Add a Photo

By CHEGG
A spellbinding amalgam of murder mystery, family saga, love story, and financial intrigue. It's about the disappearance 40 years ago of Harriet Vanger, a young scion of one of the wealthiest families in Sweden. and about her octogenarian uncle, determined to know the truth about what he believes was her murder. It's about Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently at the wrong end of a libel case, hired to get to the bottom of Harriet's disappearance. and about Lisbeth Salander, a 24-year-old, pierced and tattooed genius hacker possessed of the hard-earned wisdom of someone twice her age, who assists Blomkvist with the investigation. This unlikely team discovers a vein of nearly unfathomable iniquity running through the Vanger family, astonishing corruption in the highest echelons of Swedish industrialism - and an unexpected connection between themselves.
Emily P.
Emily P.

A serious thriller/ mystery/ crime story. The story was very well written with exceptional attention paid to details. It was a wild unpredictable story - the ending was not crazy and unexpected but it fit perfectly with the story the author had wove. Can't wait to get my hands on the next books in the trilogy so I can watch the movies (firm believer that you have to read the stories before you see films as they cannot cram all the detail into a 90 minute picture!)
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
Wdm, IA

I've never read a mystery / crime book, and this story was divine! I found my copy for 50 cents at a garage sale, and that night I couldn't put the damn book down. I didn't want to go to sleep because I had to know what was going to happen next. Very unpredictable, and so much attention to detail. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series! This is a must read, seriously.
Lindsay R.
Lindsay R.
Tampa, FL

This book is amazing! People have been talking about this book and finally decided to try it out. The author writes in such a way that you can't put it down! The Swedish names can be a bit tricky to try to pronounce but adds to its uniqueness. This is so suspenseful and I could not put it down. I've read the next 3 in the series and it just keeps getting better!
Valerie B.
Valerie B.
Lakeside, CA

This book is amazing. I will say off the bat it was a bit hard to get into because of the language difference but once I pushed through I was hooked! The book was high $20's or low &30's I only bought the hardcovers so it was more. But oh so worth it.
Kirsten K.
Kirsten K.

Seriously amazing. So well written and great mystery/thriller. I read this book multiple times and the rest of the series is great too. There is a little bit of a language difference but once you get into the book you won't want to put it down
Anamika S.
Anamika S.
Waltham, MA

Amazing thriller. Keeps you captivated until the very last page. Dont forget to clear your schedule before you start reading this one.
Tamar M.
Tamar M.

I remember I fell in love with this book from the first page. The plot was ,,twisty" and involved me so much
Andrea S.
Andrea S.

I love this series and the main character Lisbeth Salander! I first found these books when I was studying abroad in England and was thankful I did because they weren't yet available in the US when I got home. They are well written and definite page turners! I wish that Steig Larsson were still alive to continue writing these fantastic novels.
Emma C.
Emma C.
Sn Luis Obisp, CA

This is the first book of the most exciting trilogy I've read! I admit it started off a bit slow because it had to set up the background, but once it got going, I couldn't put it down. It is an exciting story of crime, mystery, and murder. There were parts that completely caught me off guard, making it all the more gripping.
Sam S.
Sam S.
North Pole, AK

Honestly I started this book about 7 times before my husband convinced me to keep going after the first 20 or so pages. It took a while to get interesting, but once it did. Oh what a rush! Such a great book with wonderful plot twists to keep you on the edge of you seat.
Megan S.
Megan S.

I hear that it takes a while for this book to really get going. Would someone who's read it agree with that? Because I've picked it up a few times now and I've had trouble getting past the beginning out of boredom.

Join Now