BY DOUBLEDAY CANADA

Three women, three men, connected through marriage or infidelity. Each is to blame for something. But only one is a killer in this nail-biting, stealthy psychological thriller about human frailty and obsession. Just what goes on in the houses you pass by every day? Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning and evening, rattling over the same junctions, flashing past the same townhouses. The train stops at the same signal every day, and she sees the same couple, breakfasting on their roof terrace. Jason and Jess, as she calls them, seem so happy. Then one day Rachel sees someone new in their garden. Soon after, Rachel sees the woman she calls Jess on the news. Jess has disappeared. Through the ensuing police investigation, Rachel is drawn deeper into the lives of the couple she learns are really Megan and Scott Hipwell. As she befriends Scott, Rachel pieces together what really happened the day Megan disappeared. But when Megan's body is found, Rachel finds herself the chief suspect in the case. Plunged into a world of betrayals, secrets and deceptions, Rachel must confront the facts about her own past and her own failed marriage. A sinister and twisting story that will keep you guessing at every turn, The Girl on the Train is a high-speed chase for the truth.

• I read the back cover and it seems like a good read, I do...3 Answers
  • Should I read the book before I watch the movie?3 Answers
  • Is the movie a good depiction of the book?2 Answers
Megyn W.
Ames, IA
This book is wonderful! The suspense leaves you guessing the entire box and I couldn’t put it down! This was the first I have read of this author but I’m looking forward to reading many more. Great mystery.
Lauren H.
Millbrook, AL
Listened to this on audible before watching the movie. It took me a little while to get into it but I️ loved the suspense. The author a great job of keeping you interested right until the very end. If you like suspense I️ suggest reading it.
Shanice B.
Edmond, OK
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book is so twisted and I love it! A couple of classmates suggested this book to me and I was sketchy at first but I can't believe how good it turned out to be. There are SO many twists and turns. The film was a great interpretation of the book. It was spot on and it made the story so much easier to follow when you saw the different faces of the characters. I'm interested in reading more novels by her!
Leticia L.
BURLINGTON, MA
Another book that I loved and was so happy to see that they made it into a movie. The book tells the story in first person from the point of view of 3 women: Rachel, Anna, and Megan. At first you don't know how they are connected but soon you discover how their lives intertwine and you discover the truth and the twist. If you like thrillers, murders and stories with a twist, you will love this book. It shows such a beautiful and human side to people through sadness, anger and misery.
Kristie T.
This was a wonderful suspenseful book I couldn't put down! I would stay up late to read and get caught reading at work. The middle of the book just keeps twisting and turning. I did figure out the ending before I read it however I still enjoyed it! It's a slow start but stick with it!
Jessica P.
The saying stays true with this novel - the book is way better than the movie. The book provides the inner thoughts of the main character and gives a true insight to her plight. I read the Nook Book version and flew through it. Such an easy& entertaining read.
Jas Z.
N Las Vegas, NV
One of my favorite books of all time. I lived in china at the time of reading this and I would often take the train and read it. The story is so amazing and the plot twists will make you addicted to this book! I literally had a hard time putting it down. I read the whole book in a week. Mind you I had very busy weeks when I was working full time. Highly recommended!
Rachael R.
Grafton, MA
I loved this book! I saw that the movie would be released soon so I bought the book to read before I saw the movie. I finished the book in about 13hrs. It was a very enthralling book and I didn't want to put it down to go to bed. I have recommended it to everyone I know that reads regularly and hasn't read it yet. -the movie didn't do it justice in my opinion..
april t.
Yes yes yes! This books keeps you on your toes the whole time! Never would you ever believe the ending!! Guess all you want, but you will still feel like you are unsure who really did "it". Great read that keeps you wanting more! Give yourself a week (or three days) and you will be done!! You wont put it down!
Sarah L.
Averill Park, NY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I listened this book. I still don't understand the hype from this book. It is told from the three women in the book. It is slow in the beginning, but picks up at the end. I was wondering why these people are doing the things that they are doing. You understand all the whys at the end.
Olivia W.
Baltimore, MD
How similar is this to Gone Girl?
Sara P.
El Reno, OK
I read the back cover and it seems like a good read, I don't like graphic violence though, is there a lot of that?
Kelsey P.
Bolton, MS
Should I read the book before I watch the movie?
Katie S.
Elyria, OH
Is this book worth reading?
Sharanda H.
Boutte, LA
Is the movie a good depiction of the book?