BY TATE TAYLOR

The #1 New York Times bestseller by Kathryn Stockett comes to vivid life through the powerful performances of a phenomenal ensemble cast. Led by Emma Stone, Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Bryce Dallas Howard, The Help is an inspirational, courageous and empowering story about very different, extraordinary women in the 1960s South who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project — one that breaks society’s rules and puts them all at risk. Filled with poignancy, humor and hope, The Help is a timeless, universal and triumphant story about the ability to create change.

• Who else thought the pie thing was the best revenge>?25 Answers
  • Is the help a good book? Where my bookworms at?8 Answers
  • Did anyone else cry watching this movie??14 Answers
The Help

Start your review of The Help!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "Great movie its sad and happy and funny and helps you see what went on back in the day its a truley inspiring movie " in 13 reviews
  • "The cast was perfect for the flick and I would easily recommend it to anyone looking for a good movie to watch." in 11 reviews
  • "A very well done movie and how it was to be hired help during the 60's while racism was rampant." in 8 reviews
  • "It brings me to tears every time I watch it and I really enjoy the whole story line because it shows you how "The Help" was really treated by most families. " in 7 reviews
  • "There were some new actress in the movie and they were great definitely a must see" in 7 reviews
Saundra G.
Palm Bay Florida
I loved this movie, the poo pie was so priceless. I definitely do recommend this movie to friends and family. It was a very entertaining movie..  The Help
Kalei B.
Noxapater, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The help was based on racism & how the helpers of the house try to build a life without racism. There is a women on their side in the white community to try to connect to the other women to treat their help all the same as anyone else.
Heather A.
E Fairfield, VT
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I loved this movie Im a big fan of Emma Stonw and I thought ahe was superb in this movie, my favorite scene is the pie scene where Byrce Dallas Howard eats it and finds out it's made of poo. I loved that the lesson well the lesson to me was not to be afraid to be different and break out of that mold everyone puts everyone in.
Michelle E.
Johnson City, TN
Oh my goodness I love love love this movie and was just talking about it yesterday. It's a good. You learn alot about the past and my favorite part..... well... the lady likes that pie... she eats that pie 😂😂
Addy W.
Cascade, IA
Another classic about inequality and segregation in the South. Such an inspiring and empowering story about African American women who work for white people. Many amazing lessons can be learned from this book. “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.”
robin k.
Loveland, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie is amazing. i personally would definitely recommend watching this, it’s based on racist / white people. and i just love it. there’s some parts that are funny. but the best part is that it shows how african american people shouldn’t be treated
Jay 💖.
This movie really teaches an important lesson on society and history in general! I liked the book a lot better than the movie,but the movie did the trick as well. I would recommend having teenagers and young adults watch this especially. The movie had a decent cast and still drew me in. I'd give it a 8.2/10.
Madison E.
Pearl, MS
I live in Jackson and often, I go to the places in this movie. I just ate at Brent’s Drugs on Sunday! The Junior League of Jackson is still alive and well, but of course, they are actually very helpful and not a diet tribe in someone’s living room. Everyone should watch this movie!
Sarah B.
Greenville, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Believe it or not, this is my husband's favorite movie! I would recommend it to anyone. The storyline is very touching and human, and the performance by each of the actresses is PHENOMENAL. I can't imagine a better film interpretation of the book.
Tabi M.
Mount Vernon
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I loved the book and the movie. The actors made you feel their side of how it felt for people of color back then it makes you want to cry throw things at the screen then laugh until your sides ache (Minnys pie) a feel good ending although I imagine it was quite different then but it show a hopefulness and change aspect and all around great feel good movie !
Amanda G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Clarissa G.
Waldron , Ar
Gina G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Did anyone else cry watching this movie??
Jackylinn Marie G.
Baytown , TX
1,217 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Is the help a good book? Where my bookworms at?
Nuria M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Is the book better than the movie?