BY THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE

The Girl Who Played With Fire
  • "I found all of the books to be very well written and interesting." in 3 reviews
Ciara F.
Mesa, AZ
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I absolutely loved this book. To be honest, I was a little worried since the first book took so long to get going, but this book really hooked me right away and kept a quick pace throughout making it hard to put down. I would absolutely recommend to others. What is interesting is that I am actually not a huge fan of the main character (Lisbeth Salander), but I understand why she is the way she is and I do like how the other characters are with each other and with her.
Emma C.
Sn Luis Obisp, CA
The second book in the trilogy and possibly more exciting than the first. Stieg Larsson continues with a gripping plot that I couldn't put down. Lisbeth Salander is mysterious but you feel for her at the same time. This trilogy is incredible and I highly recommend them to everyone.
ashley a.
Tolland, CT
Part of the triology which includes the girl who played with fire. I liked this book less than i did with the other three, but the storyline is still well put together and offers a depth of characters that is lacking in most modern literature today.
Anaíd C.
Edinburg, TX
For the ending of this book alone, it is worth reading. However, while I wish I could say that this book was of the same caliber as that of the prior two books, in my opinion it was not.
Erin D.
Excellent series!
This book was more thriller and less mystery than the first. It also had less sexual violence. Both are incredible and keep you reading too late into the night.
Jackie S.
Cliffwood, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This is my favorite book in the Lisbeth Salander trilogy. It leaves you with the need to pick up the next book immediately. Lisbeth is an amazing character and very empowering for women.
Julie J.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Lisbeth Salander is what made the book for me. She isn't your typical heroine . She is smart and sexy and a bi-sexual. This is story is deals with Millenniums doing a story on trafficking of women.

This book delved in to all the characters and their sexual history from a cop to all the others. I didn't need to know who was sleeping with who, but it did add more layers to some of the characters. Lisbeth is wanted for murder of 3 people and she is trying to have Mikael help her with the case.

There was also lot of mention this time of Ikea furniture through out the book. Almost reminded me of a AD at times. There is hardly any interaction between Mikael and Lisbeth except by computer, which I missed it. This book was more about character development and the magazine. Also learned more about Lisbeth and her family.

Overall it was an okay book but tough topic and the author got very wordy at times. I will finish the series to see what happens with Lisbeth. As I stated before, she is a big part of this series.
Kelli E.
Rockford , MI
This series was so good! I couldn't put it down. It was so well written and kept me on the edge of seat the whole time. The European movies were very close to the books.
Ashley J.
Once again Lisbeth Salander is back and kicking ass! Love her story she is someone anyone can relate with in some way. This author really brought out every detail of her life which keeps me reading his work!
Sam S.
North Pole, AK
This series jusy keeps getting better and better! We all knew there was something lurking in Lisbeth's past and this opens us up to that! I can't wait to read the next one.
Lindsay H.
Columbus, OH
Bookworm Expert Level 3
How does this compare to girl with the dragon tattoo?
Shelly M.
San Diego , CA
What type of book is this?
Bree P.
Long beach, CA
Is this the second book of the series?
Janet M.
Norcross, GA
What genre is this and what's it about !?
Scarlett H.