The Goonies uploaded by Sierra C.The Goonies uploaded by Alejandra G.

BY RICHARD DONNER #44 in Movies

The combined talents of two of today's most prominent filmmakers - Academy Award, Emmy and Golden Globe-winner Steven Spielberg ("Munich," "War of the Worlds") and Richard Donner ("16 Blocks," "Lethal Weapon") -- created this box office hit that delights the young and the young at heart. When a group of ordinary kids discover a secret treasure map, their sleepy seaport lives are suddenly transformed into a fun-filled, roller-coaster ride filled with heart-pounding adventure and peril. Starring Academy Award-nominee Sean Astin ("The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, "50 First Dates"), Emmy-winner Joe Pantoliano (TV's "The Soprano's," "The Matrix"), Academy Award-nominee Anne Ramsey ("Throw Mamma From the Train," "Scrooged"), Emmy-nominee Martha Plimpton ("Running on Empty," "Parenthood"), Corey Feldman ("The Lost Boys," "Stand By Me"), Kerri Green ("Lucas," "Summer Rental"), Josh Brolin ("Into the Blue," "Hollow Man") and Robert Davi ("Hot Chick," "Die Hard").

• Did any of you go on crazy adventure as a kid after seeing The Go...4 Answers
  • When is a good age for a child to watch this for the first time?27 Answers
  • When did you first watch the goonies?21 Answers
The Goonies
  • "my mom introduced me to this movie because she saw this movie when she was a teenager and i really loved this movie its one of those classic movies that never gets you tired of watching it and really recommend to watch it" in 9 reviews
  • "Such a great movie, it may not have been a movie that came out when I was younger but, I watched it growing up!" in 6 reviews
  • "You gotta reach the treasure 😀 Growing up I always lived by that this movie never gets old I love it I always called myself a goonie" in 6 reviews
  • "This is one of my all time favorite movies it one of my go to movies when I want to watch something funny." in 5 reviews
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie will always be a cult classic! I’ve been watching this movie for years and I don’t know if I could pick a favorite scene,. The acting is good but you can tell the time period it was made. I will watch again and again.
T B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie always creeped me out as a kid. It was just weird! I like the kids on an adventure theme of it, but it was just not a favorite movie of mine. Won’t be watching it again, but I know other people who have loved it!
Sara D.
New Castle, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The goonies is a fabulous action packed movie about teens looking for a way to save their neighborhood from being torn down and replaced by a golf course. These kids go on a wild and adventurous hunt to find a treasure from one eyed Willy, a famous pirate who supposedly buried his riches near their home. The kids are also being chased by a crime family who will kill the kids to get their hands on one eyed willy's treasure. It's really a fun movie.
Kimberly S.
Winston, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
And 80s kids cult favorite. This movie is about a group of young men trying to save the goon docs from a golf course wanting to be built where their house is currently standing. From the beginning credits to the end it's a gripping story of a one eyed Willy treasure hunt that you'll never forget. Goonies never say die! Once a goodie always a goonie!
Mayra A.
This takes me back when I had just arrived from Mexico. Without knowing any English my siblings and I will laugh every time we watched it. Now that we're fluent in English we laugh because we understood it differently lol. I bought it for my son last year and he loved it. Can't go wrong with this movie. Super inexpensive I found at target btw!!
Kerry T.
Favorite 80s movie ever! Yes, it contains a few curse words, but I love the movie so much I've shown it to my 9 year old! The characters are all so different but the force of family drives them on an over the top adventure together. It's beautifully written, acted and funny as well as heartfelt! A must watch!
Alysia R.
port townsend, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I hope everyone here has seen this movie at least once. If you have kids this is a must watch. This is a classic timeless movie. It is funny, a little suspenseful. It is a great family entertaining adventure. I love that it is wholesome and appropriate to watch with your family. My favorite scene? Truffle shuffle. I have seen this a million times and my kids grew up loving an this awesome movie.
Maria De Jesus B.
A childhood classic! I own The Goonies, purchased on my XFinity on demand account. I've watched it a million times and I never get sick of it! A classic movie about young boys searching for gold to save their home and neighborhood from being bulldozed and turned into a golf course. Off they go on their Goonies Adventure! A must for any collection! <3
Rachel B.
This movie is so entertaining! I watched it so many times when I was younger, and I always enjoyed it! The kids going on a journey to find treasure, and the scary older lady trying to stop them, it always keeps me on the edge of my seat! A 100% would recommend!
Roxie K.
Jackson, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Loving this movie its full of laughs and excitement.These little kids where in everything and was on a great adventure.And it would be a good movie to sit down and watch with your children or your grandbabies or just by yourself.. I would recommend.
Catherine K.
When is a good age for a child to watch this for the first time?
Betty S.
Castlegar, BC
What is your favorite part of the movie? Or your favorite memory that stems from the movie?
Ana J.
Glen Ellyn , IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
When did you first watch the goonies?
Dana M.
Buffalo, Ny
Did you ever wish when you were a kid that you were a Goonie and was hunting for treasure?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
Who is your favorite character?