BY GLENLIVET

The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
The distillers of Scotch Whisky George & J.G. Smith.
ESTD 1824.
In 1824, George Smith established his distillery in the remote and wild location of Glenlivet.
Here, he found the perfect conditions to craft the definitive single malt whisky.
12 years of age.
Through this timeless, primeval valley run the icy waters of The River Livet.
Its name, "smooth flowing one" in Gaelic, reflects the Glenlivet's beautifully rich and elegant flavours.
Smooth flowing one.
Distilled at the Glenlivet distillery.
George & J.G. Smith.
Banffshire.
ESTD George & J. G. Smith Ltd 1824.
George Smith
750ml.
40% alc./vol.
The single malt that started it all. see more...

• What do you like about this? Is it super strong? What do you mix ...2 Answers
hector m.
The best scotch in town for the price. I wouldn't buy any other brands besides this one. Its very smooth with a slight smokeness to it. Hands down the best bang for your buck! Thanks Glenlivet company for putting out an excellent scotch! CHEERS!
Clare G.
Fort Worth
Well, Breakfast at Tiffany's made this a cult classic. Mid priced and amazing taste. I bought it at Specs Liquor and wherever I can. It is so vv classy and stands out. It's a special occasion drink for me and oh yes I am satisfied.
Rachel C.
I love my whiskey sours, one of the only drinks I will have when I go out because I'm not a huge fan of really sweet drinks. I decided to try this scotch on a whim because I did not want the harshness of Jack Daniels. I couldn't have made a better decision! This is the smoothst, silkiest scotch I've ever had (and more expensive) but this complimented my drink so well I'm contemplating keeping a bottle of this in my home just to have on the rocks (which I never have straight). I had the Glenlivet 12 and glad to say I won't go back to another whiskey for a long time.
Yancy C.
Republic, MO
This is a great place to start exploring single malts. The 12 and the 15 are not at all the same whiskey, but both are affordable. The 15 is a bit woody with a hint of spice and a good step up, but I actually prefer the 12. Neither is incredibly smoky and both have a couple of layers of complexity to get you started in the word of Scotch.
Warren C.
Boynton Beach, FL
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
This is a nice entry-level single malt. Being a 12-year-old, it's affordable for the novice Scotch drinker, since price increases astronomically with age. Glenlivet 12 is a Speyside Scotch, so it isn't as peaty as Islays. I would say it's on the sweeter side of Speysides, which again makes it a good Scotch for entry-level tasters.
Caitlin L.
Alexandria, VA
This is something I buy my boyfriend on special occasions because it is expensive but he loves it and it makes a great gift. I'm not a big scotch fan, but I was surprised to find how smooth this was after tasting
Kathleen F.
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
I buy this every year for my father and he loves it. They come in nice, decorative boxes and make a great gift to give others. He says that the flavor is nice and smooth and he will go through one bottle a year.
Erika S.
North Hollywood, CA
So delicious. Tried this at a speakeasy bar once and although it is a bit more than your average scotch, it's so worth it. I'm obsessed with it, have a bottle at home for a night cap after a long day. Must try.
Kayce Rae I.
This is one is the best Scotch Whiskey's available. The smoky smell and flavor is delicious from the time I pour it in my snifter to when it touches my lips. To me I enjoy it neat, but it's also good in a whiskey sour.
Sarah H.
West Chester, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
A very good gateway into the scotch drinking world. I know a lot of people who had this as their first single malt (myself included), and it opened them up to the lovely world of single malts.
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What do you like about this? Is it super strong? What do you mix it with? How many shots straight of this till you're nice and tipsy? Cause any hangovers? What whiskey do you prefer other than this?