The Handmaid's Tale

by Hulu

Set in a dystopian future, a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship.

Have you seen The Handmaid's Tale tv show? I'm on the last season right now. It's so good :) [product:the-handmaids-tale]
On a scale of 1 to 10 how interesting this is? The Handmaid's Tale ( TV Shows ) [product:the-handmaids-tale]
When is the next season of The Handmaid's Tale going to be released?
Start your review of The Handmaid's Tale!
Shanta H.
Louisville, KY
The Handmaid's Tale uploaded by Shanta H.
A dystopian drama about a religious group overrunning the government. It seems like a show that its a little out there. But it is so good. I really only subscribe to hulu when the show comes out. Its full of so mamy twists and turns and has such a amazing cast you won't regret giving this this show a chance. Can't wait for the next season.
Samantha B.
Loveland, CO
This is a surreal dystopian show that also has a strong female lead. It's is simultaneously difficult to watch and impossible to stop watching as it addresses difficult topics like women's rights and speration of church and state. Definitely binge worthy!
Colleen K.
Madison, WI
Margaret Atwood truly knows how to bring a story to life with her use of diction and vivid imagery. This book is one that will be hard to put down. In today's society, where sexual assault and misogyny are still prevalent, Atwood gives a dystopic reality if men really did take over. I also highly recommend the TV Show on Hulu! Elizabeth Moss is brilliant.
Ashley P.
San Antonio, TX
This book is sooooo good it grabs your attention from the beginning. And it is just a book that really makes you think about how blessed you are in today's society. This is one of my favorites of all time I would recommend all women read it just to get an idea of what could be.
Alyssa B.
Walkertown, NC
A good dystopian and speculative fiction book. Interesting idea premise. Could have used a little more character development. I imagine that it is getting higher reviews due to the recent production of the Hulu Series based on this book.
Gina C.
Cincinnati, OH
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The ONLY reason I subscribe to Hulu is this series. It is so strangely awesome. I would recommend this series to anyone because it is that awesome. A new season is coming up. It’s so bizarrely unreal you can’t stop watching!
Ashley R.
Eatonton, GA
Wow... terrifying and incredibly thought provoking. This rocked my core more than any supernatural horror story ever could. The only thing more terrifying is it’s relevance today. I only wish there were more of it! Atwood delivered one hell of a story and you won’t be able to stop turning the pages or listening.
El E.
Goreville, IL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is a extremely well written and thoughtfully entertaining read. It makes you question a lot, and you see the fictional stories playing out thru history and in the world today. It makes for a scary prospect. But the book is amazing, one of my favorites to reread and reread.
Eva R.
Birmingham, AL
Anxiously waiting for this next season. This series definitely shows some strong scenes but the story line caught my attention and it has keep me very interested in finding out what happens next. It is full of action and thrill, so if that is what you are searching for, search no more.
Reilley L.
Columbus, OH
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The Handmaid's Tale uploaded by Reilley L.
As a teenager I read this novel in high school. Then the themes of the book meant very little to me; however, in today’s more perilous political environment, they take on a new and expanded meaning. The rights of women, mostly fertile women who can produce babies for the elite, are subjugated in cruel and dehumanizing ways. One might draw the comparison with minority groups that are fearful of the loss of rights under the blue blood, patriarchal government system in place today. Thankfully just like today, there are those characters whom struggle and suffer to make small gains in the rights of the oppressed. Knowingly or unknowingly, Atwood has written a novel that continues to be as topical today as it was when first written.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Marlyne B.
Lebanon, IN
il y a 4 mois
Have you seen The Handmaid's Tale tv show? I'm on the last season right now. It's so good :) The Handmaid's Tale
Shanta H. il y a 4 mois
Yes! Such a good show. Can't wait for the next season.
Nino K.
Brooklyn, NY
il y a un an
Candy A. il y a 6 mois
10! It’s so amazing and the story keeps you riveted and wanting more. It’s so great.
Eva R.
Birmingham, AL
il y a un an
Kelly C. il y a un an
I've heard that its supposed to be coming back in the fall, but I don't know the exact date.
Nadine D.
Edmonton, AB
il y a 2 ans
Nadine D. il y a 2 ans
I haven’t yet but I really want to!
Kristy G.
West Falls, NY
Sandra W.
Mableton , GA
Lillian S.
Yonkers, NY
1,629 reviews
il y a 2 ans
The Handmaid's Tale one of my fav series. Recommend it to everyone. Stranger Things scifi but good one as well.
jill D. il y a 2 ans
Where is this series? My GF raves about it!