BY J. K. ROWLING #1 in Books

The Harry Potter Series
  • "I think this series defined me and my character during my childhood.. since the moment I've read first book and watched first movie, it was love at first sight..since then I re-read it many times and watched movies several times." in 116 reviews
  • "Started reading these after I seen the 1st movie and loved them so much that I started pre-ordering the books months before they came out." in 109 reviews
  • "Well, they are amazing, life changing and extremely well written and J.K Rowling truly pulls you into an incredible world, that will stay with you forever" in 82 reviews
  • "So well written and so vivid, JK Rowling is the person who taught me how to immerse into a book instead of reading words on a page." in 73 reviews
  • "No matter how many times I read the series I can always re-read them and be just as interested as the first time I picked the book up." in 47 reviews
Katherine E.
Los Angeles, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Might sound cliché, but this series it’s an absolute masterpiece. This series was what made my childhood, I grew up reading about the boy who lived and his friends. It helped me survive through a lot of hardships growing up. It was my complete escape from reality. This series was what got me into reading and made me the bookworm that I am now. I was gifted the series in paperback back when I was just a kid in elementary school, now about 20 years later that I am 25 years old, I still have it, they gone through so much so they’re falling apart in some pages but I don’t think I can ever let it go. I will be purchasing the illustrated series of books that have been coming out but I will still keep my original old beat up books because they’re complete treasure for me. If you haven’t yet read this series, have you ever lived? Did you even have a childhood? Read it!!! You won’t regret it, I assure you of that! It’s amazing, it takes you on a great and wonderful adventure with Harry Potter and his friends. You get to experience a world of magic! You get to fly on a broom, a flying car, a mythical creature, and a dragon for dead sake!! If that doesn’t sound awesome as it is; you get to duel, cast magic spells, make magic potions, talk to moving paintings, eat live like candy!!! You get to do many extraordinary things!!! And you get to fight the Dark Lord Voldemort and his followers the Death Eaters and save the day!! Just give it a try! I bet you’ll fall in love as quickly as I did 20 years ago!
Jessica C.
This series was my life for many years. To this day I get excited when I see the movies are on tv even though I’ve seen each one 20 times (not exaggerating). I still keep the books front and center on my bookcase. And I still feel like I am in heaven whenever I got to Harry Potter World at Universal which I am lucky enough to go to a few times a year. This series is more than just a series it is a community of people that you are now connected to. I’ve read many book series in my life but none had the effect on me that Harry and his friends did. This book may be in the children’s section, but the lessons and advice from the characters are some many adults could also learn from. And it is addicting so if you haven’t read this yet, get ready to enter an entire new world before your eyes.
Jay 💖.
Gosh,I'm sure I can't say anything about this fabulous series that hasn't been said before,but here goes! I read these books to death,to the point where Order of the phoenix is being held apart by tape to this day! I fell in love when my older brother introduced me to the books at about age 11-12. Always being an advanced reader,I dove right in,and lost myself in the world of magic and friendships. These books were so creative and full of twists and turns and heart wrenching moments,that they never failed to entertain me. I was a very loud,active child,but I spent more time than I can tell sitting quietly and reading these books over and over. I still will pull them out and read them from time to time. Extremely fun,creative series that I would definitely recommend. The books have so much more spirit than the movies,and I highly recommend giving them a read.
Sarah D.
I did this backwards and watched the movies first, then read the series but I'm glad I did it that way. The books have so much finite detail and character quirks that are missed in the movies and better explain why things happened the way they did. Rowling did such a great job of immersing people of all walks of live into this brand new, much more spectacular and turmoil filled world. Pottermore gives even more insight and always leaves me with a sense that I could never learn everything about their world and it continues to keep my interest.
Ryan W.
As a kid, I always heard people talking about how good the Harry Potter books are. I never got around to reading them until recently and I have to say, they definitely live up to the hype. They really do have an unmatched immersive quality. The way that the books tackle really dark messages or undertones in such a light and heartfelt way really results in a reading experience that I want everyone I know to have. I recommend these to all my friends and family. I don't know a better series of books.
Tracy G.
Clearwater, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Holy cow the Harry Potter books! These things are so good! I read all the books. A few of them were more enjoyable than others of course but the whole story is amazing. You really get to know all the characters and the whole thing has turned into such an amazing franchise with the movies and Universal Studios jumping on board. Magic is real!
Katie S.
Marlton, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I got into this series way later in my life than I should have, but I’m SO happy I did! I have definitely found Home here. I absolutely love the story and how it gradually becomes more complicated as Harry gets older. I love that it tears my heart out and then puts it back together. I love how different all of the characters are. And I love how I can just go back again and again! This is a must-read series for everyone!
Laura M.
Louisville, KY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Of course you have probably heard of Harry Potter so Im not going to go into the story line of the books, but these books are so well written. They are fun to read. Kids love them. Adults love them.. The author did a great job on the whole series. I have read all of these twice and I plan on reading them again. They never disappoint and are great to read when you wanna pass the time. I highly recommend.
Ilze D.
Binghamton, NY
There are too many words. I love, love, love this series! Although Harry is a child when we meet him, we learn and grow throughout his years at Hogwarts. There are characters to love and hate, magic, dragons, and Fluffy. If I had to pick one favorite character, I’m definitely Team Neville. True life lessons of friendship, morality, and the age old battle of good vs evil await in this bewitching saga.
Samantha V.
Vero Beach, FL
Out of all the books and book series I've ever read, and I've read tons lol, i have never read anything I love more than Harry Potter. These aren't merely children's books. This story reveals the true meaning of friendship and what it means to be good or bad, it really unlocks morality issues, and pressing matters going on in the world today. This series is for any and every age, the characters are phenomenal and relatable and the best role models (except for Umbridge lololol). But seriously, even if you dont like to read, these are something for almost everyone.
Cassi M.
Orlando, FL
Favorite character?! I love the Weasley twins...and Sirius.
Genita K.
I've never read Harry Potter stories. Are these for children or adults
Danielle H.
Nanaimo, British Columbia
I haven't read the books but I have seen all the movies! Are they better than the movies?
Christine B.
Tecumseh, MI
Who is everybody's favorite character? I really like Hermoine
Beant M.
What is your favorite book from the series??