BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

Traces the development of Disney animation, explains what made Disney's style unique, and features original sketches and drawings revealing the origins of Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters see more...

Buy on Walmart*
Jeanelle h.
Jeanelle h.
Newark, NJ
Love this ❤️ this book is so good my daughter will never lie lmao she does not want a big nose
Erica V.
Erica V.
Conyers, GA
Pop Culture Expert
I love this book I read it every once in a while for my soon before nap time
Starleen V.
Starleen V.
Pharr, TX
Pop Culture Expert
I read this for my little cousins when they come over and they really LOVE it 👍🏼
Lin L.
Lin L.
Aubrey, TX
This book is a must for fans of classic Disney animation. Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnson were two of Walt's "Nine Old Men" and among the most influential animators in both Disney and animation history. Their story is amazing. If you see this book available, buy it! It is well worth the cost for any fan of Disney history or the history of animation.
Dani R.
Dani R.
A must have for any Disney or animation fan. Some interesting facts and details about what makes Disney unique.
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Any Disney lover would be doing themselves a favour by getting this. I was able to snag it on sale, and as an animator, this offers a lot of inspiration. There is a TON of content from many of the films we all know and love, and pieces by legendary artists showing the details of their processes. It's a visually stunning compilation, and I think it garners much appreciation whether you're an artist yourself or just a lover of cartoons.

I do think it's important to note that while this book will give you good insight into animation, it won't tell you how to do things. It will tell you how THOSE artists did things, and every artist has their own process and every project has its own criteria and pace. For those learning to animate, this won't be a book that teaches you the 12 principles or guide you step by step on how to be come a successful artist. If anything, it will just demonstrate how much time and effort goes into the success of past and existing artists.
Jay T.
Jay T.
Toronto
Pop Culture Expert
A must-read for Disney fans as well as students and fans of animation. Lots of great history, information, and of course artwork inside. A favorite in my personal library.
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert
I love all things Disney! My parents used to read me this when it was time for bed! Now I want to buy it ASAP!
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert
I love all things Disney! My parents used to read this to me when I was little and now I want to go find this and buy it ASAP