older movie and those who have not.
Natalie K.
Marysville, OH
Bookworm Expert Level 3
If you're looking to teach your children the meaning of friends and family this is a great book to do that. It's about a ling journey for 1 cat and 2 dogs that think their family left them. They take a journey back home. Lots of trials and tribulations for the trio. Read it to find out if they are all reunited.
Amber K.
N Huntingdon, PA
Bookworm Expert Level 3
This is the book that the movie Homeward Bound wS based on. A story about a families 2 dogs and a cat that think their family abandoned them when they leave them on a relatives farm to be watched while they go away. They make it through the wilderness and find their way back home to them.
Lindsie W.
Latrobe, PA
Beware, this story is a tearjerker! It's a lovable and heartwarming story following housepets as they make their way back home after a few mishaps. This brought back so many memories of my childhood and I would definitely recommend to anyone of any age!
Krista M.
Baldwinsville, NY
I absolutely love this book, movie, and entire storyline! It gave me faith when our cat went missing that he would return home. I went through this with two cats. One disappeared for 2 weeks and eventually came back home scrawny and hungry. The second cat was only gone overnight, thankfully, but I couldn't sleep and was crying until my mom reminded me of this story and that everything would be okay. If I ever have children of my own this will definitely make it to the bookshelf!
Jasmina I.
Ankeny , IA
Great book for children. First heard it back in fourth grade when our teacher read it to us. We were all glued to our desks just listening to her read to us. They now have a movie about it too and it's awesome
Valerie R.
Crystal City, TX
Very heartwarming! I'm getting teary eyed just reviewing this! ! I'm so glad they made this book into a movie, the movie touches my heart so much! it was a big part of my childhood :)
Britton L.
What is this book about and what age is it for?
Ashley s.
Akron, OH
Does anybody else have a first edition of this book?
Cheyenne D.
I didn't know they had a book in this.