BY THE HOBBIT

• In comparison to the movie how do u like the book?3 Answers
  • Have you ever been to a book signing?4 Answers
  • Am I the only one who really wanted to read these but fou...4 Answers
The Hobbit
  • "This is a really great book and a must read for any book lover and avid reader." in 5 reviews
  • "I've been meaning to re-read the Hobbit for a while now, I read it in high school and to this day it is still my favorite book." in 5 reviews
Kimberly M.
North Edwards, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The Hobbit if you are a fan of the Lord of the Rings series then this book is one you should definitely read. The Hobbit is entertaining and make you use your imagination. This book is probably my favorite book in the series. Maybe it is because I favor the Hobbits? I would recommend this book to anyone from 12 on up to any age.
Brooke G.
Union Grove
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This is the starting tale that happens before the lord of the rings trilogy. Here you find out how Bilbo finds the ring, what happens when they get to the mountain, and the war between all of the species for the gold inside of the mountain. Is an awesome tale.
Gina L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book absolutely sucks you in and makes you think you’re in this whole new world where there are hobbits and dragons and etc. the storyline is one of the best! I read this before reading LOTR. It’s definitely a must read for LOTR fans.
Michelle G.
My favorite book ever. This one is paperback so after having it for awhile it does get worn out. It also contains bonus material such as Tolkien talking about the history of Middle-Earth. There's also a map of Middle Earth. I think everyone should read this book. What Tolkien did was amazing. He created a whole history of Middle Earth and also the Elvin language before ever writing these books. No one has ever done what he did.
Jennifer D.
Bookworm Expert Level 3
The Hobbit is one of my all time favorite books. My parents read it to me when I was a child and I read it to my kids. It is a fantastic adventure that is great for any age (even the “scariest” parts are not overly scary).
Randi G.
Banner Elk
A great tale for all ages. I remember when i was younger curling up outside to reading Tolkien's' beautiful world. I even remember learning elvish just for the heck of it! The words paint a beautiful, vivid landscape and you see a movie playing in front of you with each word.
Jillian M.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Tolkien has a way of writing that completely immerses you in his world. And you want this alternate universe to exist SO badly, in spite of all the drama. The descriptions may go on too long for some, but you have to respect the thoroughness with which Tolkien created these worlds. He created languages and maps! It’s the foundation for why these worlds are so loved and feel so real.
Jennifer P.
Richmond
The hobbit is one of my favorite books! I first read it in middle school, and actually enjoyed the LotR trilogy better at that point. However, going back and re reading it years later had it easily jumping into my list of favorite books!
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Forced to read this book in 6th grade. Way too complicated of a reading level. The amount of detail in this book is similar to the Game of Thrones books. I quickly became bored and was worried I wouldn't enjoy the movie when it was made years later (I did).
Sam G.
Lanham, MD
This is the granddaddy of all epic fantasy. Tolkien weaves an engrossing tale that will thrill readers of all ages with heroic characters on an epic quest on a fully realized massive world. The story is a work of art, and leads perfectly into the lord of the rings trilogy. If you haven't read these books, than you don't have the right to call yourself a fantasy fan, they are that good.
Dani M.
Oklahoma City, OK
Is it worth reading?
Jennifer H.
Richmond, VA
How do you think this book compares to the movies? The movies include other events from Tolkien's world but do you think that takes away from The Hobbit's tale?
Baylor S.
Knoxville, TN
Would it be better for me to read the lord of the flies series first or the hobbit?
Abigail N.
Is this book a good read?
Diana Q.
What is it about this book that has everyone talking about it?