BY CHEGG

A spellbinding amalgam of murder mystery, family saga, love story, and financial intrigue. It's about the disappearance 40 years ago of Harriet Vanger, a young scion of one of the wealthiest families in Sweden. and about her octogenarian uncle, determined to know the truth about what he believes was her murder. It's about Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently at the wrong end of a libel case, hired to get to the bottom of Harriet's disappearance. and about Lisbeth Salander, a 24-year-old, pierced and tattooed genius hacker possessed of the hard-earned wisdom of someone twice her age, who assists Blomkvist with the investigation. This unlikely team discovers a vein of nearly unfathomable iniquity running through the Vanger family, astonishing corruption in the highest echelons of Swedish industrialism - and an unexpected connection between themselves. see more...

• I hear that it takes a while for this...Yes it does take a bit to get ... 1 Answers
Buy on Kmart*
Emily P.
Emily P.
A serious thriller/ mystery/ crime story. The story was very well written with exceptional attention paid to details. It was a wild unpredictable story - the ending was not crazy and unexpected but it fit perfectly with the story the author had wove. Can't wait to get my hands on the next books in the trilogy so I can watch the movies (firm believer that you have to read the stories before you see films as they cannot cram all the detail into a 90 minute picture!)
Lindsay R.
Lindsay R.
Tampa, FL
This book is amazing! People have been talking about this book and finally decided to try it out. The author writes in such a way that you can't put it down! The Swedish names can be a bit tricky to try to pronounce but adds to its uniqueness. This is so suspenseful and I could not put it down. I've read the next 3 in the series and it just keeps getting better!
Valerie B.
Valerie B.
Lakeside, CA
This book is amazing. I will say off the bat it was a bit hard to get into because of the language difference but once I pushed through I was hooked! The book was high $20's or low &30's I only bought the hardcovers so it was more. But oh so worth it.
Kirsten K.
Kirsten K.
Seriously amazing. So well written and great mystery/thriller. I read this book multiple times and the rest of the series is great too. There is a little bit of a language difference but once you get into the book you won't want to put it down
Tamar M.
Tamar M.
I remember I fell in love with this book from the first page. The plot was ,,twisty" and involved me so much
Jacklyn P.
Jacklyn P.
June 25, 2017, 9:19 p.m.
Review for: The
I could not put this book down. The first 50-100 pages are a lot of information, but once you get past that point, holy twisty dark mystery. It kept me guessing until the final few chapters. Overall great book, very well written. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good mystery/thriller.
Ashley J.
Ashley J.
May 1, 2017, 8:45 p.m.
Review for: The
Ok....one of he greatest books I have ever read....and I will get to the other two later. The heroine Lisbeth is a badass computer hacker who meets this unsuccessful journalist uncovering a brutal string of crimes. A must read for anyone who loves a good mystery novel!
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
Wdm, IA
I've never read a mystery / crime book, and this story was divine! I found my copy for 50 cents at a garage sale, and that night I couldn't put the damn book down. I didn't want to go to sleep because I had to know what was going to happen next. Very unpredictable, and so much attention to detail. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series! This is a must read, seriously.
Anamika S.
Anamika S.
Rochester
Amazing thriller. Keeps you captivated until the very last page. Dont forget to clear your schedule before you start reading this one.
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
I love this series and the main character Lisbeth Salander! I first found these books when I was studying abroad in England and was thankful I did because they weren't yet available in the US when I got home. They are well written and definite page turners! I wish that Steig Larsson were still alive to continue writing these fantastic novels.
Megan S.
Megan S.
I hear that it takes a while for this book to really get going. Would someone who's read it agree with that? Because I've picked it up a few times now and I've had trouble getting past the beginning out of boredom.