BY DOUBLEDAY CANADA

Three women, three men, connected through marriage or infidelity. Each is to blame for something. But only one is a killer in this nail-biting, stealthy psychological thriller about human frailty and obsession. Just what goes on in the houses you pass by every day? Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning and evening, rattling over the same junctions, flashing past the same townhouses. The train stops at the same signal every day, and she sees the same couple, breakfasting on their roof terrace. Jason and Jess, as she calls them, seem so happy. Then one day Rachel sees someone new in their garden. Soon after, Rachel sees the woman she calls Jess on the news. Jess has disappeared. Through the ensuing police investigation, Rachel is drawn deeper into the lives of the couple she learns are really Megan and Scott Hipwell. As she befriends Scott, Rachel pieces together what really happened the day Megan disappeared. But when Megan's body is found, Rachel finds herself the chief suspect in the case. Plunged into a world of betrayals, secrets and deceptions, Rachel must confront the facts about her own past and her own failed marriage. A sinister and twisting story that will keep you guessing at every turn, The Girl on the Train is a high-speed chase for the truth.

• I read the back cover and it seems like a good read, I don't like...3 Answers
  • Should I read the book before I watch the movie?3 Answers
  • Is the movie a good depiction of the book?2 Answers
Ashleigh D.
Duncanville, AL
This book is amazing! I absolutely could not put it down. This is the first book I've read from this author, but it definitely won't be the last. And there's going to be a movie, so definitely will be planning on seeing that! I don't know who my favorite character is.. They were all so messed up and not likeable, but this story was thrilling and anything but predictable.
Madison M.
Athens, TN
I'm currently reading this book and so far I'm just feeling 'meh' about it. I'm waiting on that giant predictable plot twist. But I work at a bookstore and I'm told a lot that if you like this book you should read the two others. One is called Find Her and the other is called The Girl Before. Thought I would put this out here for those of you looking for more!
sasha d.
Whitehall, PA
This book had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! It was so well written and suspenseful and you were constantly guessing who done it. I bought the book on my ipad and had it finished by the next day it is one of my favorites thats for sure. Added Paula Hawkins to my favorite authors list!
Stacie D.
Land O Lakes, FL
This was a pretty good beach read. It was a page turner with suspense and mystery. I liked the author's use of the unreliable narrator in the main character, which leaves the reader questioning the source. I was a bit disappointed in the ending, but surprised... Easy read, guilty pleasure.
Olga G.
This ways one of my favorite thrillers of the year so far. The plot is gripping, and I was compelled to think about characters even when I wasn't reading the book. An ending is a bit predictable, but only if you pay attention to the clues. A worthy read!
Maren E.
Sioux Falls , SD
I could NOT stop reading this book. It started a little meager, but picked up quickly. Great, suspenseful storyline that keeps you wanting more. At times it was hard to keep the characters apart but that didn't take away from the story. Highly recommend!
Elizabeth S.
Brookline, MA
Obsessed!!! Such a great read. I read this in about 24 hours. The plot is thrilling, and the character twists are somewhat unexpected. A great mystery/thriller read, in the realm of "gone girl". If that niche interests you, you will enjoy this read.
diana H.
This is a great book but it just confused me in the beginning until I understood that jess or Jessie wasn't their real names. It's a good story line and I want to definitely watch the movie maybe if I had watched that before it may have helped IDK
Sabrina K.
I could not put this book down! It is thrilling and definitely worth the read. The characters are well developed and the writers voice is phenomenal. Already starting to read this again to pick up on clues I missed the first time around!
Alyssa F.
I enjoyed this book. It definitely keeps you interested throughout the entire novel. The only thing I disliked was that it was too predictable. I had it pegged from the start. Nevertheless it's still a nice and quick read
Olivia W.
Baltimore, MD
How similar is this to Gone Girl?
Sara P.
El Reno, OK
I read the back cover and it seems like a good read, I don't like graphic violence though, is there a lot of that?
Kelsey P.
Bolton, MS
Should I read the book before I watch the movie?
Shay H.
Boutte, LA
Is the movie a good depiction of the book?
Katie S.
Elyria, OH
Is this book worth reading?